Statue Sideshow Superman Chris Reeve PF 1/4 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1125x682_previewbanner_300759_SupermanPF-2.jpg

I definitely would like to see clearer pics from different angles but so far It looks good IMO. I'm curious to see how much he's gonna cost.
bc8d9e67b307bfac679c96826e463286.jpg
Man this looks good! As much as I would love to PO first day, considering how much the last PF dropped in quality from proto to release, def gonna have to try to wait. But I hope this means a new Keaton Bats PF is on the docket
I?m not even gonna lie: I feel like Arnie Kim has sort of just ruined literally anything Reeve related for me, at this point. I don?t even know if he still does work for hire stuff, but it?s just like ?why bother, otherwise??:lol
While Arnie Kim?s stuff is great! Hardly anyone can own one. It?s almost like saying why bother with TDK Joker when Adam Gu?s personal Jokers are above all the others. Yet Queen Studios? Joker is being hailed as the best mass produced Joker at the moment. If this piece comes out like or better than this proto, I think it has the potential of being the best mass produced Reeve collectible IMO.

Last edited:
Looks pretty good, but unless the paintwork is absolutely stellar on the production pieces that expression could come off as smug and judgmental, as opposed to warm and charming.

Man this looks good! As much as I would love to PO first day, considering how much the last PF dropped in quality from proto to release, def gonna have to try to wait. But I hope this means a new Keaton Bats PF is on the docket

While Arnie Kim?s stuff is great! Hardly anyone can own one. It?s almost like saying why bother with TDK Joker when Adam Gu?s personal Jokers are above all the others. Yet Queen Studios? Joker is being hailed as the best mass produced Joker at the moment. If this piece comes out like or better than this proto, I think it has the potential of being the best mass produced Reeve collectible IMO.

Oh, no. I get that. And this one’s infinitely better than the V1 PF SSC did. I just mean purely in terms of personal perception, there’s sort of a weird disconnect where it’s the bar by which I judge everything else. Even stuff that it has no business being held up against, like the Mezco figure. And I absolutely agree about the Adam Jokers. Hell, I would say Queen’s piece even surpasses his own work he did on the Prime1 half scale. I think it?s also partly because Kim and Reeve are now kind of synonymous in my mind with the OG Hot Toys, so, seeing the stuff he does, now, I’m kind of like “Jesus. Could somebody doing mass market Reeve stuff please re-hire this man because I need that on my shelf.” :lol

All in all, it does look great, even though there’s something a little off about it. It’s also kind of nice to see them do a classic museum piece for a change with a pose taken straight from a promo photo. At the same time, though it’s also a little bit of a double edged sword, where it’s both brave and, potentially, harmful, as well, because you no longer can necessarily skate by on artistic expression. Now, everybody will be judging it against the aforementioned photo and how well you captured what was presented.

Oh, no. I get that. And this one’s infinitely better than the V1 PF SSC did. I just mean purely in terms of personal perception, there’s sort of a weird disconnect where it’s the bar by which I judge everything else. Even stuff that it has no business being held up against, like the Mezco figure. And I absolutely agree about the Adam Jokers. Hell, I would say Queen’s piece even surpasses his own work he did on the Prime1 half scale. I think it?s also partly because Kim and Reeve are now kind of synonymous in my mind with the OG Hot Toys, so, seeing the stuff he does, now, I’m kind of like “Jesus. Could somebody doing mass market Reeve stuff please re-hire this man because I need that on my shelf.” :lol

All in all, it does look great, even though there’s something a little off about it. It’s also kind of nice to see them do a classic museum piece for a change with a pose taken straight from a promo photo. At the same time, though it’s also a little bit of a double edged sword, where it’s both brave and, potentially, harmful, as well, because you no longer can necessarily skate by on artistic expression. Now, everybody will be judging it against the aforementioned photo and how well you captured what was presented.

haha I completely get what you mean! I feel the same about Arnie Kim's personal Indy statues (not the DX05). I wish he would've done for HT what he did for his 1/4 statue. Unfortunately, the sculpt he made for the DX05 is just subpar plus the deep socket PERS didn't help.

I also def agree about the Queen Studios' piece being better than the P1 Joker; however, Adam's personal stuff as well as his limited headsculpts that go for thousands of dollars are pretty tough to beat.

I know there is a bias for me as 1) I'm a sucker for PFs with fabric recreation of outfits 2) Superman is my favorite hero, so I tend to be less critical and just happy when Superman gets love since Joker and Bats tend to take the DC cake for just about everything 3) I've really wanted a good Reeve representation in my collection. I had a customized 1/6 HT with accurate boots made and accurate suit by Toribox but I had to sell it when I lost my job last year. So I'm glad to see something that I think will be a more iconic representation in my collection at a larger scale than 1/6

Guys dont fall for the trap ssc will **** this up like they do all movie headsculpts. That proto looks ok as is, nothing like arnie kim version. There will be a huge drop in paint quality on the production piece to the point we wont even recognize him anymore. It?s barely passable as reeve now, its close but no cigar.

Move along nothing to see here.

I wish they would just have IS make this for them or outsource it to some other company that can actually do movie headsculpts justice

They still havent learned what they are not good at, youd think all those movie statues covered in dust in the warehouse would remind them of what they cant do or people simply dont like because they are terrible statues. The only decent movie statues they made were bvs armored batman (which pales in comparison to p1) and keaton bats. I guess their aquaman looks passable too but i wouldnt buy it. Rest is garbage that have absolutely no likeness to the actor/actress they are supposed to represent and typically have heavy caked on paint jobs and awful skin tone

As much as I love the classic Reeve Superman, I much more prefer my statues with a detailed and dynamic base. If this was larger it would make for a better legendary scale figure, rather than a PF.

Steve Lord did great work on that. This reveal came just a day after my own personal project of a 3.75 inch Chris Reeve Superman figure was completed. The pose they've chosen is my favourite but for my version, I had to go with something a bit more neutral as it's just an action figure, rather than statue. Great to see Sideshow revisiting Superman the Movie after the frankly horrible first PF effort.

Superman-Completed-Model-230720.jpg

Re: Sideshow Superman Chris Reeve PF ???

Wish the Call to Superman was 1:6, it'd look better against that Reeve's statue.

Steve Lord did great work on that. This reveal came just a day after my own personal project of a 3.75 inch Chris Reeve Superman figure was completed. The pose they've chosen is my favourite but for my version, I had to go with something a bit more neutral as it's just an action figure, rather than statue. Great to see Sideshow revisiting Superman the Movie after the frankly horrible first PF effort.

View attachment 491493

Not to get too off-topic re the subject of this thread, but this 3.75" sculpt is outstanding.
I still kick myself for not picking up your ? scale Reeve when he was released. It's one of my biggest statue-collecting regrets. The new Sideshow piece will have to do. I've been waiting years (since your Supes) for a decent ?-scale piece. Fingers crossed the production pieces on this new sculpt turn out nice.

Looks pretty good, but unless the paintwork is absolutely stellar on the production pieces that expression could come off as smug and judgmental, as opposed to warm and charming.

My thoughts exactly. If SSC botches the paint job (100% sure they will) Reeve will look like a ********* ******* instead of that amazing human he portrayed.

I will wait until other company does Reeve. Hopefully QS will. And I like the 1/3 size personally.

Back