Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brings back memories! I remember being a Senior in HS when The Infinity Gauntlet came out. There was was never any other comic series that I looked forward to more than that. I really wish out of all my comics that I still had that run. Sold off my comics years ago after I got married and just have a big collection of graphic novels and TPBs on my bookshelves and of course The Infinity Gauntlet is one of them.

Brings back memories! I remember being a Senior in HS when The Infinity Gauntlet came out. There was was never any other comic series that I looked forward to more than that. I really wish out of all my comics that I still had that run. Sold off my comics years ago after I got married and just have a big collection of graphic novels and TPBs on my bookshelves and of course The Infinity Gauntlet is one of them.

Yes ... well there is always EBay.....

It's a good thing then that a lot of people that buy expensive comic statues don't read comics.

There are so many people, especially with the XM statues that admit they don't know a thing about the character but bought the statue because it looked cool. I'm always shocked that someone would admit to that but it happens more frequently than it should

I'm glad you said this. I didn't even consider that the Reg head may not be removable. That may suck for a lot of people wanting aftermarket head sculpts.

I doubt it, most of the time the heads always come off even if they don't have other head sculpts. Look at green goblin his head isn't attached and there is no other head sculpt.

I for one can tell you I am happy with my regular Thanos and I know the character well and I've read comics almost all of my existence. Now to be fair when concept went up I only saw the serious face and thought to myself they should have made him grinning. At that moment however I still had decided I wanted it and would get it as soon as it became available the grinning face was never an issue until they announced it would be an EX. Even then I just knew I wanted the statue the fact that it would have an extra head with a grin that just made it that much more exciting. Now once I found out it had sold out, of course I was disappointed but I still bought it and was still and am still happy with my purchase. So I might be the exception but I am happy with my regular despite knowing the character so don't speak for everyone. Now if I get the chance to get an alternate head sculpt I will be happy but if I don't it won't change that I am extremely and yes I do mean extremely happy with the statue. I've only ever been this excited when I got my Gladiator Hulk and my Punisher comiquette.

I would argue that you actually agree with me : )

let me ask, if you could choose between the 2 portraits, which would you pick? I already know the answer : )

And for $1200 big ones, it is a shame SS decided to make something so central to the character unavailable to most collectors.

I would argue that you actually agree with me : )

let me ask, if you could choose between the 2 portraits, which would you pick? I already know the answer : )

And for $1200 big ones, it is a shame SS decided to make something so central to the character unavailable to most collectors.

Yeah but your argument was that nobody would be happy with it I however am happy with it lol I agree that it should have a grin I never denied that all I'm simply saying is you can still be happy with it and be missing the grinning portrait. Trust me overall it's like someone else said I would rather serious Thanos than no Thanos. Back to your point though yup they should have just made the regular with the grin but I reiterate I am still happy. Lol

So that means any amount of thanos reg bought is by people that don't understand the character? Nah.

So that means any amount of thanos reg bought is by people that don't understand the character? Nah.

Thank you! It would actually stand to make more sense that people are such true Thanos fans that they would even purchase it without his iconic grin. However just because it's iconic doesn't make it Thanos only expression he does have his bad days guys lol

On a side note I'm glad I preordered that framed Thanos print when I did last week. Apparently unframed prints were not an option ... and today's release was nothing more then a Waitlist that now to has become "sold out".

So happy to have had the opportunity to get both the EX and Print!

I'm just waiting for the first WL conversions to be reported so that I can have an idea. If things go too long I'll plan to PO a regular if/when a low quantity alert goes up. I still think there will 100+ WL conversions. Not sure how far I am down the line, but relatively early. And again, I would not fret because there will absolutely be custom heads for this as long as the portrait is removable on the regular (on the EX the seam is right along the jawline). I can't see SS fixing the head on the regular version as it would probably require a different mold and a different packaging configuration.

They don't do low quantity alerts anymore

I never understand anyone buying a statue of a character they have zero knowledge of. Especially at XM, Thanos prices.

Well, in the end, it's a work of art. Some people appreciate the craftsmanship and artistry that goes into certain pieces. You don't always have to understand or have vast or any knowledge of something to appreciate the beauty and work put into it.

Yeah but your argument was that nobody would be happy with it I however am happy with it lol I agree that it should have a grin I never denied that all I'm simply saying is you can still be happy with it and be missing the grinning portrait. Trust me overall it's like someone else said I would rather serious Thanos than no Thanos. Back to your point though yup they should have just made the regular with the grin but I reiterate I am still happy. Lol

I guess I should have said "more happy" : )

to me, getting the regular is "settling" and I just can't do it.

I hope customizers come to my rescue!

Lmfao you know what this will be my first piece ever though that has an exclusive and I don't own the exclusive lol I need customizers to the rescue as well XD I know I will still love this big guy though just want me some custom arms and head sculpts. Don't forget another big selling point is that sexy light up gauntlet that really seals the deal.

Any chance of them adding more swap outs parts? Like the closed fist with Gauntlet?

Unfortunately not. Alex confirmed that a second gauntlet hand will not be included.

I think it's very likely there will be custom pieces available for this. I would love a swap out hand holding the Cosmic Cube (assuming that the hand will be removable)

Back