Sideshow: "Surprise Imports" ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want a company to do the boulder from Raiders of the Lost Ark... :monkey1

AND THE LIKENESS BETTER BE SPOT ON!!!!!!! :monkey1 :monkey4

I've said before that the price increase brings Sideshow in closer competition with Hot Toys, but I would be very surprised if a Hot Toys Indy was less than $130, and it might even be $150.

Even if it was around 130, you could probably find it for a little cheaper if you look around. Even then, it won't be THAT much more expensive than the Sideshow fig, depending on the quality and accessories.

Say 100 bucks for a SS Indy and 140 for a Hot Toys one. Wait a second, 40 bucks is still 40 more bucks. Still I love the Indy character so much, that I'm just gonna have to choose the best one.

Even if it was around 130, you could probably find it for a little cheaper if you look around. Even then, it won't be THAT much more expensive than the Sideshow fig, depending on the quality and accessories.

Say 100 bucks for a SS Indy and 140 for a Hot Toys one. Wait a second, 40 bucks is still 40 more bucks. Still I love the Indy character so much, that I'm just gonna have to choose the best one.

I agree. For a character like Indy, if Hot Toys manages to one-up Sideshow, I'd definitely pay the extra money. I'm not buying more than one version of him, though.

i think i'll stick w/ the SSC one. its pretty rich for my blood and i think it looks incredible, i don't know how HT can 1up it.

Yeah, except for maybe the jacket, I don't really see anything that can be one-upped. That's assuming Sideshow Indy survives the factory.

Honestly, unless the a different version was just mind-blowing I'll be happy with the Sideshow version. I really can't think of any way it could be improved upon especially for the price and that we're getting him on the new body.

I'll hold my judgments until something official is announced, but for now I'm not that interested.

This is good news for diehard INDY fans like myself, because more 12" on the market means that the ultimate Indy figures can be parted and bashed together. :monkey5

One thing is for certain, the reign of Toys McCoy is indeed over.

This is good news for diehard INDY fans like myself, because more 12" on the market means that the ultimate Indy figures can be parted and bashed together. :monkey5

Hells yea. I thought the SS Indy was a steal compared to this one. Better stuff too. :D

I actually know what it is, but i'm not allowed to say... :D:monkey5

Good point, for the crazies who buy 3 SSC Indy's this would be a good thing :lol

Please be Hot Toys... Please be Hot Toys... Please be Hot Toys... Please be Hot Toys... Please be Hot Toys... :monkey3
Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...

:rock
As much as I love the SS Indy and am ecstatic that they're making him, I'd still easily pay $150 for an HT Indy loaded with accessories. They are just too on top of the 1:6 game NOT to produce a stellar Indy.

All these companies making the same items does indeed offer competition and benefits the consumer looking for something within that license, but every item that a company takes on means there is one less item they could be producing of something else.

I'd rather see one company, I don't care who, do Indy and the other do something like Ghostbusters or Firefly or Tron or classic films like Robin Hood, etc.

If Hot Toys made an Indy you'd be paying an extra $40 for what? That is the unknown quantity. The Prometheus body was a joint effort by Sideshow and Hot Toys, so the body would probably be the same. The new pics of the Indy prototype look like they have changed the paint, so that would probably be on par as well. Trev's sculpt is on, so I don't see how Yulli could do anything but match it. I really don't think I'd bother with a Hot Toys Indy. Sideshows is looking good now they fixed the paint. Enterbay's would be cool, but they say they aren't going to be doing it.

It's all guess work and high hopes, and what could 'imports' really mean, after all, Sideshow product is all imports from China, same as anyone else's.

If Hot Toys made an Indy you'd be paying an extra $40 for what? That is the unknown quantity. The Prometheus body was a joint effort by Sideshow and Hot Toys, so the body would probably be the same. The new pics of the Indy prototype look like they have changed the paint, so that would probably be on par as well. Trev's sculpt is on, so I don't see how Yulli could do anything but match it. I really don't think I'd bother with a Hot Toys Indy. Sideshows is looking good now they fixed the paint. Enterbay's would be cool, but they say they aren't going to be doing it.

It's all guess work and high hopes, and what could 'imports' really mean, after all, Sideshow product is all imports from China, same as anyone else's.

The Armored Body and Child Body were a joint Hot Toys/Sideshow venture. The Prometheus is ALL Sideshow who claims they got some tips from Hot Toys and inspiration from other body styles (namely the VOLKS Neo-Guy)... I believe they mentioned this in the production blog or the chatroom session regarding it. Regardless, i clearly remember Sideshow claiming that Prometheus is all them.

Sideshow fixed their paint? I wish that was put on the newsletter as the top story. :monkey1 Sideshow has the biggest difference between prototype and production and thus far I have not seen any proof that Sideshow has "improved the paint" of their production models. I don't really know where you're getting that from.

I think the reason Hot Toys gets the advantage is paint applications is because they mold their heads in the proper flesh tone and apply what is necessary to bring out the sculpt. Early on they painted the WHOLE head and you'd get "Sideshow-like" paint jobs...I think they've backed off of that and either they do as I said and mold the heads in the proper color or apply such a thin layer that the sculpt really stands out beneath it.

Sideshow I believe does mold the head in flesh color, but they lay the paint on THICK for the skin tones and that really brings down the look of the sculpt beneath it. Perhaps they can learn some tips from Hot Toys.

Sideshow fixed their paint? I don't really know where you're getting that from.

Perhaps they can learn some tips from Hot Toys.

I got it by looking at the recent Indy pics on Sideshows site. They aren't the swarthy ones they used when Indy was first announced. Now they actually look like Ford.

JC Hong just visited Sideshow and gave them some tips.

Sideshow fixed their paint? I wish that was put on the newsletter as the top story. :monkey1 Sideshow has the biggest difference between prototype and production and thus far I have not seen any proof that Sideshow has "improved the paint" of their production models. I don't really know where you're getting that from.

Have you missed the last several SW figures? You must have to make this statement.

i think SS indy is good enough for me. looks great and 2 heads. plus new body and great accessories. if hot toys has more weathering maybe ill check it out but im not giving up the SS version.

Back