Sideshow Star Wars Backlash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you guys think I would get ostracized if I went on one of the Star Wars forums and asked how many Oscars Revenge of the Sith won because Lord of the Rings part III won a record 11. :p :D :naughty

Fritz said:
Do you guys think I would get ostracized if I went on one of the Star Wars forums and asked how many Oscars Revenge of the Sith won because Lord of the Rings part III won a record 11. :p :D :naughty

Probably but I'd laugh my ass off reading it.

Huh, well I think you guys here are nothing but a bunch of SS suck-ups with more money than sense and too much time alone in darkened rooms... If you don't think releasing a tiny amount of Exclusives JUST to suckle on the cash cow of Star Wars doesn't suck BIG TIME then I feel for ya, I truly do... Man, I'm a TRUE Star Wars fan from back in the day and let me tell you, I KNOW EVERYTHING there is to know about the series... Hell, I OWN a Bespin Ice Cream Guy... Ya Boo, you smell like poo... And another thing, if SS thinks they'll getting my business again, well... well, they're right man, but only cause I'm FORCED to buy this crap, y'know? My collection's like THE BEST and will remain so till the end... THE END... HEAR ME!!!! wORD...

KrisSolo said:
Huh, well I think you guys here are nothing but a bunch of SS suck-ups with more money than sense and too much time alone in darkened rooms... If you don't think releasing a tiny amount of Exclusives JUST to suckle on the cash cow of Star Wars doesn't suck BIG TIME then I feel for ya, I truly do... Man, I'm a TRUE Star Wars fan from back in the day and let me tell you, I KNOW EVERYTHING there is to know about the series... Hell, I OWN a Bespin Ice Cream Guy... Ya Boo, you smell like poo... And another thing, if SS thinks they'll getting my business again, well... well, they're right man, but only cause I'm FORCED to buy this crap, y'know? My collection's like THE BEST and will remain so till the end... THE END... HEAR ME!!!! wORD...

Oh man thats funny. I almost choked on my coffee this morning reading this.
Sooo true too. :)

KrisSolo said:

Fo Shizzle My Nizzle.:cool:

KrisSolo said:
Ask Hasbro for a refund for all the crap they have put out for years (i.e. their 12" line) or sell the junk on ebay to buy the better quaility and sculpt items from SS. Or avoid SS and stick with Hasbro since they are more affordable and cheaper quality.

Everyone has a different perspective on exclusives and limited editions. I'm one of the many people who wasn't happy with the way the SDCC exclusives were handled a couple of years ago that Dave mentioned. Last time I recall moaning about toys on the board. Unlike Dave though, I still think SSC made a mess of it. But they corrected the problems for the most part the following year for attendees and non-attendees alike and I appreciate that. SSC does the best they can by the collectors and you can't guarantee everyone is going to be happy.
Some people are going to complain for the sake of complaining, some have reasons that for them are completely valid though they may not effect many others, and still others are upset anytime anything changes, and they are going to find that nasty old gray cloud surrounding that lovely silver lining no matter what. This stuff always dies down once they get used to the way things are going to be. And when the first SSC SW figures actually arrive they will become the object of disscussion rather than corporate politics and licensing issues or edition sizes and all the other stuff we have so little to do with as collectors. They just need something else to discuss.

It's just because people are lazy and they don't want to put forth the effort to get the figures. They expect they can just get a figure any time they want to and when it's like "What? I have to get on the internet a 10:00 to order a figure? To hell with that! I Protest!" And the SDCC exclusive, the reason it's an exclusive is to get people to go to SDCC, not just to make a super exclusive figure, in fact they are doing people a favor by putting some of them online at all.
As for price---you pay for what you get, The price really isn't that bad, I've seen some really old crappy Darth Vader 12" figures that were being sold for like $200 at a flea market, oh well then. Right now, these figures (in extremely good quality) are being sold for about $50. In fact, they change the price for them when they might not have as much accessories as other, like Mace, he was $49.99 with the exclusive, because he didn't have as much as others. They could have just put every figure at $54.99 like regular companies would. And they could have made you pay more for the exclusive edition, (Han Solo is the exception, the Mynock is so large that it means more work to put it in the box). Besides that, the people who get these figures aren't rich. Me for example, I've got Kit, Han, and Mace on pre-order and I work at Albertsons making $5.45 an hour at about 16 hours a week, yet I could still get the figures.

wow, this was a longer post than I anticipated.

No, not really I only get 5% off, and I'm not even old enough to buy booze. But I do get to straighten all of the wine and beer bottles:monkey5

I hate Albertsons, I hope someone snipes the propane tanks sitting out front.:naughty

darthviper107 said:
It's just because people are lazy and they don't want to put forth the effort to get the figures. They expect they can just get a figure any time they want to and when it's like "What? I have to get on the internet a 10:00 to order a figure? To hell with that! I Protest!"

I think there's two valid complaints that the haters have. You've nailed one of them. I don't think a desire to be able to hold in your hands, look at it at the store and then decide at your leisure whether you're going to add something to your collection is a lazy one (I believe for some people it's a ritual), but the inability to do so is a valid complaint. And being forced to log on-line during a work day at exactly 10:00 is only insult to injury.

The other is being excluded. Some of these people are diehard Star Wars collectors who, I'm sure, feel that that they have done their part for the hobby who now feel unfairly shut out.

Mind you, I'm not making these arguments myself here. I cheered the announcement and am willing to jump through hoops to get the figures. But I respect the haters' arguement.

If you can't afford to be in the game playah, get in another one...college. With the 411 and a D-gree, you'll earn the bones to buy yo bling and it'll all be good dog! Peace out!:cool:

customizerwannabe said:
If you can't afford to be in the game playah, get in another one...college. With the 411 and a D-gree, you'll earn the bones to buy yo bling and it'll all be good dog! Peace out!:cool:

Yo stealin' my fro, bro? :cool:

Back