Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not only that ...but I thought posting links to recasts is grounds for a ban. I could be wrong...

People can just go to eBay and type them up. It will show up along with other recast from China on other ex heads. Go report them all. I did already. I deleted the links and mods can delete the quoted links. I also contacted mods to remove the quoted links just now. Too bad ss probably won’t do anything about these. Once they mix up with collectors who thought they were real will never know,and then when they sell it as a real ss product.

Last edited:
People can just go to eBay and type them up. It will show up along with other recast from China on other ex heads. Go report them all. I did already. I deleted the links and mods can delete the quoted links. I also contacted mods to remove the quoted links just now. Too bad ss probably won’t do anything about these. Once they mix up with collectors who thought they were real will never know,and then when they sell it as a real ss product.

Yes, anybody can just go to eBay and search them up, but as you can see not everyone knew that. By you linking them, you basically advertised them. And because of that, people that didn't know about them now do. You are helping those people that are selling recasts.

Reporting them to eBay was a good move. A much better and wiser move than linking them.

A) This thread has already been cleaned up to avoid recast discussions once.

B) CBG repeatedly telling people how to find them is the same as advertising them. Don’t play dense.

C) The recasts that have shipped are all smaller than the original. Especially if you look at them from the side

D) Why is it okay for so many guys in this hobby that THIS Ex is being recast? There was a time when the community as a whole would be foaming at the mouth to get rid of these guys. Instead people are lining up to buy these pieces of crap. When did so many people turn into bloody man babies

B) CBG repeatedly telling people how to find them is the same as advertising them. Don’t play dense.

C) The recasts that have shipped are all smaller than the original. Especially if you look at them from the side

D) Why is it okay for so many guys in this hobby that THIS Ex is being recast? There was a time when the community as a whole would be foaming at the mouth to get rid of these guys. Instead people are lining up to buy these pieces of crap. When did so many people turn into bloody man babies
When prices went up, supply went down and quality went down.

Why pay full price for a piece of crap when you can get a recast for 1/2 the price.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Also, the recasts that were shipped were defective. The new ones are identical to SS. It's kind of a lost cause to even report eBay sellers. They'll just pop up with new account names. And what does eBay care? They make money off of them too. It'd be like TicketMaster caring about StubHub lol.

When prices went up, supply went down and quality went down.

Why pay full price for a piece of crap when you can get a recast for 1/2 the price.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Isn't more logical to not buy a piece of crap? Even at half price, it's still illogical to buy a piece of crap.

Also, the recasts that were shipped were defective. The new ones are identical to SS. It's kind of a lost cause to even report eBay sellers. They'll just pop up with new account names. And what does eBay care? They make money off of them too. It'd be like TicketMaster caring about StubHub lol.

eBay has a moral and legal responsibility to remove illegal selling from their site. They can get into a lot of trouble if they don't.

It's when we stop acting against crime that crime becomes okay. So even though recast sellers will pop up again with a different name we still have to keep reporting them. Buying from them encourages them further. Not reporting them does the same thing.

eBay has a moral and legal responsibility to remove illegal selling from their site. They can get into a lot of trouble if they don't.

It's when we stop acting against crime that crime becomes okay. So even though recast sellers will pop up again with a different name we still have to keep reporting them. Buying from them encourages them further. Not reporting them does the same thing.

That's true, you're right. And it is also against eBay policy. But I think unless Sideshow sues eBay, they won't really act in a sufficient enough manner.

If goods were removed off of eBay for not owning the licence (artistic or technological patent etc) I think eBay would have to close in China and the surrounding counties in South East Asia. As holding patents etc has never really meant all that much in China unfortunately.

If goods were removed off of eBay for not owning the licence (artistic or technological patent etc) I think eBay would have to close in China and the surrounding counties in South East Asia. As holding patents etc has never really meant all that much in China unfortunately.

True I’ve reported all those xm ko, ss ko, bishoujo ko, etc over and over. eBay rarely ever removes them even after multiple reports. I contacted koto on the bishoujo ko and they said there’s nothing they can or would try to do.

