Statue Sideshow Superman Chris Reeve PF 1/4 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this will look great with the Keaton PF and so I will probably pre-order.

I think the sculpt is great. It?s not perfect but it?s honestly not to far off and for the price being a 1/4 it worth it. My only concern on this will be the mix media suit. It better not fit like Barbie clothes. That will ruin this whole thing.The only other Reeve 1/4 out there that is absolutely stunning is Arnie Kim Studios but it?s a hefty price at $7000.00. It begs the question, how big of a fan are you?
434-B7095-A42-E-4-F92-AF2-D-3-B6106-D9-A306.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I think the sculpt is great. It?s not perfect but it?s honestly not to far off and for the price being a 1/4 it worth it. My only concern on this will be the mix media suit. It better not fit like Barbie clothes. That will ruin this whole thing.The only other Reeve 1/4 out there that is absolutely stunning is Arnie Kim Studios but it?s a hefty price at $7000.00. It begs the question, how big of a fan are you?

I've owned quite a few mixed media aka fabric costumed PFs and I wouldn't say any of them fit like barbie clothes. Sure the first comic superman PF's red underoos were a bit higher up than the proto but otherwise it was fine. And the only issue (costume wise) with the previous Reeve PF was the sewn in S shield but that won't be an issue this time around since it seems to be screen printed this time.

But I agree, the sculpt isn't too far off. Not nearly as bad as the last one. Looks like they gave Matt Black a second chance at sculpting Reeve and thankfully he did a better job this go around than the first time. However, can't say the same about his TDK Joker PF sculpts. Those are pretty bad.

Last edited:
This is in the true spirit of Reeves superman. Headsculpt is far far better, just crossing my fingers the final product will not be botched as a whole.
Will preorder this one, but will gladly cancel it and loose the nrd if they once again f up.
The last one was horrendous.

This is in the true spirit of Reeves superman. Headsculpt is far far better, just crossing my fingers the final product will not be botched as a whole.
Will preorder this one, but will gladly cancel it and loose the nrd if they once again f up.
The last one was horrendous.

Haha this made me lol for some reason. They did totally f up the last one. I had it and gladly sold it for a loss.

This will look absolutely nothing like the prototype. I will not PO until I see in hand reviews. And if it sells out, too bad.

Waiting on Queen to get Reeve right.

This will look absolutely nothing like the prototype. I will not PO until I see in hand reviews. And if it sells out, too bad.

Waiting on Queen to get Reeve right.

As am I.

Is Queen making Reeves?

I believe they might. Just have to show that there's a high interest for it. They replied to me online that they "Would love to. Not this year, but certainly one for the future". That has me in wait and see mode at the moment.

Is Queen making Reeves?

If Queen Studios makes a George ReeveS Superman I would be incredibly stoked as that was the first live action Superman I ever saw. I am nowhere near old enough to have seen them when they originally aired, but I saw some reruns when I was a kid.

Now if you are talking Christopher Reeve (no S at the end) that would also be cool to see Queen Studios have their go at him

They showed this thing off today for Micro Con.
Lighting isn't doing it any favors here. Doesn't seem like the sculpt is, either.
vDIHti2.png

Last edited:
Yikes, I think you're right about the lighting but it's clear the likeness isn't 100%

Up oh.

Fool me once, shame on Sideshow.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

There will be people who are happy with this, he does look good but it's clear sideshow can't sculpt human faces

Preoedered this for the wife. Reeves is her favourite icon from when she was a kid. Might not be perfect but a good representation imo.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Adjusting the lighting a bit, you can see Christopher Reeve in there, but it could be a stronger likeness with a bit more modification. There is also definite lens distortion with how the picture/video was taken which can account for the longer face.
5BCF3436-0C09-4AC7-BD47-4914392339B8.jpeg
I preordered this with the intention of either modifying or even replacing the headsculpt since the pose, body shape, and costume looks great. It will all depend on what the final production piece looks like.

Here’s a quick photoshop of just the slight adjustments based on one of their prototype pictures:
View attachment 511245

All that was altered was thinning the eyebrows, filling in the lower sunken cheeks and extending upper and lower lips for the smirk.

Looks good, I didn't realise how bad the eyebrows are until it's pointed out like that

Back