Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think there's any question

zfodaT.jpg

And as soon as I make the comment about not much doubt, I notice that on my PC screen the eyes look blue in that pic, but on the iPad there does seem to be a hint of green. But at any rate Superman has blue eyes. End of Story.

Found this statue at a comic shop in San Francisco for $265 brand new, they had 2 left.... At that price I don't mind it being PVC....

Those look great, SD! Here's my latest (it looks a lot like the rest, :lol):

34bimage.jpg

First off.. this shot is awesome! Nice job... I have to admit if the actual statue looked like this without great light/shadow.. it would be an instant purchase..:) It does have some great points, but the head sculpt and mainly the skin texture really turns me off.. but as a whole it's not too bad.. but for the right price Id get him and maybe do a new head sculpt and I'd make the base a bit higher.. but in your shot he looks amazing!

First off.. this shot is awesome! Nice job... I have to admit if the actual statue looked like this without great light/shadow.. it would be an instant purchase..:) It does have some great points, but the head sculpt and mainly the skin texture really turns me off.. but as a whole it's not too bad.. but for the right price Id get him and maybe do a new head sculpt and I'd make the base a bit higher.. but in your shot he looks amazing!

Hey, thanks, Attom!

This piece is certainly elusive in terms of getting that "right" prototype look out of him in photos. I've seen SO many that are quite honestly atrocious. And you are absolutely correct. It takes just the right mixture of light and shadow to bring out Trevor's sculpt - but it IS in there!

I'll be the first to admit that I totally understand the argument that @ $400 for the piece, you shouldn't have to work to get it to look "right". That said, though, its really not hard to achieve at all. A Besta with some movable LEDs is all that is required to get him to look like the shot above...I promise!

Here are a few more of my very favorite shots of this piece (just to bore the pants off of folks who have seen them all before). Note the last one is not mine, but from a fellow collector who also "gets it":

m07kK3.jpg
dd5image.jpg
DSC01166.jpg

Just got this in the mail today, only paid $265 for it so my expectations were not really high... First thing I noticed was how rubbery his body was you can actually move his legs.... Up close the portrait is not that great, but from a viewing distance it looks pretty good... The cape is a nightmare to try and pose, already had one black wire stick through the cape, I was able to push it back in and it didn't leave any noticeable hole... The suit is really nicely done...

At $265 it's a decent statue, but at $380 it's way overpriced for what they give you... IMO :) I'd give it a 6/10

Are these stock photos or customs (with regards to the head)?

Every photo I've ever taken of this figure has been of my own personal piece which is bone stock, right out of the box, including all of the pics above. No photo manipulation either (except maybe a little brightness/contrast). The gainy look is due to the fact that these are all camera phone photos shot from about two feet or so, and then cropped for close-ups. The only difference between my shots and some of the flat cadaver-looking pics you've likely seen all over the web(and now also on the Sideshow web page, unfortunately) is a little extra attention to the lighting...

I ended up making my MOS PF a gift to my nephew, he loves it.... Being it's all plastic I don't have to worry about him breaking it...

Generous uncle

He's always drooling over my collection (he's 15), I've bought him most of the Koto Star Wars Artfx+ statues to start his own collection but this will be his first 1/4 scale statue... He was pretty stoked about it...

Back