Sideshow: "Surprise Imports" ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing that I can see Hot Toys doing better than Sideshow beyond a shadow of a doubt is in the costume. Sideshow's Indy looks AMAZING right now, and as far as accessories and sculpt go I don't think Hot Toys can improve on it to much.

The costume how ever would be 10 times better. HT costumes are near perfection. Sideshow's however often lack in quality.

I would like Hot Toys to release an Indy just for the sake of competition.

Have you missed the last several SW figures? You must have to make this statement.

Of course I have! :rock I don't collect them!

But I've seen the old Ben and Bespin Luke in person and they look great.

I WANT Sideshow to knock this one out of the park. I really hope they do. But 2-3 winners in a row doesn't mean their in the clear just yet...especially after Padme's eyes.... :monkey4

Please make sure Indy is looking straight ahead, Sideshow!

I have a feeling QC will be especially tight on the Indy figure. A lot is riding on him, first new body, first Indy figure and one of the first at the $90 price point.

Of course I have! :rock I don't collect them!

But I've seen the old Ben and Bespin Luke in person and they look great.

I WANT Sideshow to knock this one out of the park. I really hope they do. But 2-3 winners in a row doesn't mean their in the clear just yet...especially after Padme's eyes.... :monkey4

Please make sure Indy is looking straight ahead, Sideshow!

That's how I feel. SSC have shown a definite improvement recently,enough to make me rethink my position on them somewhat but they still have a long,long way to go before they reach the same level of consistency as Hot Toys. If the SSC Indy turns out good then so much the better but with their track record for production pieces not living up to the proto I'm going to wait until in hand pics are online before deciding whether to buy.

I really don't see HT doing the exact same thing SSC is doing. Medicom, maybe, but they had the SW license before SSC - Indy is fresh and new for everyone, so I can't imagine they'd cross over.

The surprise imports are most likely VCD and that kind of thing. Maybe some Indy Chubbees or something.

Although you still have to contend with what was in the Tomart article. Unless they mean a 12" tall VCD or some other crap I'd be thinking 1/6.

Definitely! We'll be doing other versions from the other movies and other costumes that he wears. And you'll see other 12" Indiana Jones figures, not from Sideshow or Hasbro, on the Sideshow website, although I can't say from whom just yet. Fans of Indiana Jones and 1:6 scale will have plenty of opportunity to get their hands on the perfect Indiana Jones for their collection.

hurm. I may preorder if these things ship after my SSC Indy. If SSC follows through on Indy and makes him look as good as he does now, then I have no need for anyone elses version.

On the other hand it would be silly not to have a backup. :monkey3

I just heard that the other Indy 12" may be coming from Medicom and not Hot Toys.

God, PLEASE don't let this be true!! :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Note: This is just unconfirmed rumor at this point and could very well be incorrect (and that's what I'm hoping). I'm sure we'll find out for sure one way or the other soon. I can honestly say I would have just about zero interest in an Indiana Jones figure from Medicom. My guess is it would be undersized, without an accurate Ford headsculpt and come with laughable accessories in comparison... for $149. :rolleyes: But again, it may not happen... everyone cross your fingers!!!

The thing that worries me the most about this rumor is that Medicom has the "Star Wars" license and it's so obvious that Lucasfilm has been keen to keep the same licensees with SW and Indy. :monkey2

Well and if you take Sunrise Imports to mean "land of the rising sun", that would exclude HT since they are Hong Kong based.

I have to agree, a Medicom version of Indy would not be a good fit IMO.

I'm actually hoping Medicom IS making the figure and NOT Hot Toys. It will make my descision to buy the Sideshow version ALOT easier.

yahoo. A medicom Indy would leave me conflict free. bring on the SSC version!!!!:chew

Back