Sideshow: "Surprise Imports" ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
apparently Medicom it is, no purchase here, definately staying with the much, much better and more realistic looking Sideshow version
20080322d36146ae8675715nk6.jpg
20080322a651bce4aefde1fry3.jpg

Yeah, looks like the rumors were correct. Medicom instead of Hot Toys. Damn shame.

Because these will be priced at a ridiculous $150 and look toyish...

PassLogo.jpg

Actually I think those pictures look pretty good. Aside from the Sideshow Indy, they're easily the best Indy figures that I've ever seen. I have no intention of buying them, though.

My fear is the paint on the Henry Jones Sr. It looks pretty good but in that photo you can already see the skin tone looks TOO flat.

After SS announced and released photos of their IJ, why would any other company even try to compete? 50% higher cost for less quality :confused:

After SS announced and released photos of their IJ, why would any other company even try to compete? 50% higher cost for less quality :confused:

Medicom caters more to it's domestic market than over here, and I imagine Medicom IJ figures will do well overseas and get mixed feelings abroad.

They have their market over there and will sell some to them. I'll get Jones Sr for sure as it looks really nice, but that Indy just look awful though some of the Medi-World folks are busting a nut at how much better this Indy is than SS. :rotfl

Actually I think those pictures look pretty good. Aside from the Sideshow Indy, they're easily the best Indy figures that I've ever seen. I have no intention of buying them, though.

Thats the truth, if these came out a couple years ago I'd have been all over them. But, with Sideshow already blowing my mind they're an easy pass.

Also, I love Indy, but not enough to want to add this version.

I have to agree the old Toys McCoy figure had a better likeness to Ford than this, it looks more like Richard Dean Anderson to me. I'll stick with Sideshow, even if I have to repaint it'll still be the best out there unless maybe Hot Toys pops out of the woodwork with one

I think the Medicom still looks better (including the likeness) than the McCoy... but still overall not as good as SSC.

They have their market over there and will sell some to them. I'll get Jones Sr for sure as it looks really nice, but that Indy just look awful though some of the Medi-World folks are busting a nut at how much better this Indy is than SS. :rotfl

Who exactly is "busting a nut"? :rolleyes: Get a clue man! :lol The Medi head sculpt is better but that's about it.

Who exactly is "busting a nut"? :rolleyes: Get a clue man! :lol The Medi head sculpt is better but that's about it.

Pretty much most of you Medifolks. :) I believe the only one who needs to get a clue are any of you Medifolks who think their sculpt is better. It just flat out isn't even close to be better. The extra goodies are the only thing you could even remotely say is better. The rest is finishing a distant second.

I'd go with the SS version myself, I don't think you can get much closer to 1981 Harrison Ford without digital scanning and a time machine.

021408_indy_01.jpg

363.jpg

When you compare the sculpts painted or not to shots of Ford in Raiders it really is quite clear which sculpt is better. Now, if some want to go on their merry way feeling the opposite then hats fine but.............

Well that was fun, the other thread got locked while I was posting this...

One thing that I'm super excited about is Indy will be the first Prometheus figure... if he was on the Buck getting him would be bitter sweet. But with a new body, fantastic sculpt and tightening QC I think he will be very hard to beat.

Medicom (almost) always makes excellent figures, but their likenesses are usually a bit soft or stylized. I think both heads so far look very good, but at least to me Jones Sr looks like a cartoon and not a real person. Not enough texture and wrinkles to his face, and the simplified paint doesn't help.

drjonescopy.jpg

Yep, I guess the pointless debate Medi vs. SS took over again...
The best thing about having different versions from different companies is that we get to pick the one we prefer, so it's better for the customer...and I for oone, am happy with that! :chew

Ya know the more I think about it the more I hope SS goes cloth hat route on Jones Sr.

Thats a tough one... I think if done right it could be awesome, but even when we have the two options (like Praji) the plastic usually works better in this scale.

I think the problem with Medicom's is they treat the hat like they treat belts... plastic w/ soft detail.

Thats a tough one... I think if done right it could be awesome, but even when we have the two options (like Praji) the plastic usually works better in this scale.

I think the problem with Medicom's is they treat the hat like they treat belts... plastic w/ soft detail.

Right it would have to come out looking great to work. Praji's plastic hat does look better but I'm hoping this hat might be simplier.

Back