Sideshow Spider-Man Comiquette (2010)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Spider-Man Comiquette

I am not going to get into it with the seller on this board. All I'm saying is the statue can only be attached one way and it does not sit flush with the base. I have asked for advice and so far no post came up saying that one could put it in wrong. Paying this kind of money and not being 100% satisfied is not acceptable for me.

And refunding $ after I fulfill all of my obligations is not acceptable to me. You are right, the board is no place for this discussion. This will be my last post on the subject. Just thought people should be able to judge for themselves.

I am not going to get into it with the seller on this board. All I'm saying is the statue can only be attached one way and it does not sit flush with the base. I have asked for advice and so far no post came up saying that one could put it in wrong. Paying this kind of money and not being 100% satisfied is not acceptable for me.

I find that if I lined up the bottom peg first, then the hand, and then just kind of let him slide down and into position it works best. Other then that I have no other advice.

I find that if I lined up the bottom peg first, then the hand, and then just kind of let him slide down and into position it works best. Other then that I have no other advice.

That is what I found too, lining up the peg first allows the statue to just fall into place.

Hey guys, any specific things i should be looking at, in terms of fakes out there? , i have the opportunity in buying this piece. Just want to make sure I cover myself.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

thanks
A

No, the leg peg was always flush. The left hand is not flush and right leg should be resting against the wall display/base, which it is not. I was just agreeing with Spidey976 on how I use the same method to insert the statue to the base.

Sucks that your Spidey is not satisfactory...it's such a great piece. You may be able to sand/grind down the peg on the left hand to get it to sit flush into the slot...but, you may be better off sending it back for a refund. You don't want to try something on it, then be stuck with it if it didn't work.

Sucks that your Spidey is not satisfactory...it's such a great piece. You may be able to sand/grind down the peg on the left hand to get it to sit flush into the slot...but, you may be better off sending it back for a refund. You don't want to try something on it, then be stuck with it if it didn't work.

Apparently it might have been chipped when thing to get it in the base so sending it back may not be an option.

No, the leg peg was always flush. The left hand is not flush and right leg should be resting against the wall display/base, which it is not. I was just agreeing with Spidey976 on how I use the same method to insert the statue to the base.

Hmmmm... I got nothing for you then m8... Have you heard from Ski???

Hey guys, any specific things i should be looking at, in terms of fakes out there? , i have the opportunity in buying this piece. Just want to make sure I cover myself.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

thanks
A

Well I have only seen ONE even attempt at producing something like this, and it was so GOD AWFULLY done you could never mistake it for the real thing, and I think it was 1/6 scale.... But maybe someone who has been in the game longer cold chime in if I am wrong

Being honest, IF you cant see yourself living without this Com, I would sell some of your other Spidey statues and buy this one... Just because Of the fact that the price on this one is FLYING up. It was $500 or so when I joined the board, and it has basically doubled in price in a little over a year. Guys are getting this and just not letting it go.

I noticed that as well. I collected a few back a 2-3 years ago and then took a break. I started looking again these past months and noticed how crazy the prices have jumped. Not really sure what's behind the drive

I think i'm just going to let this play out until the new comiquette comes out or a reasonable deal comes along.

Everything looks good on the listing photos.

I noticed that as well. I collected a few back a 2-3 years ago and then took a break. I started looking again these past months and noticed how crazy the prices have jumped. Not really sure what's behind the drive

I think i'm just going to let this play out until the new comiquette comes out or a reasonable deal comes along.

The prices won't drop if that's what you're hoping for...

Yeah unless you get really lucky but the price will only rise otherwise.

The new Spidey CQ is stunning so there's always that but it isn't 1/4 but the new movie Spidey PF which is in the works sounds really promising. With it rumoured to be fully cloth which for me would be the ultimate if done right but I am big into my mixed media statues so I would say that :D

Everything looks good on the listing photos.

Listing photos on eBay can be misleading .... Heck I once saw that somene on eBay was using photos from someone's collection thread HERE to sell a piece, and when the Freak was contacted he confirmed that it was NOT his listing. I am not saying that is the case here though. I just know that when I was packaging a piece to sell it internationally I literally took pictures of all the major sitting points and the like with THAT DAYS newspaper so it wasn't argued.

Yeah unless you get really lucky but the price will only rise otherwise.

The new Spidey CQ is stunning so there's always that but it isn't 1/4 but the new movie Spidey PF which is in the works sounds really promising. With it rumoured to be fully cloth which for me would be the ultimate if done right but I am big into my mixed media statues so I would say that :D

The price of this WON'T drop at this point, and if not it won't be a great deal unless you can do some finagling like I did. Mine was literally the product of a four way deal ....lol. As for the new J Scott Com or the new Amazing Spiderman 2 movie PF being so popular the making people turn away from this one, well, the simple fact is this is a fully sculpted dynamic pose by Martin Canale, AND it is bigger then 1/4. If you have seen it in person then you KNOW why guys won't part with it on the cheep. Now I am not saying you can't find deals better then the BIN on EBay, but IMHO you just won't see the value of this one dropping in the future. Not to mention the fact that a lot of guys won't sell for less then they bought it at.

Listing photos on eBay can be misleading .... Heck I once saw that somene on eBay was using photos from someone's collection thread HERE to sell a piece, and when the Freak was contacted he confirmed that it was NOT his listing. I am not saying that is the case here though. I just know that when I was packaging a piece to sell it internationally I literally took pictures of all the major sitting points and the like with THAT DAYS newspaper so it wasn't argued.

Yes they Can be misleading but not when the bottom of the base is shown with the edition number.

My CM Predator photos were used to sell one last year and only last week my Predator LSB pictures appeared on another listing.

Yes they Can be misleading but not when the bottom of the base is shown with the edition number.

My CM Predator photos were used to sell one last year and only last week my Predator LSB pictures appeared on another listing.

Sorry to say all a pic of the base proves is that you have a Spiderman statue. Not that the REST of the pics in your listing are the statue YOU HAVE. Heck maybe you have two and you are trying to off load a defective one. Now I am not saying that is the case here, just that it can happen. Did you report the guys using your pics m8???

The photos were obviously taken in the same environment but yea, he could of had two. I doubt it though.

In both cases I messaged the sellers asking why they were using my photos. Although they offered to remove them I let it go.
Nice to have my pictures appreciated and any potential buyer should always ask if they are pictures of the actual item for sale.

As for reporting it, pointless. I've reported recasts on several occasions and they have never been removed.

Back