1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was always sorta disappointed in this figure. It was one of the first Star Wars figures I picked up and I'm pretty sure it was my first Sideshow figure. I just never liked how they did the armor parts as more of a soft rubber material and the boots/gloves always kind of bother me on Sideshow figures. I'd gladly take a new version by Hot Toys.

I was always sorta disappointed in this figure. It was one of the first Star Wars figures I picked up and I'm pretty sure it was my first Sideshow figure. I just never liked how they did the armor parts as more of a soft rubber material and the boots/gloves always kind of bother me on Sideshow figures. I'd gladly take a new version by Hot Toys.

Same here. I like SSC AT-AT Driver and TIE Pilot, even the Snowtrooper (especially with HT helmet), but not the SSC Scout. Cannot wait for the HT version.

Well the long rifle from snowtrooper deluxe set works perfectly fine as a sniper for this figure. Maybe not the “right” rifle but at least it was used in battlefront I-II(original) for the scout.

Considering this and the speeder bike since Sideshow has it on double rewards and free shipping at the moment. I wanted to keep all my 1/6 figures Hot Toys but I do have an AT-AT Driver and another Sideshow trooper piece lying around. Was wondering if you guys think Hot Toys will make a version or if they'll leave the "secondary" troopers to Sideshow?

Hmm... I believe the chance we'd get a speeder bike anytime soon is very slim. Just look at all the prototypes they been teasing, none have reached production stage. Maul's speeder most likely is an exception, large veichles have more parts thus more expensive than figures and also more prone to QC-issues.

So for now I'd get the Sideshow speeder, it's one of the better things they've done at 1/6 scale. A bit fragile though.

And also since Hot Toys is releasing Luke with endor gear you could get him too and get more usage out of the speeder. Get two and do the speeder chase! ;)

Well the long rifle from snowtrooper deluxe set works perfectly fine as a sniper for this figure. Maybe not the “right” rifle but at least it was used in battlefront I-II(original) for the scout.

Indeed, that one will do too

Hot Toys Snowtroopers set accessories.jpg

The SSC ANH E-11 blasters are more accurate than HT. But those are the only ones that are better, all other HT blasters are better than SSC. Though this particular Snowtrooper rifle is in storage

Hot Toys interest in Scout Trooper is obvious. Photo grabs from their recent video.

st.jpg

They will make it some day for sure. Though still waiting for the teased figures they have shown long ago: 1/6 Death Star Trooper, Snowtrooper Commander & Sandtrooper white pauldron, plus the 1/4 Stormtrooper...

They will make it some day for sure. Though still waiting for the teased figures they have shown long ago: 1/6 Death Star Trooper, Snowtrooper Commander & Sandtrooper white pauldron, plus the 1/4 Stormtrooper...

Didn't they collab on the SS snowtrooper though and stopped working on the "HT" one?

I really hope we see a scout this year. You know because of the rotj stormy should be released.

Hot Toys interest in Scout Trooper is obvious. Photo grabs from their recent video.

View attachment 438109

Take a look what's on the shelf next to the Luke Sandstorm figure.

A HT Snowtrooper Commander... next to a recently revealed new HT figure.... hmmm...

You have much better eyes than i do. I can't tell 100% this is a Snowtrooper Commander next to DX ROTJ Luke up there. Ii can't even tell if that's Hot Toys or Sideshow. :dunno

You have much better eyes than i do. I can't tell 100% this is a Snowtrooper Commander next to DX ROTJ Luke up there. Ii can't even tell if that's Hot Toys or Sideshow. :dunno

It's 100% definitely the HT Snowie Commander. Not Sideshow. It's on a different display base though - the one shown at that show 1.5-2 years ago was on a HT Snowie base.

Not sure what it means though. It may just be on display - there's a lot of other stuff either stored or on display. I just thought it was significant because of the figure it's next to.

33vNmGm.png

Base looks a lot like Sidehow's hexagonal model here. Yet, this is some R&D office there. Lots of prototypes and bits and pieces from HT and Sideshow around. Base could have been lying around when they needed one to pose the figure on the shelf somehow. Let's hope it's indeed a sign HT's Commander will go up for PO sooner rather than later.

It's sideshow version, you can easily recognize one piece boots. I'm quite sure. Looks 100% like mine from the profile.

Base looks a lot like Sidehow's hexagonal model here. Yet, this is some R&D office there. Lots of prototypes and bits and pieces from HT and Sideshow around. Base could have been lying around when they needed one to pose the figure on the shelf somehow. Let's hope it's indeed a sign HT's Commander will go up for PO sooner rather than later.

Length of coat (the SSC coat is noticeably longer than the HT), darker grey glove gauntlets and lighter grey boots (SSC has light glove gauntlets and darker boots compared to HT,) as well as the chest armor sitting flat/vertical (which the SSC version can't really do without significant futzing) suggests to me it's the HT version, not the SSC. But yeah, the base seems to be a SSC base, but you're right - it's some kind of workroom so its all a bit disorganized and not meant to be seen.

It's sideshow version, you can easily recognize one piece boots. I'm quite sure. Looks 100% like mine from the profile.

The HT boots are also one-piece (or have a totally invisible joint.)

Someone asked for a comparison between the rerelease and original a while ago not sure if there's been one yet.
The rerelease version of the Sideshow Scout Is surprisingly quite a bit of an improvement over the original. It's on a better body, has a better paint job and is glossy compared to the matte of v1, the cummerbund is a better fit and a more accurate material, not as heavily weathered and the body suit is better. Knee pads still totally wrong though.
56a2821d75a0c27e0690bff5ad7430a6.jpg
c2f243d58c1c9eb7afbb419fb575397c.jpg
48cc6df74b814e5ac4771066ef3d4c0d.jpg
3de7cf3309c0e790ba7e49674595dd02.jpg
96ee444a6fb913ffd36b6a7197d7c208.jpg
767883b0c08513577c7d4899a7427684.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back