Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
isn't that an upscaled Hot Toys sculpt?

^I think it's for a custom statue

It's a head sculpt from Frank Tzeng for a Resinworx Man of Steel statue. There is also an enraged portrait with light up features,..

I get that it's a sculpt for a custom statue but it looks eerily close to the HT sculpt. Aside from the extremely close resemblance, looking at the hair detail or lack there of, makes me think it's an upscaled HT head

Yeah, I remember when that statue was first posted, the sculpt looks different.
Then, he posted a final version, and now it looks way too much like an upscaled Hot Toys.

Kinda not buying that its an original sculpt.
I get that it can look similar cause its the same person.
But compare Hot Toys MOS, Sideshow MOS PF, Modern Life MOS v1 and v2, DC MOS statues, etc...and you can see differences between these sculpts.
But looking at that, it looks EXACTLY like the Hot Toys MOS.

Keeping this thread kicking...

Just messing around with a new seamless background, and two-point lighting setup. Clearly, the shine to his skin tone create some challenges to making a decent photo, but nevertheless, I'm pleased with how its working out.

_DSC1992 (1).jpg

Keeping this thread kicking...

Just messing around with a new seamless background, and two-point lighting setup. Clearly, the shine to his skin tone create some challenges to making a decent photo, but nevertheless, I'm pleased with how its working out.
Great job!!! :goodpost:

Didn't know where else to post this, but here's a video of the custom 1/4 Man of Steel I found online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jS3EhpnFno

Also, I finally got an email from resinworx about this piece, saying that it'll be ready in 2 weeks. Anyone else get any word on this custom? Has anyone else actually received it?

Same invoice received over the weekend. I know there are a few fellow collectors on this forum who are also getting this guy, but as far as I know (as heard from the guys producing this), only the sculptor has received his. He was very pleased.

Didn't know where else to post this, but here's a video of the custom 1/4 Man of Steel I found online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jS3EhpnFno

Also, I finally got an email from resinworx about this piece, saying that it'll be ready in 2 weeks. Anyone else get any word on this custom? Has anyone else actually received it?

I got the invoice for it, the $300 shipping was a bit brutal....

Glad I'm not the only one! And yeah, that shipping price was quite the shocker for me as well. Gotta say, I'm a little hesitant to be the first guy to pay up.

Glad I'm not the only one! And yeah, that shipping price was quite the shocker for me as well. Gotta say, I'm a little hesitant to be the first guy to pay up.

I'm not to worried, I already paid in full..... I will say based on the video this is the best looking and most accurate Man of Steel statue I have seen so far.

Last edited:
I'm not to worried, I already paid in full..... I will say based on the video this is the best looking and most accurate Man of Steel statue I have seen so far. Sideshow should hire ResinWorx to do all their movie statues...

I paid up about 5 minutes after getting that email... I am impatient and am itching to get this guy. I will absolutely agree that this is the best MoS statue out there -- Alejandro did a supreme job sculpting this. He has mentioned that all the detail he put into the digital sculpt is apparent on the final piece. So I will go ahead and suggest that we're in for a big surprise when we get him in hand.

Back