Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am surprised there isn't more chatter here about it.

the detail on the throne is fantastic but I remain disappointed. I wish it was much larger...or at the very least taller in the back. I want a throne, not a chair.

thanos himself is the absolute best I have ever seen. SS truly did a fantastic job on him in every way.

I think the price is going to shock a lot of people...my guess is $999 or more. It will be curious to see how many fans actually take the plunge if that turns out to be the case.

I completely agree. The sticker shock will be real on this. I predict a price around $1500 with an open edition size. I don't view this as a maquette, but more of a legendary scale figure. I hope everyone realizes what is coming because this thing will cost a mint. I will be in for anything under $950.

I really dont understand why its ok for this to be more than other Premium Format pieces like Lobo, or Apocalypse which was around the 600USD mark. Ive been seeing these high dollar numbers be thrown all around social media.

I thought the reason for making large Edition sizes was for them to bring down the cost per piece. So if the Edition size is set to 1000 pieces, then maybe it would be priced around 700USD, but if the Edition size is 5000 pieces, then it would be priced around 500-600USD.

I dont know if Sideshow reps follow any social media forums, or groups that all of us are in, but if they do they can see these bloated numbers which people seem to be ok with paying these days.

Its a shame really because spending 500-600USD is a lot of money to most people, and when you finally figure out how to budget for that amount of money, you're kicked in the pants again with another major price bump, not like 50 dollar, but hundreds more.

/

I really dont understand why its ok for this to be more than other Premium Format pieces like Lobo, or Apocalypse which was around the 600USD mark. Ive been seeing these high dollar numbers be thrown all around social media.

I thought the reason for making large Edition sizes was for them to bring down the cost per piece. So if the Edition size is set to 1000 pieces, then maybe it would be priced around 700USD, but if the Edition size is 5000 pieces, then it would be priced around 500-600USD.

I dont know if Sideshow reps follow any social media forums, or groups that all of us are in, but if they do they can see these bloated numbers which people seem to be ok with paying these days.

Its a shame really because spending 500-600USD is a lot of money to most people, and when you finally figure out how to budget for that amount of money, you're kicked in the pants again with another major price bump, not like 50 dollar, but hundreds more.

/

by looking at the size and the detail of the throne, the popularity of the character. i think 900 is a fair price.

/

right on!

I really don't care for the angle on this. How are you suppose to pose him, looking at him dead on and can't see his face, or turn it at an angle to see the face?

Absolutely. Although a turntable isn't ideal for most people I do agree the pose/angle can make displaying him a little frustrating.

I cannot recall a statue (ever) that Sideshow has tried to hype like this one. Add Igo's comments on the other forum about it being huge in every way (including the price) and well, get ready.

I cannot recall a statue (ever) that Sideshow has tried to hype like this one. Add Igo's comments on the other forum about it being huge in every way (including the price) and well, get ready.

I have a feeling that the high price is part of why there is so much hype. Make people want it enough then they will be willing to pay the price

the problem with that thinking is that not everyone has deep pockets. the 3% of their forum customers might but their target market these days which is the casual 1 time collector won't be willing to drop $900 bones on a statue.

Back