Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was under the impression that Alex confirmed the trinity. Can anybody else corroborate that?

I would hope, if it's true, that they do a full sculpt body and mixed media cape (like the two Batman PF's from BvS). And a dynamic pose. Fingers crossed.

In the BvS Batman PF thread someone recently said he talked to Alex on another forum and she said that there are no plans for another Henry Cavill Superman, which probably has to do with how bad the first one sold (thats not her saying it, just me guessing). So, IF someone likes Cavill and wants him in quarter scale, I feel this PF is the only not custom option for a while. Maybe they will do one after JL is out tho.

The MOS PF didn't come out that great likeness wise and plus the whole PVC issue.... So SS only has itself to blame for that.... IMO, The best Cavill MOS statue is the ResinWorx one, last I checked they still had a few for sale on their website.

yup...it funny how good the neutral sculpt looks b/c it's an enlarged HT head but then how bad the original angry heat vision sculpt looks

While I will agree that the likeness on the enraged head is slightly "off", there is no way I would suggest that it is bad. It is exceptionally well executed.

_DSC2097.jpg_DSC2100.jpg

LOL, because it looks more like the actor it's a HT ripoff? Didn't realize HT has exclusivity on good likenesses :)

It's not a ripoff because it looks closer to Cavill, it's a ripoff because it the same sculpt.

SupesFace.jpg

It's not a ripoff because it looks closer to Cavill, it's a ripoff because it the same sculpt.

View attachment 307670

Looking at those pictures (minus the bad lighting) The ResinWorx one is more accurate, the HT one looks a bit chubby in the cheeks... Hardly a rip-off as Cavill used that expression a lot in the movie... I find it funny that a statue company finally does a better sculpt then Hot Toys and Hot Toy collectors say it's a rip-off.... :lol

Looking at those pictures (minus the bad lighting) The ResinWorx one is more accurate, the HT one looks a bit chubby in the cheeks... Hardly a rip-off as Cavill used that expression a lot in the movie... I find it funny that a statue company finally does a better sculpt then Hot Toys and Hot Toy collectors say it's a rip-off.... :lol

I think you're missing the point.
Hot Toys MOS, Hot Toys BvS superman, Modernlife Henry MOS, ModernLife Henry BvS (the $300 sculpt), Sideshow PF, DC collectibles MOS, Prime1 BvS Superman, etc.
Sure the sculpt is based off the same person but you could always tell the different sculpts based off the company.

Resinworx looks almost exactly like HT MOS.
Also, that comparison pic above also was not a flattering pic of the HT version.
Here's my repainted MOS, doesnt look chubby in the cheeks to me.

379 -> 300 -> 217 -> 59!!!
Still don't wanna wast my precious 60 bucks on this. I will wait for another Cavill PF if any.

Oh, 60 off, my bad....

I love my MoS PF and it looks awesome displayed, but in no way is it worth $300+. As good as the likeness is, as awesome as the suit and pose are, and for all the other positives, it's extremely difficult to overlook how lightweight it feels due to being a PVC figure. I paid $150 for it which is a fair price for a PVC figure on a polystone base.

Back