1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still love my TIE Pilot. I've not done the thickening up on him yet though. Maybe when I get round to fattening up Zuckuss I'll give is a go.

A comic store near me has the RO Pilot available in their display cabinet. I'm always tempted by it mainly due to the helmet decalling resembling Backstabber.

Maybe one day I'll go for it. I've just sprung for all five SSC Bounty Hunters from various sources though so it'll have to wait.

I went with a whole new body for this figure. The stock body seemed too tall and I think that was creating the "skinny waist" thing too.

Pduw1mV.jpg

The fig now is in the same range as the other Imperial troopers. I like it because the pilots always seemed a bit on the short side in the movies (or maybe that was because we saw them next to Vader.)

VRqrHL2.jpg

Really does look like a man in a suit there, Talibane.

That extra hose from the side of the chest box really helps too.

Nice mods Talibane. I may try the 3rd hose and body swap. Those Medi gloves look great! Been wanting to repaint the boots and gloves and throw a slight gloss to them. One of my favorite designs and love how all these mods are making him look even better.

Those are some nice adjustments Talibane. I really like this figure, I might pick up another to try and make a Lt. Oxixo.

Really does look like a man in a suit there, Talibane.

That extra hose from the side of the chest box really helps too.

Nice mods Talibane. I may try the 3rd hose and body swap. Those Medi gloves look great! Been wanting to repaint the boots and gloves and throw a slight gloss to them. One of my favorite designs and love how all these mods are making him look even better.

Looks great Talibane!

Those are some nice adjustments Talibane. I really like this figure, I might pick up another to try and make a Lt. Oxixo.

:duff

They are Marmit gloved hands though, with some filling and repositioning of fingers.

The only other thing I keep thinking of doing is painting the teeth and chin grill grey just to make a few helmet details pop over all the gloss black, but I never want to pull the trigger on doing it. The issue is I don't love any of the individualized ANH TIE helmets enough to fully match them, yet I like the grey/black contrast. Also, there are quite a few helmets that have no grey on them at all.

It's interesting that I always understood that all TIE pilot footage was filmed at the time of ANH and reused in ROTJ but I came across a call sheet that showed filiming of TIE pilots during ROTJ. They matched the look of the ANH footage so well.

Cool upgrades Tali. Where did you insert the 3rd hose?

Micro hole in the center of the plug (I have set of super-small drill bits) and a piece of wire that's embedded in the pipe. I really couldn't find any onscreen or reliable costume evidence of what happens to the hose on his back so I just ended it in a canister on the belt. Several companies have done their own take on it (medi being the only one in 1/6) but it's a bit like Zuckuss' backpack - a company makes something up and other subsequent companies simply follow the example rather than research it on their own. I tend to try to pour over obscure ref pics and bts footage to get glimpses of these types of details.

SS RO Tie looks great there!

It does looks great. That RO suit is cool looking but I'd be a bit worried about the pleather breaking down over time though.

SS RO Tie looks great there!

Thanks... the ANH Tie Pilot is only 1/4” taller too. The perspective lens distortion has made him look giant in that shot.

It does looks great. That RO suit is cool looking but I'd be a bit worried about the pleather breaking down over time though.

Thanks. The suit is actually nylon. Definitely don’t see any problems with damage at all unless it gets snagged on something sharp :)

Thanks... the ANH Tie Pilot is only 1/4” taller too. The perspective lens distortion has made him look giant in that shot.

Thanks. The suit is actually nylon. Definitely don’t see any problems with damage at all unless it gets snagged on something sharp :)

Wow - I didn't know that. Might have to see if I can snag him further down the line. It's a nice looking fig out of the box, the pleather detrioration fear was the only thing holding me back - nice to know it's not an issue.

Random bump but I really can’t believe there’s never been a Tie Fighter Pilot released by Hot Toys. Wish I had grabbed the Sideshow version when it was available.

Funny, I was looking at my ss tie pilot and at at driver last night. Really solid figures and look good with the hot toys imperials. Maybe hot toys saw how badly the first order tie sold and haven?t bothered with the ot yet.

Meant the Original Trilogy version. Weird that they never did it. Could care less about the stupid First Order version.

I know I was joking :lol Might get one now that Squadrons is out, or from Mando since there appears to be more TIE fighters in S2.

Funny, I was looking at my ss tie pilot and at at driver last night. Really solid figures and look good with the hot toys imperials. Maybe hot toys saw how badly the first order tie sold and haven?t bothered with the ot yet.
I think it’s fine other than the oversized helmet and the oven mitt gloves Sideshow figures tend to have.

The SS one is a bit too tall but displayed next to Vader, it looks fantastic. But aside from that, it is a great, although bare-boned release.

I don't see the need to pick up a HT version if ever released, especially at their current pricing.

If you can find an SS version, even loose, for a good price, grab it.

Kinda wish I picked one up. Still pretty happy with the Marmit. Recently did a slight mod by giving the boots and gloves a clear satin coat to reduce the glossiness and hit the helmet with about 5 coats of clear coat with an airbrush. May still swap the body out for better posing and find some replacement gloves. Considering I picked him up for about AUS$80 a few years back, I don't mind spending extra on some mods.
26093eb674dd0837e1aa5c62e4075bed.jpg

Back