1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So has anyone swapped this over to the short hot toys stormtrooper body?

I'm wondering if the head, hands, and boots are able to swap right over without too much modification.

Thanks

Sideshow TIE Fighter Pilot arrived, a very cool figure, IMO the best 1/6 TIE Pilot:

Sideshow%20TIE%20Fighter%20Pilot%2013.jpg

Sideshow%20TIE%20Fighter%20Pilot%2009.jpg

The diamond plate's out of scale - fail, Sideshow!

:lol

Great pics - the diffused lighting really brings out all the details nicely.:clap

Got mine today. Someone on Ebay selling an EX one for about $30 less due to a damaged box (shocking for SSC, I know). Overall, NICE. Base body no where as good as the True Type, but glad to see the lenses are a separate part, and a dark amber color - tried to take a pic, but full on fail:

DSCN0472.JPG
DSCN0482.JPG

Last edited:
I agree, its a really great figure. Such a welcome addition to the ranks in my shelf, glad i held out on the Medicom versions now. The only thing i could see doing for an improvement is swapping to a true type style body, but I think Ill just leave mine as is.

049f87e27366b0952eaf29b9335f00a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made the mistake of removing the hoses - they go back in the helmet easy as pie; not so much in the chest piece...

Stripped the figure down, and added as much gerth to the waist as I dared. The issue is not the body, but the tailoring of the suit

DSCN0489.JPG
DSCN0493.JPG
This is one of the nicest bodies I've seen on a Sideshow figure. Only issue for mine: the wrist peg joint is pretty loose. Not bad for $165.....and love the Kenner gun!

Last edited:
That's high praise, coming from you Sergiu.

I'd love to see some more pics of your pilot jkno!

Glad to hear you like it, jkno!

The diamond plate's out of scale - fail, Sideshow!

:lol

Great pics - the diffused lighting really brings out all the details nicely.:clap

Thanks a lot my friends! Indeed a very beautiful figure, almost on par with Hot Toys offerings. I added a Merr Sonn blaster pistol that came with Praji, I know it is not screen accurate for pilots to carry blasters, but looks cool

[...]Stripped the figure down, and added as much gerth to the waist as I dared. The issue is not the body, but the tailoring of the suit[...]

Looks good. I'm wondering if the cinched waist and tightness of the jumpsuit could be addressed by a swap to a shorter body.

Looks good. I'm wondering if the cinched waist and tightness of the jumpsuit could be addressed by a swap to a shorter body.

I considered it with an extra body of mine, but once I stripped the tie pilot down, the base body looks very solid and well proportioned. I would guess if someone could 'let out' the stitching in the back of the body suit would do the trick

I considered it with an extra body of mine, but once I stripped the tie pilot down, the base body looks very solid and well proportioned. I would guess if someone could 'let out' the stitching in the back of the body suit would do the trick

I thought about that stitching/elastic too -- but I also think I'd like a shorter pilot.

When my TIE Pilot first arrived the belt was reversed. It took 1 minute to put it right and still keep the blaster holster

Just got mine today and unfortunately the right leg is really loose with no ratchet, also there is white glue on the side of the helmet that looks like a piece has been broken and stuck back on :( bought it at a UK retailer so see what they say.

This is a great looking figure, but I would find it hard to buy a figure like this or the AT-AT Driver that are meant to be posed in vehicles... vehicles that will never be made because they'd be too damn large.

I wish Gentle Giant would do vintage Kenner vehicles in 1/6 scale, they would be just about manageable if hardly screen accurate.

Back