1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great shot, Matrix.

I've PO'd this now. Got the courage up after finally ordering the Snowie Commander. SSC can take care of my trooper needs if HT are reluctant.

Just got to find a decent price on a Hasbro Speeder Bike to weather up now.

I’m about to pick this guy up unless an HT version is seen at SDCC, kinda doubt it. I’m sure after I pick this up an HT version will be on the horizon.
Is it true the Hasbro version is more accurate? I’ve heard the SSC is too short lengthwise.

I’m about to pick this guy up unless an HT version is seen at SDCC, kinda doubt it. I’m sure after I pick this up an HT version will be on the horizon.
Is it true the Hasbro version is more accurate? I’ve heard the SSC is too short lengthwise.

The SSC version is pretty much spot on for scale compared to the 1/6 models that they used in the special FX scenes for the Speederbike Chase. If you take a look at the SSC Speederbike page I’ve put some comparison shots on there that show the similarities in scale.

The SSC version is pretty much spot on for scale compared to the 1/6 models that they used in the special FX scenes for the Speederbike Chase. If you take a look at the SSC Speederbike page I’ve put some comparison shots on there that show the similarities in scale.

Right on. I’ll check it out thanks 👍🏽

Got an email today confirming that this will be in stock at SSC next week so they're taking payment next Wednesday for it. Any idea on whether they've made any changes to it since the last one like they've done with R2? I'm quite happy with getting just a straight re-release of the old one as that's what I ordered but we'll see.

Is there anyone who have the new and old release?

Would love to see a side by side shot of them. I believe, from the pictures I've seen, the new release has less weathering and a brownish finish to the boots making them look more dirt-like than the first release. Since the weathering has been downgraded(or made a better colour match?), the white cloth now blend in better with the armour. One issue which still buggs me.

So I wonder if there might be a reason to upgrade since it's still in stock?

A better reason than to upgrade when it isn’t really an upgrade is simply to just have two anyway. Scout troopers are paired aren’t they?

Personally, I need to upgrade this:
jU4wvPz.jpg

Although Leia is a good fit...
2tXvzHs.jpg

Considering this and the speeder bike since Sideshow has it on double rewards and free shipping at the moment. I wanted to keep all my 1/6 figures Hot Toys but I do have an AT-AT Driver and another Sideshow trooper piece lying around. Was wondering if you guys think Hot Toys will make a version or if they'll leave the "secondary" troopers to Sideshow?

Considering this and the speeder bike since Sideshow has it on double rewards and free shipping at the moment. I wanted to keep all my 1/6 figures Hot Toys but I do have an AT-AT Driver and another Sideshow trooper piece lying around. Was wondering if you guys think Hot Toys will make a version or if they'll leave the "secondary" troopers to Sideshow?

These are more iconic than snowtroopers and they made those. So I’m sure HT will make these.

I'm surprised no HT announcement yet especially after the success of the snowtrooper. I'm really wanting to pull the trigger on the SS but the helment is really bugging me still, as the "nose" is too long still. The speeder bike is really tempting though but I wonder if HT will do that as well since they did the emperors chair.

I'm surprised no HT announcement yet especially after the success of the snowtrooper. I'm really wanting to pull the trigger on the SS but the helment is really bugging me still, as the "nose" is too long still. The speeder bike is really tempting though but I wonder if HT will do that as well since they did the emperors chair.

Definitely wait on the scout. Speederbike is a tougher call but I'm waiting too, partly cause there's just too much good stuff right now, they made a lot of these speeder bikes but unfortunately they'll still climb in price once they sell out the 2nd time.

Yeah even though the Sideshow versions look perfectly good to me, I'm inclined to wait and hope for the slightly superior HT versions (and a speeder bike that is hopefully more solid and less plastic looking). Much like we saw with the step up in quality of R2.

A quite nice figure. I really like it and can't say a bad word about it, SSC did a fine job. My only complain is his diaper, but that's stupid design coming from the movie itself.

IMG_7945.jpg

A quite nice figure. I really like it and can't say a bad word about it, SSC did a fine job. My only complain is his diaper, but that's stupid design coming from the movie itself.

Is that the new one?
Yeah they improved the weathering quite a bit, the white color better matches between the pouches and armor. I may have to track down a parted out pouch set.

The size of the diaper wouldn't be too hard to fix, just match the fabric of the pouches and custom cut and sew a new one, or wait until Hot Toys' version gets made and parted out. Still love my Sideshow version of the Scout as is.

Back