1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how are the hands/goves and size comparisons on this figure? I can see the photos but I'm wondering what people think of it in person? I'm tempted to get this but I'd hate for HT to do one and it's much better... lol

I'm hoping Sideshow will have a good discount on this for May the 4th.

Unless the want to just clear out the final pieces but it's currently listed as Low Stock.
Not sure how often they slash prices on pieces when they reach that staus.

So I decided to pull the trigger on this guy using one of those $25 vouchers they were giving out. Figure he will be no longer available pretty soon.

I'm thinkin he could also look pretty sweet standing opposite SS Luke Snowspeeder or X-Wing pilot.

So I decided to pull the trigger on this guy using one of those $25 vouchers they were giving out. Figure he will be no longer available pretty soon.

I'm thinkin he could also look pretty sweet standing opposite SS Luke Snowspeeder or X-Wing pilot.

This is on sale right now from Popcultcha, it's $172 (that's with $11 shipping to the US from Australia) it's $22 less than Sideshow with the $25 off coupon and Sideshow's shipping cost (they quoted $19.54 shipping to me in Missouri):
https://www.popcultcha.com.au/star-wars-imperial-tie-fighter-1-6th-scale-action-figure.html

Why the hell does it cost $19 from Sideshow to ship this to me and only $11 from Popcultcha in Australia!? :horror

Last edited:
$172? Is there something missing like a code or something? When you switch to US Dollars it hits for $222.35 before shipping

$172? Is there something missing like a code or something? When you switch to US Dollars it hits for $222.35 before shipping

You must have not switched over to USD at the top of the page. I just checked it and this is what it said:
View attachment 339875

(EDIT)-
I just noticed when I jumped away from the page it switched the currency back to AUD, this is unusual as I found in the past that once you switch the currency over, it stays that way while you remain on their website. Their site must've changed recently.

Last edited:
This is on sale right now from Popcultcha, it's $172 (that's with $11 shipping to the US from Australia) it's $22 less than Sideshow with the $25 off coupon and Sideshow's shipping cost (they quoted $19.54 shipping to me in Missouri):
https://www.popcultcha.com.au/star-wars-imperial-tie-fighter-1-6th-scale-action-figure.html

Why the hell does it cost $19 from Sideshow to ship this to me and only $11 from Popcultcha in Australia!? :horror

Could be worse, the reverse to Australia from sideshow is $40.

Yeah, thought about it but it's not the EX. PC have gotten the occasional SSC EX, but not this time. I really wanted that pistol. :gah:

$172 is pretty sweet, but there also feels like there's just so much HT stuff coming now.

Could be worse, the reverse to Australia from sideshow is $40.
Shipping from Sideshow has gotten out of hand. I think Sideshow needs to renegotiate their shipping deal with UPS. I know Sideshow in the past will ship something Fed Ex if asked, maybe that would be the less expensive option if it's available?
Is popculture reliable? Never ordered from them...
They're very reliable. I've ordered three figures from them with the fourth currently on it's way and I've not had any problems. They also offer a program similar to Sideshow's reward program called Pennies; the more money you spend, the more Pennies you earn towards a discount amount. I used it for the first time on the R1 Vader figure that should arrive sometime this week. Shipping from them usually takes two weeks, they pack things well (boxed wrapped in bubble wrap) and it arrives via the Post Office.
Yeah, thought about it but it's not the EX. PC have gotten the occasional SSC EX, but not this time. I really wanted that pistol. :gah:

$172 is pretty sweet, but there also feels like there's just so much HT stuff coming now.

As sweet as the deal is from Popcultcha, I decided to instead buy it from Sideshow. If you factor in the Reward Points from them, the PC discount is only $12 less, it also comes with an $30 off code, and if I ever have a problem with the figure, I know Sideshow will come through.

I just noticed when I jumped away from the page it switched the currency back to AUD, this is unusual as I found in the past that once you switch the currency over, it stays that way while you remain on their website. Their site must've changed recently.

That was it, it kept switching me over to AUS $ every page I moved, even in the checkout it did the same thing. I did pull the trigger though thanks!

Grand total was $172.76 shipped from PopCultcha.

To put it into perspective standard SSC purchase without coupon would have cost me $233.38 b/c I'm in CA so I have to tax on top of shipping
With a coupon it would have cost me $208.38 shipped

It's a little shocking that SSC kept quoting me $18.89 for shipping when I'm in California too and literally it gets to me in 2 days, but either way I'm glad I finally have this coming. :D

That was it, it kept switching me over to AUS $ every page I moved, even in the checkout it did the same thing. I did pull the trigger though thanks!

Grand total was $172.76 shipped from PopCultcha.

To put it into perspective standard SSC purchase without coupon would have cost me $233.38 b/c I'm in CA so I have to tax on top of shipping
With a coupon it would have cost me $208.38 shipped

It's a little shocking that SSC kept quoting me $18.89 for shipping when I'm in California too and literally it gets to me in 2 days, but either way I'm glad I finally have this coming. :D

Awesome! If it's anything like the AT-AT driver it's worth it. I'm looking forward to mine as well.
Not having to pay sales tax is a good reason to get it from Popcultcha instead.

They're very reliable. I've ordered three figures from them with the fourth currently on it's way and I've not had any problems. They also offer a program similar to Sideshow's reward program called Pennies; the more money you spend, the more Pennies you earn towards a discount amount. I used it for the first time on the R1 Vader figure that should arrive sometime this week. Shipping from them usually takes two weeks, they pack things well (boxed wrapped in bubble wrap) and it arrives via the Post Office.

what are their parcels like for customs charges ? I might pre order sideshow bossk from them cheapest I have seen for it

had to order for 173... 200 is just too much for this figure and then the shipping from SS. I wish the 20 percent off was for pre orders...

had to order for 173... 200 is just too much for this figure and then the shipping from SS. I wish the 20 percent off was for pre orders...

Yeah, it's sometimes an interesting little trick PC uses - items that were in stock switch back to PO when a sale is on, or things go out of stock then mysteriously return to stock as soon as the sale is over. Another interesting one is if a fig is already 20% off the normal price, the sale percentage won't take it down any further, though I've noticed a few items recently this hasn't happened on.

Back