1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, friggin' photobucket. Here's a a couple of recent shots and an oldie. Changes include fattening up bodies, Black2/Black3 helmet markings, clear amber finish on lenses, custom code cylinders, and adding 3rd hoses.

GxH9pK.jpg

NJ6t9m.jpg

cjDfSr.jpg

i cannot wait for mine TIE pilot to arrive.. such beatiful pics!

Nice pics and great idea on the addition of the 3rd hose. I was reluctant on picking this guy up last year since my first SSC figure was the Prototype Fett which has a slightly wonky body. This figure is solid and one of my favorites. Lucked out and scored the exclusive at a local shop for retail.

Uhmm anyone here has comparison pics of original version and RO version of TIE pilot ? Im consider to grab addtional RO version as SS currently put it on wait list.

Crappy cellphone shot from when i got the RO TIE Pilot. Been wanting to beef up the ANH one for a long time but haven't gotten to it or looked for the means on how to - which padded suit pick up and whatnot. Out of the box he's really slim and slightly taller.

IMG_8048.jpg

Wow nice pic! Thanks man

RO looks very bulky, different helmet and more details.. but seeing this pic I like the original ANH version more.

That shiny suit still jars on me a little. The proportions look better on it and I probably prefer the blacker gloves and boots. It's the helmet that really makes the RO version though. Ideally it'd be the OT jumpsuit with the RO helmet and chest box. The OT figure would need bulking out obviously.

Do we know how accurate those greying boots and gloves are for the OT version? The RS Prop Masters costume does match this look.

Crappy cellphone shot from when i got the RO TIE Pilot. Been wanting to beef up the ANH one for a long time but haven't gotten to it or looked for the means on how to - which padded suit pick up and whatnot. Out of the box he's really slim and slightly taller.

It's really just the waist that needs fattening up. I just wrapped and taped a folded piece of paper towel under the suit. I also needed to add another notch to the belts.

Wow nice pic! Thanks man

RO looks very bulky, different helmet and more details.. but seeing this pic I like the original ANH version more.

The RO TIE Pilot has a lot of subtle differences to the OT TIE Pilot other than the obvious helmet paint, flight suit and belt boxes. The ears of the helmet are different, the proportions of the chest box dials are different, the bottom of the chest armor has a curved edge, and the back of the upper torso armor has a Stormtrooper (OII) detail instead of the plain OT armor. They are very different figures.

It's really just the waist that needs fattening up. I just wrapped and taped a folded piece of paper towel under the suit. I also needed to add another notch to the belts.

I’ll try that thanks for the tip. Yours look like little dudes in suits... Great job!
Did you do anything with the legs or just the waist?

I’ll try that thanks for the tip. Yours look like little dudes in suits... Great job!
Did you do anything with the legs or just the waist?

Just the waist. The fabric suits just need a bit more futzing so they don't bunch up around the legs.

I regret not getting the Tie Pilot. One of the better recent released Star Wars figures by Sideshow in my opinion. Hopefully Hot Toys does one eventually.

I've just pulled the trigger on this from Timewalker Toys. Even with very expensive shipping to the UK it's cheaper than I could get it over here.

Nice. I’ve never ordered from there before but I see them brought up occasionally. Are they pretty reliable?

My first time with them also, I grab one as soon as someone here gave the link previous pages last week.

And yeah those TIE pilots are now completely sold out at timewalker...

Back