True I’ve reported all those xm ko, ss ko, bishoujo ko, etc over and over. eBay rarely ever removes them even after multiple reports. I contacted koto on the bishoujo ko and they said there’s nothing they can or would try to do.

Ultimately, it costs way more to have your legal team go after anyone than it's worth.

Ultimately, it costs way more to have your legal team go after anyone than it's worth.

In other words screw the collectors as long as the companies make money. Well I guess on the bright side now people who didn’t know will know when they buy after market. Otherwise they would all think it’s a real ss product. The troubled thing is how do we know what’s real or fake? They both look exactly the same with nothing separating them apart. There’s no number or certification on loose parts. Maybe ss needs to start numbering parts as well.

In other words screw the collectors as long as the companies make money.

This is America. Corporate profits always come before consumer desire. In this case, it costs more than they lose to have their legal council go after corporate entities (eBay) or foreign countries (China).

In other words screw the collectors as long as the companies make money.

Yes and no. As many collectors probably wouldn't touch a 'whole' fake statue with a ten foot pole. Myself included. And those that do, probably wouldn't buy many originals in the first place.

And as long as they're advertised as fakes/recasts it shouldn't hurt Sideshow too much. The problem is later on when collectors try to sell them as authentic pieces.

This is America. Corporate profits always come before consumer desire. In this case, it costs more than they lose to have their legal council go after corporate entities (eBay) or foreign countries (China).

But is it truly Sideshows etc responsibility to go after recasters. If they don't 'care' about their loss of 'potential' revenue (probably due to legal $$$), why should we?

(Though I do sort of understand if a market is flooded with fakes it 'could' hurt demand for authentic pieces - especially 'if' there is a large enough segment of the pre-existing market [e.g China is filled with fakes, and most there don't seem to care all that much] who are willing to buy whole recasts)

Yes and no. As many collectors probably wouldn't touch a 'whole' fake statue with a ten foot pole. Myself included. And those that do, probably wouldn't buy many originals in the first place.

And as long as they're advertised as fakes/recasts it shouldn't hurt Sideshow too much. The problem is later on when collectors try to sell them as authentic pieces.

I agree with this, I'm actually not too worried about the full recast even though many are close or exactly like the real thing. Collectors who buy real statues don't care for them and don't want them in their collections. Myself included. That's a fact for the most part. But I agree these companies are not doing anything which stinks no matter how you look at the pros and cons. In the end they just don't care and its all about the money in most cases.
The part I really hate about these recasts are once they copy the misc parts there's not way to tell which is real or fake once they mix into the real statues. What if a dishonest collector drops his thanos ex head by accident and it breaks. So he buys a recast to replace it and sells it. Then the next buyer will sell that as a real item because he doesn't even know its a fake. This goes for all misc parts which is probably already or will be made.Seems like this is the new trend for these high price items going forward for all p1, xm, SS, etc... In the end these loose parts unless the companies goes after them we as collectors will just have to buy full statues and hope for the best.

Last edited:
Plot twist, what if SS doesn't care about the recasts as the recasts and custom heads likely helped them sell through the rest of the ToT statues. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think even if people buy recasts it really has no value without the edition size on the base and the artwork has the exclusive on the box. The main problem would be people buying the exclusive head not knowing which one is the real one.

People on Facebook groups have been paying $500 for the head? What if it’s a recast and they don’t know?

Recasting is just plain wrong. Anyone supporting it shouldn’t be in this hobby period. It’s annoying to see. I don’t have the exclusive piece but I would never go out and buy a recast head just because.

Plot twist, what if SS doesn't care about the recasts as the recasts and custom heads likely helped them sell through the rest of the ToT statues. [emoji33]

Wrong wrong! I think the fact that talented artists are doing custom heads could be the most important factor. People were discussing this way more than Ye possibilities of recasting the exclusive head which is insulting to all that bought the exclusive

Back