Sideshow Sold Out!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
shifty-eyed-dog.gif

Just a quick story. When i saw the hulk-buster comiquette, i thought that it looked great. Way better than the bowen. I just didn't want to spend the 400 for it.

Then it said sold out. I looked on ebay and surprise, its much higher since it sold out. Then its available again on sideshow so i think i should buy it before it sells out again. So here i am, spending the 400 that i originally didn't want to. I liked the statue and am glad i have it, but i wish i didn't spend 400 on it.

If you dont think something is worth the asking price dont buy it. Problem solved.

You know, this belief people seem to have that all waitlists convert is full of malarky. Much to my chagrin, I can name a bunch of piece which didn't convert for me over the past few years. I would LOVE it if more pieces converted... lol.

If you dont think something is worth the asking price dont buy it. Problem solved.
I think a lot of the statues from sideshow are worth the asking price, and i think that some aren't. I got my thor vs loki, and x-men vs. sentinel both for half price directly from sideshow. I think these are great pieces and they weren't extremely high. If you are a collector like me, you want to collect more and more for your collection. You just don't want to spend all your disposable income on it.

I think a lot of the statues from sideshow are worth the asking price, and i think that some aren't. I got my thor vs loki, and x-men vs. sentinel both for half price directly from sideshow. I think these are great pieces and they weren't extremely high. If you are a collector like me, you want to collect more and more for your collection. You just don't want to spend all your disposable income on it.

In my experience, the complaining about prices has rarely resulted in the lowering of prices... lol.
You may be whistling in the wind here.

In my experience, the complaining about prices has rarely resulted in the lowering of prices... lol.
You may be whistling in the wind here.
Your right. I would like to see better discounts though. Free shipping is ok, and the 15 dollars off they have right now on select items is ok. I would like to see like a 30-40 percent off sale. That would definitely get me to buy a couple on my want list.

I agree--Sideshow clearly sold out to Marvel. They should have stayed true to themselves and only released unlicensed stuff. They make me sick.

Haha, i know. I thought that i was making a legitimate point about their sold out status on items that would lead to a discussion, but i guess its better to be sarcastic about it.

I bet you this crowd here doesn't mind the 50% increase in the ES of the Optimus Prime statue?

it is all a game that they play very well. SS knows exactly what they are doing and the company continues to be very profitable because of it. nothing is going to change that unless they actually have real competition.

I feel that their is evidence that they do play this game. Did anyone else get the e-mail saying they could order an exclusive sabretooth but they had to response through the e-mail? Then a few days later its available on the website. Does this strike anyone else as odd?

Whats your point? Are you complainng that wait lists get converted?

And let me say this is worse than your other complaint thread. Did you join here just to complain about everything?

That is his right to complain.Why are you mean to everyone?Moderators should have deleted your post as this is pure impudence!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back