1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Timewalker was the place I got mine just before Christmas for around $170 and they did me a favour on the the shipping info for import duty to the UK.

I think as simple as these figures are from SSC they work because they're done really well. Both the AT-AT Driver and the Pilot.

Can someone answer me this. Is he supposed to have a ‘badge’ in the slot on his arm or not? Mine doesn’t have it, and it’s not pictured on the box, but it’s in the promo shots and I see it in some of the photos here... [emoji51]
1b16f921826c0bd8048d9e3aa3395a68.jpg
c11fb9a5413c85a4e1bbb46e75a970a8.jpg

f028e2dedcd4ef1b663b972047820b58.jpg

Where did you get it? They should be able to replace it unless it was a private sale. I’m not at home but I’m pretty sure the AT-AT Driver’s is the exact same. See if SSC can send you one. Worth a shot.

Where did you get it? They should be able to replace it unless it was a private sale. I’m not at home but I’m pretty sure the AT-AT Driver’s is the exact same. See if SSC can send you one. Worth a shot.

It was a private sale. He just told me he’s going to refund me $35 (it also has a scratch on the helmet that wasn’t mentioned). I can live with that. Would rather have a complete figure, but don’t wanna go through the hassle of sending it all the way back to the US.
The at-at driver have the same pocket, but that one is actually supposed to be empty.

It was a private sale. He just told me he’s going to refund me $35 (it also has a scratch on the helmet that wasn’t mentioned). I can live with that. Would rather have a complete figure, but don’t wanna go through the hassle of sending it all the way back to the US.
The at-at driver have the same pocket, but that one is actually supposed to be empty.

Bummer but at least you got some compensation for the missing piece.

Oh yeah forgot he didn’t have one.

You had me paranoid so I just checked mine. Definitely there. Sorry yours is missing it. Is it something that maybe TA would have?

You had me paranoid so I just checked mine. Definitely there. Sorry yours is missing it. Is it something that maybe TA would have?

I’ll definitely look for the piece at TA, but I think his permanent pose is having his hands on his back anyways, so I won’t be reminded of the missing piece all the time... but it’s still annoying.

Don’t seem to find it at TA or anywhere.... but actually not sure what you would call a piece like that? I’ll probably need to learn to live without it [emoji6]

Good catch, Slikkerias. I'm sorry that your figure is missing it, though.

I went and checked mine and it does have it, although it seems to be a bigger piece than the one in the pic that you circled.

Got an opportunity to get this figure for about $140 shipped, so couldn't pass it up. The proportions on the fig felt pretty off, so I built a new body. The fig overall seemed too tall (making the helmet seem proportionately too small) and the body shape created a bit of a Mom-jeans fit to the lower body suit - kind of wide hips and skinny waist.

The fig is now about 12" to the top of the helmet (the TIE pilots always seemed a bit shorter to me, especially next to Vader,) but the helmet now reads as proportionately bigger.

I'm not a huge fan of the sculpt or finish on the included Sideshow gloved hands (actually, not a fan of any Sideshow gloved hands for years - unconvincing sculpts often finished in an almost stone-like finish) so decided to use the Marmit hands for now. Just need to do a slight semi-gloss wash over them.

The included pilot hands are better than the ATAT driver hands so I'll be using them for other figs, they just didn't look like TIE pilot gloves with their blocky sculpt, matte finish and lack of gauntlet flaring.

The helmet sculpt is more accurate than the SSC ATAT driver, with only a few nitpicks on the mohawk front, chin curve (above grate) and "ear" nibs. The nibs are actually accurate to the only helmets filmed for ROTJ (and seen in several visual guide books), though not accurate to any of the pilots seen "in action" in ANH or ROTJ, which all have the Imperial officer's belt greeblie as "ears" not the pointed nib. Though no TIE pilots were filmed in action for ROTJ, only in the DS reception for the Emperor - all running/piloting pilot footage was shot at the time of ANH and re-used.

Still have a few things to do - like painting the chestbox squares to make them larger. Sideshow's paint only reached the face of the squares, not the edges/sides, making them look too small and far apart.

And I'm considering painting the "teeth" and chin grate metallic grey, even though the ROTJ helmets didn't have those details and though the ANH helmets did, they also had other painted details I don't want to add, like painted stripes, mohawk or side tubes. I'm just wanting to subtly add a bit of contrast to the all-black gloss look without going overboard, which I think they did with the ANH screen helmets, which would look a bit busy in 1/6 I think.

7d3mHyK.jpg

Pduw1mV.jpg

Looks better after the mods TaliBane. I’d still like to pick this figure up. I just have a feeling that when I finally decide to that Hot Toys will come out with one and like you some aspects of it I don’t like such as the gloves and boots. Overall though I feel like it’s one of Sideshow’s better efforts.

Back