Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mostly what's stopping me from ordering with ssc is that deposit. It's not that we will back out, it's that we need every single cent in our account for our home loan. $35 doesn't look like much, but trust me, every bit counts.

I know exactly what you mean. More recently than before I've been in this position where a new purchase has to be considered from all sides before making the decision. Thankfully I've been saving just for these MoS pieces and not biting on other releases

I know exactly what you mean. More recently than before I've been in this position where a new purchase has to be considered from all sides before making the decision. Thankfully I've been saving just for these MoS pieces and not biting on other releases

Yeah I'm going to be in this situation for awhile. A few months ago I could PO mostly what I want but now I've quit my job & moving that's not going to be happening for awhile now

Yeah I'm going to be in this situation for awhile. A few months ago I could PO mostly what I want but now I've quit my job & moving that's not going to be happening for awhile now

Sorry to hear that but I hope all goes well with the move :duff

I was layed off late last year and have been out of work until recently so penny pinching was a must. The PF and the HT figure have been my first POs in about 6months :thud:

Yeah the 1/4 scale statues give more presence than little 12 inch action figures, you feel like you are walking into an art museum. Unlike most people here I think the pose is good enough for this PF but I am not sure if the head sculpt is as good as Hot Toys one. Nevertheless, I like how the body is more slim and thus,more accurate compared to the Hot Toys one. So overall I think this PF is the better one out of the two but I still like Hot Toys head sculpt from what I have seen so far.

IDK I will probably buy both. :lol

I also don't mind the pose. I just think the pics for this piece are not the most flattering. I think when it's actually set up on a shelf, pedestal, display case, etc... it will look really good and have great presence.

As for the head sculpt, I think it's better than the Hot Toys one, but the Hot Toys one has better paint (as is usually the case with Hot Toys figures).

The paint apps on Sideshow statues are really the only thing that put me off getting into PF's, but it seems like Sideshow is getting better at it, so if they can pull off a decent, realistic paint job for this figure then I'd be all over it, as I think it's a better display piece overall compared to the Hot Toys figure. As you said, 1/4 scale gives more presence than little 12 inch action figures. No matter how nicely I set up my display of 1/6 scale figures, they still have a bit of a toyish presence.

I also don't mind the pose. I just think the pics for this piece are not the most flattering. I think when it's actually set up on a shelf, pedestal, display case, etc... it will look really good and have great presence.

As for the head sculpt, I think it's better than the Hot Toys one, but the Hot Toys one has better paint (as is usually the case with Hot Toys figures).

The paint apps on Sideshow statues are really the only thing that put me off getting into PF's, but it seems like Sideshow is getting better at it, so if they can pull off a decent, realistic paint job for this figure then I'd be all over it, as I think it's a better display piece overall compared to the Hot Toys figure. As you said, 1/4 scale gives more presence than little 12 inch action figures. No matter how nicely I set up my display of 1/6 scale figures, they still have a bit of a toyish presence.

They should really start doing the Intrinsic Scan/paint methods on all their human characters to get that HT quality layered translucent look to them like what they did for the WW2 German Pararooper PF and the Obiwan LSF.

Last edited:
it does happen to quite a few statues, a lot of it depends on es, ex or no, and popularity. Given this statue came right after the awesome comic version and has no ex it could very well be dumped at a 30% discount after release....if a high es.

cbg does make sense sometimes ;)

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I think this really looks great. Pricing has gotten out of hand, over time. At this price I can only justify 1 Superman Premium format, and it's going to be Christopher Reeve!

I haven't been closely following, but when is Chris Reeve PF anticipated?

All this talk about the PF Vs Hot Toys version...so I finally went over and took a peek at what the HT version looks like. Lmao! Is that supposed to be a Frank Miller MOS version?

Saw MOS today it was amazing and perfect IMO. :clap I have debated with myself about getting this statue and I don't think I am going to it is a great statue overall IMO but I have the comic version coming. For me the comic version is the definitive Superman it is the one I grew up with since I was born in 91' I missed the CR sups. So the cartoons sups is the one I grew up with. So I don't want to have two sups PF's the only character I can make that exception for is Batman. Plus I am a poor college student and have to be very selective on what I buy. I want the JLA and Batman and Rouges. So I am skipping on this :(. I loved the movie enough though that I will get the mondo poster and the koto MOS which will go nicely with my DKR batman from koto. With SDCC coming up too who knows what's around the corner that I am going to have to folk up money for. :thud:

I loved this new movie and I think having a Reeve/Cavill Display would be sweet.

I am comparing both SS and HT:

SS:

Pros:

- I liked how the costume turned out on this one more.
- Cape's Material looks better
- Build looks more accurate

Cons:
- That pose. It looks like he's stumbling
- HT's Face Sculpt looks far better

HT:

Pros:
- Face Sculpt is far superior
- Posing is obviously better

Cons:

I like the HT Supes, but what I will probably do is get this to go with the comic Ex I have on order and then get Reeve when he shows up. I'm already working on a shelf that will be for these 3 only.

Back