Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People sell every statue. I'd sell mine if the price was right. There's always going to be a better statue just around the corner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not what i mean. I meant if you had to sell a statue to fund another Thanos would be one of the last statues you would sell.

And on what you are talking if someone comes in with a tempting offer to buy Thanos off you well that would be an option of course.

Thanos has officially divided the statue community :thwak.

But in all seriousness with all the debate, whose just pumped to get this in hand one day!? Regardless of ES, Price, or if it holds its value … I believe this thing will be one bad ass statue as long as the QC is good. I am just as stoked as I was when I originally pre-ordered it.

Unfortunately were looking at the rise of cost in statues becoming a norm, and while Thanos is $1200.00 … the going rate for a Premium format is now about $550.00. Heck by this time next year a premium format may even be $750.00, so whose to say this piece might not hold is value. Don’t forget as we have all seen the past few years, heck even months statues keep rising in price. There seems to be no end.

Hell even sideshow is charging more for an EX then a regular now, there is just no end!!!

Yup, exactly. I agree with your statement.

I ordered this piece because of how much I like it ...not because of its potential value in the future. I intend to keep this statue ...so I'm totally stoked that I ordered the EX.

SSC is a business and they are in this to make collectibles, but they also want to make money. If they can sell 4000 Thanos statues that is almost $5 Million in revenue that goes to pay for the statues, but it also goes to pay the artists and finance future projects that we haven to even seen yet. They may sell all of these, and they might not, but their way you cut it they have geared this release to make money, and I can't blame them. I can pretty much bet that the PO orders justified the ES.

what pissed off everyone is that they didn't list it as "batch sold out" but "sold out". If is a bs way of doing things. just like with dc statues.

I am sure this will get the "sold out" sign eventually but I would not be surprised to see it back for pre-order 1 year later.

Yeah :lol No one said they'd always get it right. However, batch production gives SSC a lot of leverage. Remember, they don't have to produce an entire run either. That said, if demand increases, they can always go back and finish the run. Look at the Mythos Obi-Wan. SSC stopped production on that early and didn't finish it. All of a sudden, the price started to spike and collectors were paying hundreds above retail to get one in the aftermarket. SSC saw that and went back into production and finished the run. Some collectors were irate because they thought SSC went over the set run on Obi. In reality, they just finished the original run because it was cut short.

Also, let's not forget that this is a huge and detailed piece. Wouldn't it make sense to make these in batches instead of rushing them all out at once? Why rush and risk risk sloppy QC? Making them in smaller batches may well be best for collectors in the long run when it comes to QC on this MAQ.

what pissed off everyone is that they didn't list it as "batch sold out" but "sold out". If is a bs way of doing things. just like with dc statues.

I am sure this will get the "sold out" sign eventually but I would not be surprised to see it back for pre-order 1 year later.

Good point

Didn't that happen with the Trinity PFs too? Or were they just wait listed? Either way, REGs as a whole hardly ever hold their retail value shortly after release. That's just the reality. Look at our for sale section. You'll find a a litany of REGs (some EXs too) at retail or less. Even more on ebay. I don't see that trend changing for this MAQ. Not with the price tag it carries and the HUGE ES on it. Also, once the smart kids start dumping their POs the minute they can get their NRD back, there will be an even greater glut of these on the market. My gut tells me that collectors that are patient will be able to save some good coin on the REG if they don't jump the gun and fall for all the hype.

Yeah :lol No one said they'd always get it right. However, batch production gives SSC a lot of leverage. Remember, they don't have to produce an entire run either.

This seems to be the unspoken elephant in the room. Though I have no evidence (as SS won't release sales data & I wouldn't trust a SS rep as far as I could spit) I'd bet dollars to donuts there are many, many SS (P1, XM, etc) pieces that have never had a completed run of REG's including the Trinity. Its loooonnngggg been an SS tactic of creating an OE piece while fostering the perception it's part of a limited run - balderdash I say.

I don't understand why people get angry at Sideshow for acting like a business

I don't understand why people get angry at Sideshow for acting like a business

Because they want a repeat of doom with throne pf as far as price in secondary market, so they didn't get a 1500 es on the regular and got a big es, so it is expected for the reg to lose money in the long run, what they want is to sell and make profit either as a reseller or in case they have to sell for emergency situations, it is not about the love for the character for some collectors, it is all about what kind of profit will I get on this or that. I will have money saved up so it won't be a problem for me in the long run, i'll collect because this is if qc is good is a masterpiece, there hasn't been anything this good being made by sideshow in a while, I missed on doom stupid me for not buying the ex for 500 at the time on ebay, but I won't miss this.

Didn't that happen with the Trinity PFs too? Or were they just wait listed? Either way, REGs as a whole hardly ever hold their retail value shortly after release. That's just the reality. Look at our for sale section. You'll find a a litany of REGs (some EXs too) at retail or less. Even more on ebay. I don't see that trend changing for this MAQ. Not with the price tag it carries and the HUGE ES on it. Also, once the smart kids start dumping their POs the minute they can get their NRD back, there will be an even greater glut of these on the market. My gut tells me that collectors that are patient will be able to save some good coin on the REG if they don't jump the gun and fall for all the hype.

Hell I just sold my Batman PF EX. version for less then retail just to get rid of it. No one wanted it.
Hate to say it but this does not bold well for those that think this piece was going to be a money maker. It will be very reasonable to purchase if not on release date but down the road. Especially at this price point...

Hell I just sold my Batman PF EX. version for less then retail just to get rid of it. No one wanted it.
Hate to say it but this does not bold well for those that think this piece was going to be a money maker. It will be very reasonable to purchase if not on release date but down the road. Especially at this price point...

I totally agree with you quad. Recent history and trends all point in that direction.

There are just so many statues coming out these days (especially Batman statues). Plus retail prices have exceeded what collectors are willing to pay in the aftermarket for most statues. I must be misjudging collectors' wallets and new collectors entering the market because it feels like the statue market is going to burst soon.

There are just so many statues coming out these days (especially Batman statues). Plus retail prices have exceeded what collectors are willing to pay in the aftermarket for most statues. I must be misjudging collectors' wallets and new collectors entering the market because it feels like the statue market is going to burst soon.

With bloated edition sizes, higher retail prices, and increased competition, the good old days are long gone. We have to accept that anything we buy will decrease in value just as soon as it's released. If you're not loving the characters and the statues that you buy, you're just throwing away your hard earned money because hardly anything is holding its value nowadays.

With bloated edition sizes, higher retail prices, and increased competition, the good old days are long gone. We have to accept that anything we buy will decrease in value just as soon as it's released. If you're not loving the characters and the statues that you buy, you're just throwing away your hard earned money because hardly anything is holding its value nowadays.

Preach! Not that they don't look amazing but nearly all of the XM and Prime 1 stuff can be had right around retail. Way too many companies, way too many statues and too few dollars

Will the ex hold its value? Or will the huge regular ES affect it to

it will not only hold it's value but sell for a premium. the large edition size on the regular may impact how high the ex will sell for in the after-market, but even that is of questionable impact.

Back