1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's considerably smaller than the Hasbro. Hasbro one is 24" long

Didn't even notice that. These are supposed to be 14 ft speeders, right? Another reason I can't wait to see comparison shots.

Didn't even notice that. These are supposed to be 14 ft speeders, right? Another reason I can't wait to see comparison shots.

20" at 1:6 scale would make it 10ft long. Anyone know what the actual length of the real one is? 14ft would put it at 28" in 1:6. That's huge!

Went for the bundle too...can't have the Scout w/o his ride!

Sideshow has always rocked with the Imperials...the Snow Trooper is still one of my favorites (still kicking myself for not getting the cannon)....the Sandtrooper and Dewback are just show-stoppers on display...and the recent "Probot"...so well-rendered and cool to manipulate, stare a bit, then manipulate again! Can't wait to get some snaps of it in the snow later this winter.

And this set's hitting in July...how cool is that from some green outdoor pics?

Some are grousing about the price and yes, it's getting expensive to pick this stuff up...everything's more these days. Looking at the latest offerings from Hot Toys, heck, now there's some scary prices!

But while costs have risen over the last few years, the quality hasn't declined...if anything, it's rising too. One of the main attractions of this stuff to me is noticing the great engineering and choices of materials that go into making these pieces. The deco has improved greatly along with the sculpting/molding quality.

It's easy being a long-time collector to fall into a jaded, "seen that/had that already" attitude...for me, it's much more fun to focus less on the price and more on what I'm getting if I can (or choose to) pay it. There's nothing like that "wow" moment, sliding that shipper off a new boxed figure/piece, putting it on display and marveling over how cool it looks...

Next summer, I'm anxiously awaiting the opportunity to do that with this agent of the Empire and his speedy mechanical mount!

Of course it is. So the real price of the Trooper is $169.99. I think that's a fine price.

I already used the coupon on Hoth Luke. So no - Scout was $189.99.

And no, that's not fine.

Even before shipping, it's $45 more than I paid for the Snowie.

Snow Trooper is still one of my favorites (still kicking myself for not getting the cannon).

I regret it too, but it would have meant another two snowies and a huge display, so I'm sort of glad I didn't (one snowie just doesn't work with the cannon.)

This Biker and bike will be a pretty big display as well.

No, you can't use this month's coupon yet. You wait two months, then you cancel and reorder with the coupon and save $20.

Jeez, this is one step above grannies with clipped coupons.:rotfl

See what these prices have reduced us to?

100103-scout-trooper-012.jpg

awesome weathering on the boots. If the overall weathering comes out as good as the photos that will take a bit of the sting out of the price. :pray:

Went for the bundle too...can't have the Scout w/o his ride!

Sideshow has always rocked with the Imperials...the Snow Trooper is still one of my favorites (still kicking myself for not getting the cannon)....the Sandtrooper and Dewback are just show-stoppers on display...and the recent "Probot"...so well-rendered and cool to manipulate, stare a bit, then manipulate again! Can't wait to get some snaps of it in the snow later this winter.

And this set's hitting in July...how cool is that from some green outdoor pics?

Some are grousing about the price and yes, it's getting expensive to pick this stuff up...everything's more these days. Looking at the latest offerings from Hot Toys, heck, now there's some scary prices!

But while costs have risen over the last few years, the quality hasn't declined...if anything, it's rising too. One of the main attractions of this stuff to me is noticing the great engineering and choices of materials that go into making these pieces. The deco has improved greatly along with the sculpting/molding quality.

It's easy being a long-time collector to fall into a jaded, "seen that/had that already" attitude...for me, it's much more fun to focus less on the price and more on what I'm getting if I can (or choose to) pay it. There's nothing like that "wow" moment, sliding that shipper off a new boxed figure/piece, putting it on display and marveling over how cool it looks...

Next summer, I'm anxiously awaiting the opportunity to do that with this agent of the Empire and his speedy mechanical mount!
Well said, jb.

If the overall weathering comes out as good as the photos that will take a bit of the sting out of the price. :pray:
Yeah, agreed, barryo. Definitely one of the things I took note of when viewing the pics is how nice the weathering came out (especially on the boots -- kinda wish Grievous' marbling was as pronounced).

You sure you're not Pixelpiper? You two sound the same.

No. I am not getting that closet with you guys.:lol

awesome weathering on the boots. If the overall weathering comes out as good as the photos that will take a bit of the sting out of the price. :pray:

It does look incredible - but as you say, hopefully it survives the jump from proto to production piece.

Back