Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I disagree. The enormous demand for the EX is bound to spill over to the REG.

I disagree as well. How many times have you seen a REG edition be 5 times the amount of an EX and come with a $1200 price tag? My gut tells me we'll be seeing the REGs for quite awhile. Time will tell us who was right.

If the ex goes for a crazy amount on the secondary market I'm absolutely selling mine and ordering the regular because it will definitely be discounted before it sells out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree as well. How many times have you seen a REG edition be 5 times the amount of an EX and come with a $1200 price tag? My gut tells me we'll be seeing the REGs for quite awhile. Time will tell us who was right.

It would be interesting to know how many REGs have already sold. I don't believe they would have set the REG ES that high unless it was already selling well.

It would be interesting to know how many REGs have already sold. I don't believe they would have set the REG ES that high unless it was already selling well.

Sure they would. They will just sell them in batches. Just like they did with the REG Trinity PFs. It's not like unsold stock will be sitting in their warehouse. They will leave him up for PO and produce the MAQ in batches as the orders come in. How are the prices of the REG Batman, Supes, and WW PFs doing in the aftermarket? They are all selling for well under retail. I believe the same will happen with the REG MAQ.

Last edited:
Sure they would. They will just sell them in batches. Just like they did with the REG Trinity PFs. It's not like unsold stock will be sitting in their warehouse. They will leave him up for PO and produce the MAQ in batches as the orders come in.

If that's their strategy, why not do the same with every statue? You don't think sales have anything to do with the REG ES?

If that's their strategy, why not do the same with every statue? You don't think sales have anything to do with the REG ES?

Sales drive everything. If SSC believes they can sell 5000 Thanos MAQs then the ES would be 5000. My point is they don't have to sell 3500 MAQs quickly. They just need to believe that they can sell them eventually. That's how batch production works.

Sales drive everything. If SSC believes they can sell 5000 Thanos MAQs then the ES would be 5000. My point is they don't have to sell 3500 MAQs quickly. They just need to believe that they can sell them eventually. That's how batch production works.

Thats what i think as well. Thats how business work.so many analysis made to come up with that number. But then again. Just saw the cap pf ws on their site. The ex is still there. And thats 750es. Daaaamn

Sometimes they lower the Edition Size as well

Happened with Skeletor 2500 to 2000

Modern Thor EX 1500 to 750

The high number has more to do with the uncertainty of the Infinity War films

They probably want to use the Maquette as a slow burner to garner more sales in the future

Thats what i think as well. Thats how business work.so many analysis made to come up with that number. But then again. Just saw the cap pf ws on their site. The ex is still there. And thats 750es. Daaaamn

Yeah :lol No one said they'd always get it right. However, batch production gives SSC a lot of leverage. Remember, they don't have to produce an entire run either. That said, if demand increases, they can always go back and finish the run. Look at the Mythos Obi-Wan. SSC stopped production on that early and didn't finish it. All of a sudden, the price started to spike and collectors were paying hundreds above retail to get one in the aftermarket. SSC saw that and went back into production and finished the run. Some collectors were irate because they thought SSC went over the set run on Obi. In reality, they just finished the original run because it was cut short.

Also, let's not forget that this is a huge and detailed piece. Wouldn't it make sense to make these in batches instead of rushing them all out at once? Why rush and risk risk sloppy QC? Making them in smaller batches may well be best for collectors in the long run when it comes to QC on this MAQ.

Thanos has officially divided the statue community :thwak.

But in all seriousness with all the debate, whose just pumped to get this in hand one day!? Regardless of ES, Price, or if it holds its value … I believe this thing will be one bad ass statue as long as the QC is good. I am just as stoked as I was when I originally pre-ordered it.

Unfortunately were looking at the rise of cost in statues becoming a norm, and while Thanos is $1200.00 … the going rate for a Premium format is now about $550.00. Heck by this time next year a premium format may even be $750.00, so whose to say this piece might not hold is value. Don’t forget as we have all seen the past few years, heck even months statues keep rising in price. There seems to be no end.

Hell even sideshow is charging more for an EX then a regular now, there is just no end!!!

The regular edition may or may not drop in price but who would sell this piece? No one would unless for fall on bad times. You would sell other statues first if you just needed to raise some money to get a new statue you need.

Thanos has officially divided the statue community :thwak.

But in all seriousness with all the debate, whose just pumped to get this in hand one day!? Regardless of ES, Price, or if it holds its value … I believe this thing will be one bad ass statue as long as the QC is good. I am just as stoked as I was when I originally pre-ordered it.

Unfortunately were looking at the rise of cost in statues becoming a norm, and while Thanos is $1200.00 … the going rate for a Premium format is now about $550.00. Heck by this time next year a premium format may even be $750.00, so whose to say this piece might not hold is value. Don’t forget as we have all seen the past few years, heck even months statues keep rising in price. There seems to be no end.

Hell even sideshow is charging more for an EX then a regular now, there is just no end!!!

I think a Magneto PF is going to be that this year. :)

The regular edition may or may not drop in price but who would sell this piece? No one would unless for fall on bad times. You would sell other statues first if you just needed to raise some money to get a new statue you need.

Yeah I feel the same way. It's interesting when it comes to collecting. Who is to say someone sells this for a $400 profit not knowing the next owner could possibly still profit off that profit down the line lol. It's why I tend to focus on collecting pieces because I love the piece to keep. There are a few on here that will buy both regular to display and exclusive to keep for value sake. That's interesting also? Chuckles

People sell every statue. I'd sell mine if the price was right. There's always going to be a better statue just around the corner

Back