1/6 Sideshow Superman Sixth Scale Figure 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3F3A771A-B667-45E3-B873-40076A012CD5.jpg3F3A771A-B667-45E3-B873-40076A012CD5.jpg2AC8B6FD-E54A-400F-8773-8414177475E9.jpg

How do you justify manufacturing a Superman figure that can?t look up?

The sculpt, suit, and cape all look excellent. The one area of concern is definitely that neck. That ugly joint will need to be carefuly obscured by the viewing angle.

Still, I'm really excited to put this next to Batman. Other than the neck, it looks awesome. I hope they continue to flesh put this line. I need a GL. Also, a Bane.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

It’s always a nice touch. My Brother commissioned a custom 12” high Kandor for himself a while back. Nothing like a nice replica of Kandor on your desk at work. Of course, he also has a full scale Cavill suit on a mannequin in the corner...

That 12” version would be cool to have. For this release the city and the suit and cape are the highlights. It will probably be a chore to try and find Candor loose to buy.

I love the figure overall but yeah that neck seam is ugly!! Need to see it in hand to work out how best to hide it and display him, hopefully he ships soon.

The blue is a little darker than I was expecting assuming the colours are reflected accurately in the video.

One reason I?m so into this figure is he likeness really reminds be of Morrison/Quietly?s All-Star Superman.

Either the guy is bad at posing or the articulation for this figure sucks. Can't make a flight pose, looks stiff as all get out.
It's the same body as seen on Batman, Magneto and other recent figures, so it should pose fine, for the most part--except for the head, which evidently has zero tilt. It's not the most articulated body on the market, but I've had no problems.

I personally find these guys to be pretty bad. I wish Terry did this videos--he knows his **** and can actually do a worthwhile demo of a figure.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

So it might by Guy? They asked him to do like 4 poses and he couldn't do any of them. He did the fists on the hips and even that looked bad.
If you're concerned, look at reviews for the recent Sideshow Batman and Magneto figures. They have the same body; they should give you an idea of what can be achieved. There are plenty of in hand photos of Magneto in his threat here.

The neck is clearly more restricted, though. Magneto and Batman have double jointed necks and this one clearly doesn't.

I don't know what the solution would be for the neck for flying poses. A neck joint half way down with one normal headsculpt and another with a rounded/bent/angled neck for flight pose?

Planning on putting this on a Phicen body to make him a little beefier than Batman and that should make the neck far more flexible.

I don't know what the solution would be for the neck for flying poses. A neck joint half way down with one normal headsculpt and another with a rounded/bent/angled neck for flight pose?

Planning on putting this on a Phicen body to make him a little beefier than Batman and that should make the neck far more flexible.

I thought of a body swap right away; although that wide opening in the head sculpt could pose a challenge.

The solution as you say, lies in creating a considerably more flexible neck. Well within the capability of modern 1/6 manufacturing. But HT doesn?t do anything like it consistently so I guess it?s almost a given that SSC wouldn?t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back