1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uploadfromtaptalk1452760641510.jpg
Really can't afford SS pilot. Instead I use bandai head and some old parts to made my own version.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-N9150 發送

I have to say I am disappointed with the SS tie fighter pilot. As others have stated, just looks like a black blob even with bright LED shining on him. When my Jakku exclusive stormtrooper shows up tie fighter is being boxed or put standing behind Darth rendering it pretty much out of site. All my other figures are HT and the SS tie just doesn't compare. Def looks more toyish. And the only movie accurate pose is with him standing with his arms crossed behind him. He doesn't have a holster or gun in any scene.

I have to agree with you. Was going to buy this but after seeing it, it came across as more toyish imo. I'm now only buying HT figures now.

I don't find this figure "toyish" at all. Granted, it is just my opinion, but there is detail and simulated wear to the leathers like the gloves, boots and belt. The helmet is nicely detailed and the tailoring on the suit is well done. This is another figure that could be photographed to look like a movie still. Being mostly black, it make sense that it gets lost without good lighting. I consider it the nature of the beast and try to get him in the lights.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

The Star Wars universe is probably the most "helmet-centric" story-world ever created (like EVERYONE needs a helmet except the main speaking roles) and TFA obviously followed that, but the trooper designs, while pretty cool, to me just aren't as unique or as menacing as the OT ones. A little "teeth" goes a long way.

OT designs are better IMO, but it's all comes down to what we were exposed to first.

BSG:
Old Cylon designs are terrible compared to the newer ones since I never watched the original as a kid only the "newer" TV series

Star Trek:
original Klingons, ship designs etc. were horrible since I did not watch the original as a kid only Next Gen onward.

Even women, I prefer long hair on women but if I see one with short hair first, then later on see her again with long hair, it looks funny and prefer the short look.

etc...etc...

Back