1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[sour grapes].. I don't have space to display the bike anyways[/sour grapes]

If I bought it, I could display it on the pillow where my wife would normally rest her head while she's sleeping. It would be empty by that time after all. ;)

If I bought it, I could display it on the pillow where my wife would normally rest her head while she's sleeping. It would be empty by that time after all. ;)

My girlfriend tolerates Imperial ground troops...HATES the Probe Droid...I'm not sure how badly she'd react to a 1/6 scale speeder bike. Not entirely sure I want to find out. :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ex Rifle would stay in the box... so I will get the regular.

Still undecided but I'm inclined to agree with you. If I really wanted to display it non-canon style with a long gun I'd either use a 1/6 sniper rifle or a DLT-19. Don't love the look of the Ex rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im glad we got Deluxe Vader when we did. Id imagine he would cost $350-$400 in comparison to these prices if released in 2015?

I remember the big old pill I swallowed pre-ordering him last year.

P.s. we should start a thread complaining about prices and lack of freebees.

Heck even U2 gave their new album away for free! lol

Depending on source, specs range from 10ft to 14ft. According to Star Wars Wiki it can even go up to 16ft.

This blueprint (if it was built to this) would mean the body should be around 13" in 1/6. Hasbro bike body is 13 3/4" long.

The Hasbro bike's front forks are at least 1" too long, making the whole bike too long by 2-3 inches.

r1nbr5.png

Pre-ordered this figure...
I mean, I love the Scout trooper but I don't see too much more in this figure than the deluxe clones released this year.
Love the figure, don't understand the pricing. And not going for speeder bike.

I PO'd the exclusive Scout. Probably won't use the rifle, at least not with him. Maybe use it for another custom. I'm also passing on the bike. Very nice piece, but too rich for my blood. $200...sure. $250...maybe. $300+tax, shipping, duty=No way. The Hasbro will have to do.

Just in looking at the Hasbro bike in hand, I do think people are underestimating how truly large and impressive the SSC bike will be.

The Probe Droid is a big piece in hand but the speeder bike could easily be a very impressive centerpiece display.

Maybe SSC really should have had it come with a large (1' by 2') forest display base to really hit that home but maybe that would have detracted from just the bike.

I really wish it had been in the $250 range. I'm sticking with the Hasbro for now, but I haven't entirely ruled out the SSC bike.

Well said, TaliBane. My experience is a lot of collectors underestimated both the E-Webb and Probot, and they are magnificent in-hand. I don't feel cheated out of a dollar w/either of them. Sure I will feel the same with the Speeder Bike. Hooray for being able to buy iconic OT stuff, I say!

Well said, TaliBane. My experience is a lot of collectors underestimated both the E-Webb and Probot, and they are magnificent in-hand. I don't feel cheated out of a dollar w/either of them. Sure I will feel the same with the Speeder Bike. Hooray for being able to buy iconic OT stuff, I say!

:exactly::goodpost:

+1

Back