Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow ...this thread! Wonder in what direction this thread will go as we wait for this piece to get into people's hands? This will be an interesting read as I wait for my EX ...tell ya that much.

I thought ur temper tantrum over pricing was equally entertaining

If Sideshow would debut a new more robust packaging with this statue, that would be great. Probably not, but that sure would mitigate all the broken in shipping events. Also for a statue that is utterly, totally and absolutely identical in every way from Reg to Ex, accept for that great smiley head. If one does well, they will BOTH do well as a sought after piece.

That's exactly what I said earlier. I stand with you on this topic. Tell me a SSC EX Marvel grail that doesn't have an expensive REG behind it. Doom, Cap, Thor, Gambit, Spidey, etc... All of those of those EXs comes with REG editions that'll set a collector back a thousand $$$ and more in the aftermarket. Yet so many would have us believe that THIS is the statue that will break the mold....and the REG doesn't even have an ES yet. Also, SSC is canceling WL reservations already to try and sell their REGs. I firmly believe that the REGs must be completely sold out before we start seeing this MAQs price truly spike in the aftermarket and stay there consistently.

That's exactly what I said earlier. I stand with you on this topic. Tell me a SSC EX Marvel grail that doesn't have an expensive REG behind it. Doom, Cap, Thor, Gambit, Spidey, etc... All of those of those EXs comes with REG editions that'll set a collector back a thousand $$$ and more in the aftermarket. Yet so many would have us believe that THIS is the statue that will break the mold....and the REG doesn't even have an ES yet. Also, SSC is canceling WL reservations already to try and sell their REGs. I firmly believe that the REGs must be completely sold out before we start seeing this MAQs price truly spike in the aftermarket and stay there consistently.

Perhaps the reg is almost at the magic number already

I thought ur temper tantrum over pricing was equally entertaining

You better believe it! Entertaining it was.

Still say its overpriced. But I got it nonetheless. On occasion I will splurge if its warranted.

Anything is possible, nobody thought the EX would go as fast as it did either

I would be surprised if the regular is even more than 2000 given the price point and this is no small piece by any means

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah what a crazy idea

Ur ridiculous.

Sour grapes

Btw they've upgraded people before look at the Doom PF

The people with the real problem are the sideline hos

Always complaining about price quality and the fact they missed out after the fact. Truly disgusting and most people are tired of their ********

I'm sorry u didn't get one... 1st world problems.

Boo hoo life goes on

You know what Rulk? I truly used to respect you. You've been here for awhile and even with some of the wild things you have said in the past, I felt like you cared about this hobby and your fellow board members. I don't feel that way anymore. Something is broken in you. Anyone who takes pleasure in other peoples hardship or pain, has issues in life. If you think I get riled up over a statue or the opinions people express here, you're wrong. For the record, I already own the XM Thanos and I'm very happy with it. So, I have no need of this piece (even though I think it looks fantastic). I don't have room in my collection for two 1/4 Thanos statues and I've always liked a more classic vibe to my statues. So, the XM Thanos fills the bill for me.

Now I'll go ahead and wait for you to say the MAQ craps all over the XM Thanos and how deep down inside, I'm just an entitled ass that missed out on the EX and is just jelly. I've disagreed with you in the past a few times, but I've always tried to do it respectfully. I thought it was mutual. I guess I was wrong.

I would be surprised if the regular is even more than 2000 given the price point and this is no small piece by any means

Yes , that's what I think ... 2000-3000 ...if less that's good... doesn't really matter to me ... awesome piece anyway....

Perhaps the reg is almost at the magic number already

It may be. We don't know. We do know it's still TBD and by canceling the EX WL for some, SSC is hoping to sell more REGs. The only thing I can say for certain is, time will tell all. I'll also have no problems saying I was wrong if that's the case.

Sideshow is cancelling the waitlists because they have too many people in it, there's nothing nefarious about it.
No one thought this would sell out in 7 minutes so it's very easy to see a waitlist of what, half that number(?), sellout in less than that amount of time.
I'd also guess that they have far, far fewer orders rejected for bad credit cards numbers than usual so with that attrition rate being lower than usual the amount of waitlists that even have a minimal chance is small.

Sideshow is cancelling the waitlists because they have too many people in it, there's nothing nefarious about it.
No one thought this would sell out in 7 minutes so it's very easy to see a waitlist of what, half that number(?), sellout in less than that amount of time.
I'd also guess that they have far, far fewer orders rejected for bad credit cards numbers than usual so with that attrition rate being lower than usual the amount of waitlists that even have a minimal chance is small.

This is a bit of a slippery slope for me. I believe they did the exact same thing with the EX Joker PF. They notified customers that they would have to cancel some wait listers because there were too many of them. They also had the EX listed as sold out (just like this MAQ). Then, months later, they re-opened the WL. Customers that had their WL canceled were furious. They lost their place in line on the original WL and had to scramble to get on the new one. However, I'm sure that many collectors purchased a REG Joker when they were told their original WL for the EX was canceled. I'm not implying anything here. However, as a customer I'd like my WL canceled when all the EXs are shipped and accounted for. If I miss out on a REG, that's my problem. If I really want a statue, I'll pick up the EX or REG in the aftermarket then and call it a day.

Last edited:

Sideshow is the devil, you know this :rolleyes2

So this is how it starts is it?
The fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men... cruel.

This is a bit of a slippery slope for me. I believe they did the exact same thing with the EX Joker PF. They notified customers that they would have to cancel some wait listers because there were too many of them. They also had the EX listed as sold out (just like this MAQ). Then, months later, they re-opened the WL. Customers that had their WL canceled were furious. They lost their place in line on the original WL and had to scramble to get on the new one. However, I'm sure that many collectors purchased a REG Joker when they were told their original WL for the EX was canceled. I'm not implying anything here. However, as a customer I'd like my WL canceled when all the EXs are shipped and accounted for. If I miss out on a REG, that's my problem. If I really want a statue, I'll pick up the EX or REG in the aftermarket then and call it a day.

That's happened to me a few times over the years....they cancel my WL only to open it up to orders again....lol. I don't think it really bothered me much at that point. I just thought it was an odd business move to do and it did piss lots of people off...

This thread certainly is interesting to say the least.....I truly believe if you are a fan of the character you need to order the reg now and get a custom head later when they come out......If the number on the bottom of the base is that important to you then maybe the character isn't that important in the first place...

For those commenting on the Doom on Throne...I did have it but found the only reason I had it was to say "I had it" as bragging rights since I had no connection to the character at all. I decided to sell it to someone who really wanted it. The piece is an amazingly well done piece and you can only appreciate it in person. Alas I had no connection and sold it...I have no connection to this character and such won't be getting either the reg or the ex.

I do believe many collectors are buying pieces purely as status symbols anymore, doing so is going to be costly and possibly financially irresponsible, so if you think you maybe are on of those, maybe take a step back and give your head a shake......just saying. it is only a statue after all....like it's been said...First world problems...lol

So this is how it starts is it?
The fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men... cruel.

that would make an excellent meme LOL

4-star-wars-quotes.gif

Back