Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another statue on throne again? Not saying its not something collectors should get excited about. But i wish there was some concept out there that SS could offer us thats something different other than another villain sitting on a throne. It makes SS a little bit unoriginal. It sounds thou as if they are trying to compete with another company who had made a fully sculpted statue that blew a lot of peoples mind that's sitting on a throne as well.

We have the original SS doom on throne, we have ultron on throne, we have XM magneto on throne, we have gladiator hulk on throne by Halimaw sculptures, we have aquaman on throne from IA, and XM medusa on her throne....then this, then what? Maybe a 1/4 Loki sitting on throne next. And oh i forget i thought i saw a Mephisto concept somewhere thats also sitting on Throne.

Kratos on the throne / Thor on the Throne / Batman on the Throne I see your point. What would you rather see?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be very surprised if they keep this to 750 pieces. They already changed the Limited Edition number to TBD .

Yeah 750 seems a low number for a piece like this. But in saying that it ain't cheap neither

So upset was looking forward to the exclusive watching all the blogs I even got the wifey to agree to the purchase. And I had absolutely no idea it came out today until one of my buddies said hey it's sold out lol.
I called sideshow and asked customer service what are the chances this will come back live online she said very slim that I should grab the regular version. (Lol laughed to myself at that point exclusive or go home is what I wanted to tell her) but what do you guys think? Is there a possibility they may make the waitlist open again or am I better off ordering the regular?

They have reopened a waitlist before but in this case it's very doubtful. The only way it can happen is if every single person on the current waitlist passes.

I stand corrected, the Exclusive is limited to 750, the collectors edition has the TBD number, but when you make almost $1 million in ten minutes (minus Marvel fees and overhead) for the exclusive, I am sure this will be a high production run.

Gents, do not worry about being on the waitlist....or not getting on at all right now.
This is a $1200 statue. There will be a ton of cancellations close to release based on the price point alone.

Gents, do not worry about being on the waitlist....or not getting on at all right now.
This is a $1200 statue. There will be a ton of cancellations close to release based on the price point alone.
I don't think many people want to lose the $120ish deposit that's non refundable though.

Man, I really hope this EX ES being decided at PO is something they go back to. Brings back some of that excitement!

I don't think many people want to lose the $120ish deposit that's non refundable though.

Yeah, that's the part that will sting, and I agree. Most will not based on that premise. A $50 NRD is a different story.

WOW I'm impressed.....Now ssc knows if they actually do a statue that people want and do it properly (which time will tell if QC holds up) that they can price a piece high and it will sell out in no time...lol. Look out collectors (Magneto) for the new Norm from SSC....
So glad I don't have to deal with this anymore....lol

WOW I'm impressed.....Now ssc knows if they actually do a statue that people want and do it properly (which time will tell if QC holds up) that they can price a piece high and it will sell out in no time...lol. Look out collectors (Magneto) for the new Norm from SSC....

You out of the game or just sticking with XM/P1?

Hahahaha. They are watching you XM their quote will be. Anything XM put out we can match it price for price sometimes higher not lower! Magneto will be higher. They should also do a separate page for parts only and have those numbered also or there will be a wait list for those too.

The EX head is a must for this statue. My only critique of the statue is that Thanos should be facing straight ahead, but other than that the statue is amazing. If Sideshow can keep the QC top-notch, this will be an instant grail.

Man, I really hope this EX ES being decided at PO is something they go back to. Brings back some of that excitement!
I didn't have any intention of preordering, but I would be angry if I missed out on the EX on this one. There needs to be a balance between TBD/insanely high Edition Sizes and hyping an already popular statue up and then having the EX sell out in 5 minutes. I remember the days of server crashes and 5 minute sellouts and it was never fun. Make the item TBD on day one and then set the ES after that.

Back