Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I miss ex I would have been happy with the reg this to me is the definition of a marvel museum artpiece and worth buying. Rarely do we get a masterpiece like this, everyone just be happy with the reg, I'll be admiring the reg on display can't wait really.

If I miss ex I would have been happy with the reg this to me is the definition of a marvel museum artpiece and worth buying. Rarely do we get a masterpiece like this, everyone just be happy with the reg, I'll be admiring the reg on display can't wait really.

You have a lot of confidence in Sideshow's production piece.

I cannot settle. they should have made the smiling head the regular. Then I would gladly buy it. I think SS underestimated its appeal.

I cannot settle. they should have made the smiling head the regular. Then I would gladly buy it. I think SS underestimated its appeal.

Lol you wanted to take my bet that I called this EX would sell out in less then an hour even at its price point ... you did not believe this would sell out in less then an hour. Why would you want the EX now all of a sudden?

Pretty sure you underestimated its appeal :lecture

Maybe Sideshow will increase the EX edition size by 1000 units like they've accidentally done in the past. "Oh we just noticed Doctor Doom (standing) had an edition size of X... we actually meant that it had an edition size of X+1000!"

Only people who still own Doom will say it's great. The Doom LSF is bigger and has a lot more details. Never got the hype.

That LS Doom was very nice. But just didn't wow me enough to spend 2k on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol you wanted to take my bet that I called this EX would sell out in less then an hour even at its price point ... you did not believe this would sell out in less then an hour. Why would you want the EX now all of a sudden?

Pretty sure you underestimated its appeal :lecture

the bet was about how much people would pay in the aftermarket if I recall correctly...not that it would sell out quickly.

I don’t know. If SS put an ES of 750-1000 EX at 1499.99 … bet the EX would sell out in an hour and ebay listings would be at 2.2k start within 5 seconds of the Pre-order starting lol.

View attachment 331389

Oh god I hope that I am wrong. I am hoping this clocks in at or less then a $1000.00. Even with a ton of reward points ... hoping this does not cost me more then $350.00 out of pocket.

This is what I had put lol

This is what I had put lol

Not even in hand yet, I am sure people are willing to pay more then $1500 right now for this statue as a custom portrait plus the cost of the regular version up the cost.

Want to bet :monkey3 hahaha jk.

Regardless do not miss out a piece of art that is going to standout so much once it is in hand. The regular version will have an awesome presence about it ...regardless if it has an EX portrait or not. Before this was even available to order I was trying to give advice for people not to delay and pull the trigger when it was live. :rock2:

While I know this statue may continue to be a sore spot for many collectors who missed out on the EX, I've moved beyond it. It happens. As soon as the ES is announced I'll probably go ahead and PO the Regular/Collectors version, and I'm sure I'll be thrilled with it. Personally I'm looking forward to the custom swap-out portraits and arms that will no doubt hit the market following the release. I'm sure there will be more than one smiling portrait as well as a regular gauntlet holding the Cosmic Cube. I wonder if Sideshow had offered both portraits and made the EX a gauntlet with the cosmic cube if it would have sold out as quickly and if folks would be more apt to order the regular. The Cosmic Cube is essential IMO, but it probably has more significance to earlier readers. The perfect combos would be Collectors portrait + Cosmic Cube, Smiling portrait + Infinity Gauntlet. Maybe I need to plan for two.

Another thing is I don't believe SS has confirmed light up of the gauntlet and/or portrait, only saying that they are hoping to offer. It could be one of those cases where they price it out and say "forget it we've made our money". At the very least I hope the gauntlet lights up, especially for the price. However, if the gauntlet and/or portrait doesn't light up, that could be another differentiator for customs. Not that it would come cheap.

Now I'm going to take my $25 cancellation prize and save some money on a Star Wars figure. :clap

Last edited:
If you pass on the Regular and Buy the Exclusive at top dollar, theres something seriously wrong with you.

While I know this statue may continue to be a sore spot for many collectors who missed out on the EX, I've moved beyond it. It happens. As soon as the ES is announced I'll probably go ahead and PO the Regular/Collectors version, and I'm sure I'll be thrilled with it. Personally I'm looking forward to the custom swap-out portraits and arms that will no doubt hit the market following the release. I'm sure there will be more than one smiling portrait as well as a regular gauntlet holding the Cosmic Cube. I wonder if Sideshow had offered both portraits and made the EX a gauntlet with the cosmic cube if it would have sold out as quickly and if folks would be more apt to order the regular. The Cosmic Cube is essential IMO, but it probably has more significance to earlier readers. The perfect combos would be Collectors portrait + Cosmic Cube, Smiling portrait + Infinity Gauntlet. Maybe I need to plan for two.

Another thing is I don't believe SS has confirmed light up of the gauntlet and/or portrait, only saying that they are hoping to offer. It could be one of those cases where they price it out and say "forget it we've made our money". At the very least I hope the gauntlet lights up, especially for the price. However, if the gauntlet and/or portrait doesn't light up, that could be another differentiator for customs. Not that it would come cheap.

Now I'm going to take my $25 cancellation prize and save some money on a Star Wars figure. :clap

Gauntlets have been confirmed for lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My EX wait-list was cancelled too which is unfortunate because it would be my first SS piece that I would have bought in the last 2 years. I'm not gonna settle on the regular/collector's edition though since I find the EX head to be make or break. Oh well it is what it is. I'll just put that money towards a XM Studios Cable instead! Yayy!!

Back