Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly: The movie was awesome as far as I'm concerned. I don't buy movie PF's but I really would like this now.

I just quit my job though as I'm moving quite far away so I'm going to have to wait for now :(

I collect a lot of movie PFs and this PF is right down my alley! :yess:

I wish you the best of luck in your travels, bro. :duff

:clap great can't wait to see this movie soon!

:hi5: Groovy, guys!

I still haven't ordered. Considering if it's worth it to order direct for this or not...

I think you'll have plenty of time to decide, BuffyGirl. :)

Don't like the statue (mostly due to stiff pose) + did not love the movie = Pass.

I actually really like this pose and costume more than the comic premium format. Looks like I will be getting this instead of the Hot Toys because of the visible neck joint on the Hot Toys.

I wonder if the negativity for this figure is not all about the people who ordered the comic PF defensively going after this because they see it as the competition to their figure. I think the designers hit a homerun with this costume. Looks better than the comic version's pajamas.

Just saw Man of Steel and it was... okay. The statue actually looks better than the movie IMO. :lol

Faora PF please! :pray: :D

I do not agree with the Man of steel comment, it was a Good Movie, that said, what I do agree with you on is this

my New Evil Sidekick Favorite, I know it would be asking a lot but let's have a PF of her in the Next 5 years

I actually really like this pose and costume more than the comic premium format. Looks like I will be getting this instead of the Hot Toys because of the visible neck joint on the Hot Toys.

I wonder if the negativity for this figure is not all about the people who ordered the comic PF defensively going after this because they see it as the competition to their figure. I think the designers hit a homerun with this costume. Looks better than the comic version's pajamas.

Competition? :lol You do realize anyone who ordered the comic PF can also order this? I just disagree that the pose on this is better than the comic PF. I also don't see a large difference in the costume quality from one to the other, just difference because of the designs. I like this PF from the waist up, and would have ordered if he didn't have an odd case of happy feet.

I can't say I love the pose of this PF, but I don't think it's as terrible as some are making it out to be. Plus, I'm thinking into the future and displaying 3 PF Supermans together and I think that could look great, so long as SS doesn't drop the ball with the Reeve Supes.

Think I might have to get this one, but won't be going through SS.

I don't think this is a case of people being protective of what they bought. T be honest I think it is more people feel let down by what they see, AND I think for some reason SSC did not get GREAT PICS of this one. The Sculpt looked so much stronger in the teaser video that the only thing I can think of is that they dropped the ball in ate photo studio. The same thing happened with the GL PF initially and it cost SSC sales. We will see what happens with this one.... I actually want it to be good as I JUST saw the film, and though there are issues I think it is a darn solid start to a franchise:lecture

I do not agree with the Man of steel comment, it was a Good Movie, that said, what I do agree with you on is this

my New Evil Sidekick Favorite, I know it would be asking a lot but let's have a PF of her in the Next 5 years

I loved the movie, but got to admit I thought Faora was such a bad girl in that movie! The Play-Arts prototype of Faora looks pretty good for a figure and so is General Zod. This MOS statue however along with that Gentle Giant versions is underwhelming to me.

Play-Arts-Kai-Faora-1.jpg

Square-Enix-Play-Arts-Kai-Man-of-Steel-General-Zod.jpg

it does happen to quite a few statues, a lot of it depends on es, ex or no, and popularity. Given this statue came right after the awesome comic version and has no ex it could very well be dumped at a 30% discount after release....if a high es.

cbg does make sense sometimes ;)

Yeah, right.:lol

it does happen to quite a few statues, a lot of it depends on es, ex or no, and popularity. Given this statue came right after the awesome comic version and has no ex it could very well be dumped at a 30% discount after release....if a high es.

cbg does make sense sometimes ;)

Thanks bro! Yes don't get caught up in the hype. Anyone who wants this should be able to get it for less later. With shipping this will be like 410.00 not including tax. So I'm sure when these are out and the hype dies out. There will be many good deals. Even now hawk eye reg sold for 310.00 free shipping! Hulk avengers maquette was 500.00 free shipping etc. :hi5:

Thanks bro! Yes don't get caught up in the hype. Anyone who wants this should be able to get it for less later. With shipping this will be like 410.00 not including tax. So I'm sure when these are out and the hype dies out. There will be many good deals. Even now hawk eye reg sold for 310.00 free shipping! Hulk avengers maquette was 500.00 free shipping etc. :hi5:

Where the heck did you see a Hawkeye for 310 free shipping. That's a bargain, love that statue.

You would never see a deal like that where I live :(

Where the heck did you see a Hawkeye for 310 free shipping. That's a bargain, love that statue.

You would never see a deal like that where I live :(

Came from a guy who runs a collectible online store out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He probably has a whole sale account so he still made a little bit on the statue, but the Free shipping was US only so you probably still would have had to pay, Raging.

I still think the likeness is great, but does anyone else think it looks kind of cartoony?

I still think the likeness is great, but does anyone else think it looks kind of cartoony?

You will find that is the s__t paint job doing that. That is my only gripe, I know I will have to pay all that money then get it repainted :(

The pics are so bad I can't tell if it's the paint or not. Not one damn picture showing off the headsculpt.

The pics are so bad I can't tell if it's the paint or not. Not one damn picture showing off the headsculpt.

I wouldn't stress about it too much. Trevor's work is amazing, and my Obi-wan Mythos is one of my favourite PFs! It looks ultra realistic and just an absolutely stunning resemblance to McGregor.

I'm guessing the same will be the case for this once actual pictures are taken of the proto/statue. As it stands, those do look almost like drawings in most cases, and I would have to think (since this is almost a year into the future in terms of release dates) that they wanted to have pre-orders go up this weekend to capitalize on the hype -- and rightfully so from a money-making perspective.

In the end, I'm sure you'll find that the head sculpt looks superb and that when closer shots of the face are available (SDCC?) you'll be thoroughly impressed. Not saying that means you should order it no questions asked! Just saying that I wouldn't worry about it looking too cartoony, as those definitely aren't shots of the completed/finalized proto.

Back