Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm lucky I got mine and I wouldn't give it up either.
c42eaa0478ee80e6e39709eb5fcaac07.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Holy crap man. That Exorcist stuff is nuts. When was those released and by which company. Very creepy. Good display also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were customs that I purchased from someone they weren't released from a company.

I showed my wife your Exorcist one and she freaked out lol. That movie is one of the only movies to even freak me.out. the other one was the Exorcism of Emily Rose.

That **** is crazy.

Ok here's the light bleeding pics. Hard to make them out with a picture. And it's only around the thumb.
a38f94385e96b390356b8224ce10454b.jpg
57b361178664a3abb4a439b0b64774db.jpg
1724608cf50e185cc91f95388b0dcb72.jpg
202a5c50a3244da3244baf250e46012e.jpg

There we go that's a good one for looking at it with the stones for perspective. It has light bleeding all around the thumb base that ties into the palm.
25d37848e31430a2bd72c2444dfa2448.jpg

Sorry my desk is a mess just finished rebuilding my PC. RGB lighting is going to kill me.
445aec3e72b02f51591053ad9c9ade73.jpg
ed7f2d387894d7bfc65a80dce4371cb6.jpg
a8c98a3851fe3d322f117c8ba915d305.jpg

Here's a close up of the crack in the chair. After looking at it more it could be a paint issues and not a full crack.
f7ee0606367f5affa63e5ec99d513bd4.jpg

Hmm. On their own I'm guessing a lot of collectors may not even consider some of those as issues at all. Imo most appear to be the usual casting/mold and paint differences. Ones that individually you'll probably find on many pieces given that these are hand painted etc.

That light bleeding is probably annoying, but it's not totally unexpected. On nearly every Sideshow piece that I have with a light feature that wasn't a lightsaber, has some sort of light bleeding. The R2-D2 is a good example.

But everyone has different tolerances for these sorts of things. I know that when I went from Hot Toys to collecting statues I had to lower my standards by quite a bit. I accepted it because the additional presence of such pieces outweighed the downsides.

Mine has the light bleed as well, but not a big issue for me because I can't see it in normal viewing conditions

IMG_0251.jpg

I'm curious if this is normal though - the brushed looked on the gold.

IMG_0255.jpg

All in all you have issues Jimbob29 pictures are probably not doing it justice. For an example I have 6 pieces from XM and not one of them have these kinda issues. So yeah I would try just get the whole thing replaced. Yacobschlomo im not really sure about that paint being like that. I don’t think it should look that way. Only because it looks like paint strokes and to be honest it should be smooth and even

Hmm. On their own I'm guessing a lot of collectors may not even consider some of those as issues at all. Imo most appear to be the usual casting/mold and paint differences. Ones that individually you'll probably find on many pieces given that these are hand painted etc.

That light bleeding is probably annoying, but it's not totally unexpected. On nearly every Sideshow piece that I have with a light feature that wasn't a lightsaber, has some sort of light bleeding. The R2-D2 is a good example.

But everyone has different tolerances for these sorts of things. I know that when I went from Hot Toys to collecting statues I had to lower my standards by quite a bit. I accepted it because the additional presence of such pieces outweighed the downsides.

Yeah, I’m not seeing anything that major to really worry about

The light bleed is visible at 360 degrees.
The paint by the black lines are hidious.

Very well said

All in all you have issues Jimbob29 pictures are probably not doing it justice. For an example I have 6 pieces from XM and not one of them have these kinda issues. So yeah I would try just get the whole thing replaced. Yacobschlomo im not really sure about that paint being like that. I don’t think it should look that way. Only because it looks like paint strokes and to be honest it should be smooth and even

Xm is great, I finally bought my first one (electro) and it’s fantastic. The packaging as a whole is top notch. The instruction booklet and picture included is also a plus.

Yup! A few are are questionable maybe but for the most part those minor blemishes are just whatever.

But hey it's not my money being spent so.

I tend to agree with this sentiment. I've got Prime 1 and XM pieces which have these minor level of imperfection, especially if you're going to take close up pics with a flash.

For example, Jimbob those tiny pit marks on the boots are on nearly every statue to some degree due to the casting and hand painting process. My XM venom has several if I look closely.

I've personally requested an exchange on about 20%-25% of my sideshow purchases due to breakage, chips or blemishes, but all have been significantly worse than anything shown here. To each their own, but if I were to zoom in on every minor imperfection on these statues I think I'd probably just get out of this hobby LOL!!

Back