Sideshow: "Surprise Imports" ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed out on Sideshow's Indy, so I'd definitely be interested.

You haven't missed out on anything. First of all, you can still get on the waitlist for the exclusive, and I would still expect you to have a pretty good chance of getting it converted. Secondly, it's not like the exclusive items are that great, so why not just get the figure from another store and save some money?

I for one would like a Hot Toys Indy but really doubt that's in the future seeing how Sideshow worked with Hot Toys to create the new figure body, I'm sure they knew what the first figures they'd release it on would be, probably part of the reason the Indy preview has taken so long. I'm thinking it'll be more along the lines of the Kotobukiya statues.

You haven't missed out on anything. First of all, you can still get on the waitlist for the exclusive, and I would still expect you to have a pretty good chance of getting it converted. Secondly, it's not like the exclusive items are that great, so why not just get the figure from another store and save some money?

Yeah, I put myself on the waitlist later that day. But if there are only 1500 to go around...

I want to buy a regular, but the cheapest I have found is $81.99. $8 price differential isn't very attractive.

Looks like we should expect 12" INDY figures from either Hot Toys or Medicom!

Here's what SideshowTom had to say in the new Tomart's:

Definitely! We'll be doing other versions from the other movies and other costumes that he wears. And you'll see other 12" Indiana Jones figures, not from Sideshow or Hasbro, on the Sideshow website, although I can't say from whom just yet. Fans of Indiana Jones and 1:6 scale will have plenty of opportunity to get their hands on the perfect Indiana Jones for their collection.

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

It's kind of strange that they would have competing versions of the same figure. They've done it before with something like Darth Maul, of course, but those releases were spaced very far apart.

Interesting. Its not to say I won't get them but since I do venture outside of SS for SW I may not be able to do that with Indy since I want to collect LOTR too.

Shoot! An SS Indy AND an HT Indy. How sad... :)

Kidding. I'll take 'em both. I'll be very curious to see who does a better job.

I wish HT and SS would get in sync and not repeat the same character but fill out the line with as many different characters as possible.

I still hope Trev will do TOHT!

Please be Hot Toys... Please be Hot Toys... Please be Hot Toys... Please be Hot Toys... Please be Hot Toys... :monkey3

Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...Please dont be Medicom...

Oh man...if BOTH Hot Toys and Medicom do an Indy then we'll have the whole "Takara Batman vs. Medicom Batman vs. Hot Toys Batman" all over again.

Which benefits us collectors in the end!

C'mon HOT TOYS!!! Give us an Indy!

Honestly, this is no Medicom-bashing... but I really could not see them doing an Indy figure as good as either Sideshow or Hot Toys. It's just not at all something that is in their "wheel-house".

Hot Toys makes much more sense. Hoping it's them.

Honestly, this is no Medicom-bashing... but I really could not see them doing an Indy figure as good as either Sideshow or Hot Toys. It's just not at all something that is in their "wheel-house".

I don't disagree with that one bit. Medicom hasn't ventured far from their "look"...while Hot Toys is always taking it to the next level and Sideshow is stepping up their game with Prometheus and new licenses like Indy.

Hot Toys has some competition with Sideshow's Prometheus body.

However, it might come down to the in-hand, final production models and paint apps.

A year or two ago, the SS Indy would be a no brainer over the others since it would probably cost under 50 bucks as opposed to HT's 100. But since SS's Indy is almost 100 bucks already, and I can't imagine HT's being THAT much more expensive, I'll simply have to go with the best one.

A year or two ago, the SS Indy would be a no brainer over the others since it would probably cost under 50 bucks as opposed to HT's 100. But since SS's Indy is almost 100 bucks already, and I can't imagine HT's being THAT much more expensive, I'll simply have to go with the best one.

I've said before that the price increase brings Sideshow in closer competition with Hot Toys, but I would be very surprised if a Hot Toys Indy was less than $130, and it might even be $150.

Back