Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy when it looks this good! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still haven't dropped $1200+ for a PO on any 1/4 scale statue. Just can't bring myself to do it. I thought the $700 price tag on the new DP PF was crazy....I have no words for this.

I'm sure SS is waiting to see if there is a surge in orders for the Regular/Collectors edition after SDCC. I'm trying to wait out a sale, double reward points or something on these. Bad enough I missed out on the EX and the WL shut down, but I don't want to end up kicking myself trying to save $50. I am curious to see if SS's next pieces raise the bar like this one or if they go back to business as usual.

I still haven't dropped $1200+ for a PO on any 1/4 scale statue. Just can't bring myself to do it. I thought the $700 price tag on the new DP PF was crazy....I have no words for this.

That DP piece isn't exactly a Thanos. It looks great but sure isn't on the same level as Thanos. It's why a lot of complaints came about the DP piece the price. This piece is technically better and bigger in every way period. Payment plans makes it easier to swallow.

My thing was I would never buy a statue over $750. When this showed up, that went out the window along with the P1 Batman Noel. Just do it. It is a work of art. I am glad to add it to my collection.

My thing was I would never buy a statue over $750. When this showed up, that went out the window along with the P1 Batman Noel. Just do it. It is a work of art. I am glad to add it to my collection.

P1 Noel Bats is 1/3 scale. I understand that will cause the price to automatically be higher than most 1/4 scale pieces. I bought the P1 AO Deathstroke, so I've spent a G on a statue before. However, $1200 for a 1/4 scale piece...I can't bring myself to do it. I don't care how great any 1/4 statue looks.

That DP piece isn't exactly a Thanos. It looks great but sure isn't on the same level as Thanos. It's why a lot of complaints came about the DP piece the price. This piece is technically better and bigger in every way period. Payment plans makes it easier to swallow.

They are different characters, but the DP PF is practically universally loved. It's an incredible piece in its own right. However, in my book, it doesn't justify a $700 price tag. IMO, it's the same thing with Thanos...sorry, but not enough bang for my bucks. I don't care how great it looks, I can't bring myself to justify dropping over $1200 on the MAQ. I just personally don't think it's worth it. Pricing is getting out of hand for me and it doesn't look like it's going to slow down anytime soon, so it looks like my POs are going to have to slow down instead. I just need a few more 1/4 pieces anyway. I hope they are released before a standard PF costs us a G.

They are different characters, but the DP PF is practically universally loved. It's an incredible piece in its own right. However, in my book, it doesn't justify a $700 price tag. IMO, it's the same thing with Thanos...sorry, but not enough bang for my bucks. I don't care how great it looks, I can't bring myself to justify dropping over $1200 on the MAQ. I just personally don't think it's worth it. Pricing is getting out of hand for me and it doesn't look like it's going to slow down anytime soon, so it looks like my POs are going to have to slow down instead. I just need a few more 1/4 pieces anyway. I hope they are released before a standard PF costs us a G.

I do agree with a lot what your saying. People will pay for a lot of things beyond scale. If the statue looks good and gives you that impression it looks like a lot of work went into creating something like this then it's a no brainer. I've got nothing against people that want that Deadpool piece regardless of cost. To a lot of people price is secondary to quality.

This technically could be a 1/3 piece the fact that his sitting in a big ass Throne justifies the price a bit more to me than Deadpool were it's measured from the base to the tip of the sword. Yeah unfortunately it does put off a lot of buyers from this piece because of the price, but not in the way Deadpool was handled. I believe they are struggling to shift those. It's still available and I believe Thanos will sell out before it. Thanos sold out at Popcultcha they usually don't sell out of anything so quickly I was very surprised about that, and that's just the standard edition.

When you look at a piece like this scale goes out the window. I say the same thing about XM pieces they are that good and they are priced

Waiting for the Maquette ex...

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2487.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

IMG_2482.jpg

That's great to hear! Would be nice to know just how many regular pieces have been sold.

Just curious why would you buy it from popcultcha instead of sideshow directly

Just curious why would you buy it from popcultcha instead of sideshow directly

First up there is no ex anymore. Also its cheaper for me to buy it through popcultcha its $1799aus delivered. To buy it through sideshow i would have to pay $1299us + around $200us postage that's $1500us. Add around 20% duty tax that is around $300 so turns to 1700-1800us. Convert that to Australian and we are talking over comfortably 2000aus. I buy the EX through sideshow and everything else through popcultcha.

First up there is no ex anymore. Also its cheaper for me to buy it through popcultcha its $1799aus delivered. To buy it through sideshow i would have to pay $1299us + around $200us postage that's $1500us. Add around 20% duty tax that is around $300 so turns to 1700-1800us. Convert that to Australian and we are talking over comfortably 2000aus. I buy the EX through sideshow and everything else through popcultcha.

Ah ok. That's crazy amount of money to pay to get a piece. Wow. Thank you for the response

Ah ok. That's crazy amount of money to pay to get a piece. Wow. Thank you for the response

Ye it is but i am just selective with my statues. I ordered the Darkseid from sideshow because i had the chance to get the ex i have to pay a bit more this way but ex is an ex.

My previous post was wrong base price for Thanos is $1200 not $1299 so take off $100 us from my figures.

Wow oz has it rough. U guys are paying quiet a bit for this hobby

Under $1000aud we don't pay import tax we only have to deal with the dollar conversion. So say a $500us premium figure would be $680us delivered so costs us around 900aud delivered. Over 1000aud and we pay import tax which makes it really expensive.

I got Thanos cheap from popcultcha because i used pennies and got 10% off so the $1799aud turned into $1600aud delivered.

Back