Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People want the EX more instead of ordering the collectors edition because they don't want to fork out an additional $250-$300 for a custom.

Meanwhile, had sideshow put the EX at TBD (later to be found 3000), this thread would get the same reactions and posts except people saying the EX too high now and bla bla.
Too low EX = people go crazy
Too high EX = people go nuts
Just right EX = doesn't exist

I hope everyone's WL converts and your EX accidentally gets canceled. :lol

IMG_4401.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is interesting to see the different behavior of people based on circumstances that have occurred. I have been following this thread since the beginning and there has been so many flip flops from people. Everything has been debated ES, price, selling potential, sculpt, etc. however when it sold it things truly got interesting. People started fabricating scenarios, other people were clearly lashing out because they missed out, others were all high and mighty because they got one. Of course there were some pleasantries and good talk back and forth as well. :offtopic: I know just wanted to say it out loud.

It is interesting to see the different behavior of people based on circumstances that have occurred. I have been following this thread since the beginning and there has been so many flip flops from people. Everything has been debated ES, price, selling potential, sculpt, etc. however when it sold it things truly got interesting. People started fabricating scenarios, other people were clearly lashing out because they missed out, others were all high and mighty because they got one. Of course there were some pleasantries and good talk back and forth as well. :offtopic: I know just wanted to say it out loud.

Hahahahahaha yup. Also noticed this. I think im in the only category of "ex converted to wl while in cart but hopes it doesn't convert anytime soon for me to focus on the avengers assemble line but will be also ok if it doesn't convert cus i managed to snag the framed print at least" [emoji23][emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My stance has always been the same. If I have an EX and it's sold out. I hope that those on the WL convert. If I missed out and got on the WL, I hope I convert. I hope QC is good for everyone and those that have issues...I hope they can get them resolved to their satisfaction.

Now if CBG is on a WL. I hope he doesn't convert and has to pay double the retail price to get the piece he wants. :lol Just kidding. I think. :wink1:

It just seems unlikely that someone would surrender their PO at this point, when it seems likely they could flip it for a profit.

That's the thing though. There hasn't been one EX sold on eBay at auction. So, we really have no true way of knowing what's a fair aftermarket value on the EX. There has been nothing but speculation ranging from $2000 to a ridiculous $4000+. I'm not buying that collectors would drop an extra $800 for a switch out portrait with the REG still readily available. The EX will sell above retail, but how much remains to be seen.

That's the thing though. There hasn't been one EX sold on eBay at auction. So, we really have no true way of knowing what's a fair aftermarket value on the EX. There has been nothing but speculation ranging from $2000 to a ridiculous $4000+. I'm not buying that collectors would drop an extra $800 for a switch out portrait with the REG still readily available. The EX will sell above retail, but how much remains to be seen.

You're right, we don't know yet, but in my mind, all signs point to this piece rising in value. At a bare minimum, I would think the EX will sell for the cost of a collector's edition plus the cost of a custom portrait. So why surrender an EX preorder and give up that free $$?

Back