Sideshow Star Wars Backlash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
buzzybean said:
... I'd probably buy Queen Amidala figures if they were released in all of her different royal gowns. Those were visually striking.BB

I can highly recommend the Hasbro versions of Queen Amidala. Yes, I said Hasbro. Their collector series of her in the black gown and in the orange/red gown are beautifully detailed and incomparable to their regular 12" line. Simply the best that they have come out with.

You could also take the point of view that complaining is a good thing, or at least it is to be expected. If I was new to Sideshow, and their ways, I would see their product and want it. Then because I have become ingrained in the mass marketing rut, I would complain for all the reasons they have. They just have to come to grips with what collecting is, and the nature of these collectibles. They need to be open minded enough to understand these unfamiliar concepts.

I think, as the newer collectors to Sideshow products, hear the great reviews these figures will get, they will bend to the obvious pinnacle these figures represent. Change takes time to adjust to, and so Sideshow will have converts anew, making it even harder for the rest of us.

FlyAndFight said:
I can highly recommend the Hasbro versions of Queen Amidala. Yes, I said Hasbro. Their collector series of her in the black gown and in the orange/red gown are beautifully detailed and incomparable to their regular 12" line. Simply the best that they have come out with.

I've got these. Was thinking of changing out the body and repainting the eyes. Hmmmm.

creecher said:
You could also take the point of view that complaining is a good thing, or at least it is to be expected. If I was new to Sideshow, and their ways, I would see their product and want it. Then because I have become ingrained in the mass marketing rut, I would complain for all the reasons they have. They just have to come to grips with what collecting is, and the nature of these collectibles. They need to be open minded enough to understand these unfamiliar concepts.

I think, as the newer collectors to Sideshow products, hear the great reviews these figures will get, they will bend to the obvious pinnacle these figures represent. Change takes time to adjust to, and so Sideshow will have converts anew, making it even harder for the rest of us.

I'm a convert, once I saw Kit Fisto I knew I wanted it, I hadn't been paying much attention to the line but Fisto made me take a closer look. It wasn't a problem that I had to get online at a certain time to get the exclusive edition, in fact, it was kind of fun. For me there wasn't a problem with understanding the process of collecting, if I want it and I have the money, I need to do what's neccessary to get it. If people are mad because they 'miss out' or the 'price is too high' then obviously they aren't dedicated enough and really shouldn't be buying it anyway. So yeah, everyone is just strange and have weird reasons for being...weird.

Back