1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally! I found a Tomy Biker Scout mini helmet for a reasonable price. :yess:
Can someone tell me what modifications need to be made to make it work on the Sideshow Biker Scout?

It’s completely empty and the front swings up to open so you’ll need to put either a small head inside or create a way to put a false head that will attach to the neck peg.

The HT Han and Luke Stormtrooper adapters come to mind.

It’s completely empty and the front swings up to open so you’ll need to put either a small head inside or create a way to put a false head that will attach to the neck peg.

The HT Han and Luke Stormtrooper adapters come to mind.

Thanks for the help! I've been doing a Google search and found a few people mention adapting a head to fit inside. I do have a HT neck adapter, I'll see if that works once I have it in hand, thanks for the suggestion.

Hi there people.
I need 2 of these scout trooper guys. I am waiting for HT to oblige, but I thought it might be clever to buy one of Sideshow's and one of HT, so that the small differences would make the ensemble more realistic.

BUT: I have had a look at Michael Crawford's review and found lots of annoying problems with this figure.

- Why does the trooper wear a black line across his chest? I have checked it: scouts didn't have that. So wtf?

- Boots seem to be much bigger than they should.

- The ankle gun's handle is way too small. Not accurate.

- Pristine cummerbund, looks bad next to weathered anything else.

- Very lousy edges on the front of the helmet. Crawford says "intentional", I say crappy.

- Usual Sideshow problems: clothes fit is bad, needs lots of futzing, and the result is not realistic enough (base body too skinny). Also, weak articulations BAU.

Can you savvy buddies confirm all these issues? Anything else I am missing? Any fixes? I'd really like to PO this one, but if it is so dismal as I see it from here, I'll have to be a pass...

If any of you is so nice, kind and knowledgeable (been there since the beginning of the thread) to provide me with a short and sweet summary of conclusions drawn on this thread (can't go through 300 pages... sorry...), I'll be extremely obliged people!

Thanks again !!!

Regards,
m.

One of the fun things about this hobby is trying to make the figure look as realistic and nostalgic to ones liking. Some are different for different collectors. Every once is a while it’s good to pose “a” question but I’ve noticed you are going on many of these threads and asking everyone to hand over all the info accumulated through months, some years, of pages upon pages of discussion and individual input. I haven’t been on these threads long but still skimmed through dozens to play catch up on figures I was interested in.
Do some work.

Hi there people.
I need 2 of these scout trooper guys. I am waiting for HT to oblige, but I thought it might be clever to buy one of Sideshow's and one of HT, so that the small differences would make the ensemble more realistic.

BUT: I have had a look at Michael Crawford's review and found lots of annoying problems with this figure.

- Why does the trooper wear a black line across his chest? I have checked it: scouts didn't have that. So wtf?

- Boots seem to be much bigger than they should.

- The ankle gun's handle is way too small. Not accurate.

- Pristine cummerbund, looks bad next to weathered anything else.

- Very lousy edges on the front of the helmet. Crawford says "intentional", I say crappy.

- Usual Sideshow problems: clothes fit is bad, needs lots of futzing, and the result is not realistic enough (base body too skinny). Also, weak articulations BAU.

Can you savvy buddies confirm all these issues? Anything else I am missing? Any fixes? I'd really like to PO this one, but if it is so dismal as I see it from here, I'll have to be a pass...

If any of you is so nice, kind and knowledgeable (been there since the beginning of the thread) to provide me with a short and sweet summary of conclusions drawn on this thread (can't go through 300 pages... sorry...), I'll be extremely obliged people!

Thanks again !!!

Regards,
m.

Well, you really don’t need to go more than a page or so back before it becomes clear that some people like and some don’t unless you do some heavy modding to him.
But you also talk about a Hot Toys version as that would be a perfect representation of the character. Go to any HT thread and see - that’s not really the case.
Regarding having one of each - if a HT version comes out. None of the costumes were completely identical as they were pretty much handmade. Actors have different builds. Some people’s feet are bigger than others and so forth. It’s a completely different situation when you deal with a specific character and actor.
At the end of the day. Look at the figure. Do you like it? Well, in any case if you do it’s not a waste as you can have as many scout troopers as you want. If they differ a bit, well to me that sounds like a good thing.

But you also talk about a Hot Toys version as that would be a perfect representation of the character. Go to any HT thread and see - that’s not really the case.

Not perfect, of course, but any direct comparison (stormtroopers, snowtroopers) is embarassing for SSC, so it's reasonable to expect HT scouts to be MUCH BETTER than this.

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Not perfect, of course, but any direct comparison (stormtroopers, snowtroopers) is embarassing for SSC, so it's reasonable to expect HT scouts to be MUCH BETTER than this.

That’s what I’m saying. Not perfect. So how much imperfection you can live with is up to you. And since HT hasn’t even remotely revealed that they are doing a scout (if I were them I would wait since the market for it is pretty exhausted now that SSC is doing the second batch) you have the choice of this one or wait maybe a few years till HT does theirs... well. Up to you.

Yes, but perfection in SW OT is impossible to achieve. Everything is asymmetrical and messed up... no product will come out without at least a small idealization: just look at how many people complained about Vader cheeks not knowing how the prop really looks.
That’s what I’m saying. Not perfect. So how much imperfection you can live with is up to you. And since HT hasn’t even remotely revealed that they are doing a scout (if I were them I would wait since the market for it is pretty exhausted now that SSC is doing the second batch) you have the choice of this one or wait maybe a few years till HT does theirs... well. Up to you.

Yes, but perfection in SW OT is impossible to achieve. Everything is asymmetrical and messed up... no product will come out without at least a small idealization: just look at how many people complained about Vader cheeks not knowing how the prop really looks.

Exactly! That’s what I said in my first post. The costumes were hand made and in cases where you have several troopers for instance they will differ a bit. So by the end of the day - are the imperfections something you can live with and do you like the presence of the figure? ...he should probably make up his own mind instead of asking people to tell him what to do.

My gut feeling is any HT Scout will be dependent on their strategy going forward with Endor Luke and Leia which seems a bit up in the air right now. If those figs go up for PO, I'd say that will be the time we see a Scout. Kinda like the Emperors Guards hit with Jedi Luke and the Emperor.

My gut feeling is any HT Scout will be dependent on their strategy going forward with Endor Luke and Leia which seems a bit up in the air right now. If those figs go up for PO, I'd say that will be the time we see a Scout. Kinda like the Emperors Guards hit with Jedi Luke and the Emperor.

Yes sounds plausible. But wouldn’t it be a waste for a company with such a relatively small customer basis to go with characters that have just been released from another company that they even have business relations with? ...I would presume they would wait a while and focus on other characters for the time being as there are so many to go for. And HT even used a SSC Tie pilot in their Tie fighter display. It’s like they assume that people collect both - and most of us do... But I might be wrong. Endor Luke and Leia have already been shown and maybe they kind of need to do the scout then... dunno.

It must be the most popular trooper figure left for them to do, so with the ST figures not selling you'd think this would be a no brainer in the next few years.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It must be the most popular trooper figure left for them to do, so with the ST figures not selling you'd think this would be a no brainer in the next few years.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

No doubt they will do it... eventually. But I personally couldn’t wait that long to see if I like it better ;-)

There’s nothing about the SSC TIE Pilot and AT-AT driver that tells me I needed to wait for HT versions... I’m actually going to order the Snowtrooper Commander as I don’t think HT are going to release theirs and I’ve seen some great in hand shots of the SSC version. I think I’m probably going to order the SSC Scout figure at some point too.

Back