Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow this is very light. when i first pulled him out of the box i was a bit disappointed because it was very light and plastic feeling. when i set him in the base i actually had to pull his legs apart to fit him in the peg holes. but once i got him set up and took a step back i was very happy with my purchase.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Found these pics in facebook!! Ahh btw wheres my prize! Lol

I really don't think the argument holds. Based on the pic attached below, I'd say this is a success story for proto to production. Are there annoyances? No question. But are they more in number or severity compared to other examples? I really don't think so.

56image.jpg

It might be a fair suggestion, however, to approach Sideshow with the idea that maybe instead of producing a proto with paint apps that are clearly going to be untouchable at the factory, perhaps produce a paint master that is more realistic in terms of what will be delivered. After hundreds of PFs released by the company to date, surely they have a decent idea of what to expect...

Suits don't look the same as all the trim was done with the same color as the main suit so it just blends in making the suit look very simple and plain looking.... It's not the worst statue SS has ever done, but I do think there's a bit of bait and switch even with their small print on the web site saying it can look different.

I think they should just create the cast of the statue here and then ship it to their factory in China and have them paint the prototype and then take pictures of that, at least then you would know exactly what your getting for your money.

Suits don't look the same as all the trim was done with the same color as the main suit so it just blends in making the suit look very simple and plain looking.... It's not the worst statue SS has ever done, but I do think there's a bit of bait and switch even with their small print on the web site saying it can look different.

The suit is different...it's much more screen accurate than the original proto shown at SDCC (aside from the high belt). Even after SDCC, SS changed the gallery on the website (and possibly sent out an email?) with pics of the more accurate updated suit.

Man , I hope someone can confirm if the suit can be futzed for the belt to go lower.
I know it may seem petty, but it may be a make it or break it for me.
I put this on flex at the last minute so I haven't been charged for first payment yet.

Reason I'm being too picky cause I am strictly sticking to two 1/4 figures...EB batman, and I was gonna replace my Pf cap TFA with this.
I collect mainly 1/6 figures.
That was a hard decision cause I do love the cap Pf. So for me to replace it, I have to absolutely love the figure.
Also, I already have a modified ht mos superman that I love.

So I was hoping I was getting the one on the left, I can live with the paintjob not up to par with the proto, but
The pic on the right has the propotions really bugging me with the belt riding high.

Look at the proto's belt level on the left pic, it's under the 4th row of abs.
The one on the right is on the 3rd row.

56image.jpg

Hold tight, guys. So far we have only two in-hand examples that have been shared publicly that we're basing opinions on. Hang in there. Too many photo variables on an extremely small sample size to be making final judgments on (at least IMHO).

Back