Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another Close Up Shot
IMG_1672.jpg
IMG_1671.jpg

I paid up about 5 minutes after getting that email... I am impatient and am itching to get this guy. I will absolutely agree that this is the best MoS statue out there -- Alejandro did a supreme job sculpting this. He has mentioned that all the detail he put into the digital sculpt is apparent on the final piece. So I will go ahead and suggest that we're in for a big surprise when we get him in hand.

Looks like I get Supes Thursday... Can't wait... The shipping info says the box weighs 29 lbs so it's a fairly heavy statue...

Looks like I get Supes Thursday... Can't wait... The shipping info says the box weighs 29 lbs so it's a fairly heavy statue...

Brilliant! I'm supposed to see him on Friday, provided no border delays, so loook forward to your impressions. Please post pics! I'll do an unboxing video when mine arrives.

Nice repaint but the sculpt still doesn't feel like Cavill to me (which bums me out because I think this statue would be awesome with a better head sculpt).

Nice repaint but the sculpt still doesn't feel like Cavill to me (which bums me out because I think this statue would be awesome with a better head sculpt).

Maybe not the greatest likeness to Cavill, but it looks like the proto (which to me is kind of a mix between Cavill and an idealized Supes) which worked for me...

G6M4Mt.jpg

Congrats! If you like it, that is all that matters. Individual tastes on statues is what this hobby is all about. I love the Thor Dark World statue from Sideshow that I know, from reading these boards, is not universally loved by others.

There are a few of these statues on eBay for $217 shipped.

Should I get this guy or what? Any potential issues to look for like that leaning issue?

Should I get this guy or what? Any potential issues to look for like that leaning issue?

The statue is PVC so it's not heavy at all, so I wouldn't expect it to have leaning issues.... There's also the possibility that SS makes another MOS statue soon from the BvS movie which might have a better likeness to the actor then the first one they made... but it's only a guess...

I've been thinking about the same thing and I'd do it IF someone made a better head sculpt (custom anyone?). Otherwise, I'll wait.

The statue is PVC so it's not heavy at all, so I wouldn't expect it to have leaning issues.... There's also the possibility that SS makes another MOS statue soon from the BvS movie which might have a better likeness to the actor then the first one they made... but it's only a guess...

I was under the impression that Alex confirmed the trinity. Can anybody else corroborate that?

I would hope, if it's true, that they do a full sculpt body and mixed media cape (like the two Batman PF's from BvS). And a dynamic pose. Fingers crossed.

Even if they did release another superman statue, it would be way overpriced - judging from the trend SS seems to be on lately of upping their prices.

I just bought this statue. For $218, you can't really go wrong and it sure as hell beats paying $450+ for a new (if it ever gets released) Henry Cavill superman statue.

I took the plunge because I have the Armored BatMan PF on pre-order so I want to set them up together. It's actually not that bad in hand-it's super light and the face sculpt could be a little better, but the costume is great as well as the base. I was waiting to see if a BvS version was going to be announced, but I can live with this one for what will probably be less than half the price. Also, I got it for $200 shipped brand new from one of the sellers-just send a message through ebay-it appears Sideshow is blowing remaining stock out to wholesale accounts. I'm really waiting for Gal as WW to be announced in PF. If it's not from BvS, I'm hoping for one from her solo movie.

Back