1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange HT never made this. In 2015 I would have bet it was coming within 2 years. Here it is 2020 and we've never even seen a proto.

Maybe it's better we've never seen any. *cough* Death Star Trooper*cough*

While I’d prefer a strictly OT TIE Pilot, I expect we might see a Mandalorian branded Imperial Remnant TIE Pilot if there are any in season 2.

We do see a couple of Outland TIEs in the trailer.

That would potentially make it a Rogue One style TIE Pilot, however.

To be honest I'd rather see HT making the Death Star Trooper and the Snow Commander. The SSC TIE Pilot and AT-AT Driver are quite good figures.

Everyone likes their SS version... until HT offers their own. Like the Luke Pilot for instance. Or Cody.

I was talking to a friend the other day and we couldn't name one SS Star Wars figure that was not improved in the HT version.

Jawa, I like the look of the SS Jawa better than the HT Jawa. I?m sure people would disagree with me, but I?m keeping my SS Jawas over HT.

I only have one human type character from Sideshow. Have their Scout Trooper. I’ve mostly avoided their stuff, but this Tie Pilot looks okay, and the fact that it hasn’t been made by Hot Toys is why I’d like it. Not going to pay the prices it goes for though. Way too much for a basic figure.

I had the SSC TIE and thought it needed a body swap to a shorter TrueType body to bring out its full potential. Not bad, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jawa, I like the look of the SS Jawa better than the HT Jawa. I?m sure people would disagree with me, but I?m keeping my SS Jawas over HT.

Bingo! That Jawa is the only one I could think of that might be a wash with Sideshow -- but it is just so different its hard to say its worse. Its a fantastic Mandalorian Jawa.

Bingo! That Jawa is the only one I could think of that might be a wash with Sideshow -- but it is just so different its hard to say its worse. Its a fantastic Mandalorian Jawa.

The HT Jawa's kind of a disaster in a half dozen ways but it works as perhaps a Kenner PC Jawa homage. And you mean the SSC or HT Jawa is a fantastic Mando Jawa? Neither really look like it but I guess the too-dark SSC robes suggest Mando.

I'd add old Ben as one that's almost a toss-up between SSC and HT. While the sculpt paint sucks (as always) with the SSC figure, the likeness blows the HT one away, just as the paint apps and sculpt detail of the HT blow the SSC away. I guess it just depends whether you prefer a random old bearded man with stellar apps or a spot-on Alec G with Hasbro level paint apps.

Also the dark brown chamois fabric HT went with for Ben's outer robe was also unfortunate vs better SSC robe.

I don’t have the Hot Toys Jawa so I can’t compare, but Sideshow’s Jawas have the floppy bodies which is unfortunate.

The HT Jawa's kind of a disaster in a half dozen ways but it works as perhaps a Kenner PC Jawa homage. And you mean the SSC or HT Jawa is a fantastic Mando Jawa? Neither really look like it but I guess the too-dark SSC robes suggest Mando.

I'd add old Ben as one that's almost a toss-up between SSC and HT. While the sculpt paint sucks (as always) with the SSC figure, the likeness blows the HT one away, just as the paint apps and sculpt detail of the HT blow the SSC away. I guess it just depends whether you prefer a random old bearded man with stellar apps or a spot-on Alec G with Hasbro level paint apps.

Also the dark brown chamois fabric HT went with for Ben's outer robe was also unfortunate vs better SSC robe.

Man, that's a hard call on Ben... HT's was pretty poor all around. Didn't remember that one.

On the Jawa, I meant Mando because of the red eyes. I think the SS and HT equally suck in very different ways.

For example, I chose to display HT Ben over SS... but I did use the SS robes. And on the Jawas, I didn't buy either. :)

To be honest I'd rather see HT making the Death Star Trooper and the Snow Commander. The SSC TIE Pilot and AT-AT Driver are quite good figures.
yes, Im pretty much satisfied with SS's Tie pilot and AT-AT driver, the RO version of TIE pilot also very nice.

I've been tempted in picking up the RO version ever since it was announced. I just don't know if that flight suit material would last.

Well, good luck finding any. There is one on eBay for a decent price of 1.200 EUR. :lol

I thought it was nylon? Looks to have plenty of longevity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's nylon not pleather.

Ah, ok. That should be fine, then.

Well, good luck finding any. There is one on eBay for a decent price of 1.200 EUR. :lol

Yep, it's been hard to find (for a decent price) for quite a long time. Not a must-get but if I come across one priced right, I may pick it up.

Back