Sideshow Sold Out!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marvelcollector

Freaked Out
Reaction score
It looks like every time sideshow puts up a marvel premium format or comiquette, it always sells out on the first day or shortly after. This wouldn't be a big deal but then i noticed it will reappear when it starts shipping. I know that there are cancellations and so forth, but are they doing this just to get us to get on the wait list?

We don't have much time to consider purchasing the item before it states that its sold out. We think we missed our chance and get on the wait list, and then when its shipping, surprise, guess who's getting a wait list reservation converted to an order.

I've seen them do it with the exclusive for emma forst, gambit, and sabretooth. I wouldn't be surprised if we see it for ms. marvel, she-hulk, and black cat.

Whats your point? Are you complainng that wait lists get converted?

And let me say this is worse than your other complaint thread. Did you join here just to complain about everything?

How is there not enough time to decide before it sells out? Everything gets previewed a week before it goes on sale.

Don't be so defensive about sideshow. I am just pointing out something that i noticed about sideshow. I love it when my wait list reservation got converted to an order, but i didn't like the time in between when i wanted the exclusive and it was only being sold on other sites, including ebay, for a lot more.

I am just saying i noticed this trend, and do you really think they are selling out?

And how dare they convert my wait list I voluntarliy joined :monkey4

They have some nerve. :mad:

Who do they think they are, giving you a chance to buy what you couldn't get when you were too slow to order before it sold out??? Do they think that just because you wanted it, they can just do anything in their power to help you get it???

Arrogant bastards...

Last edited:
Haha, thats funny. I think there just might be more to it than that. Say i have something that your on the fence about. And then i say that it sold out in the first day, but you don't know if i'm telling you the truth or not. You can see it sold out in the first day so people must really want it!

The wait list is available if this sought after piece should just happen to become available, but what if it never sold out to begin with. What if i'm just telling you that to get you to buy it then. Is this possible?

Oh I get it, its not a complaint thread its a conspiracy theory thread :duh.

Re: Daredevil Comiquette

I like the base also but i don't like the pose.

Re: The Silver Sufer Comiquette video review.

I enjoyed the review, but didn't really like that pose of the statue. I think if the bowen silver surfer had more detail, this one would be sitting on sideshows shelfs. I particularly didn't care for the faces, especially the faces.

Re: Olivetti Hulk Comiquette Up for Pre-Order, Links to buy in 1st post!.

I have to say that i hate this pose. Come on sideshow! You can do a better pose than that. Show hulk with a pose that expresses his strength. Remember hulk vs. spider-man. Show us that in a comiquette. This hulk landing business is horrible!

Re: Wolverine PF

I like the pose but i thought that it could have a better exclusive. I don't like the teeth. I hope there is going to be a better wolverine that goes along with the gambit pf.

This guy complained about every marvel statue.. :dunno

Haha, I'm just saying that i noticed this trend. I don't think its a conspiracy, just maybe a selling ploy to get you to buy their product. I love the sideshow statues, especially the premium format Dr. Doom, Red Skull, Abomination, Punisher, and Ms. Marvel. I just think their might be more psychology behind their selling practices.

They are selling to a target audience, who know that the value for their statues has doubled and in some cases tripled in the last four years. We all know this. Taking this into account, maybe using this practice will get more collectors to buy when their product is in fact not selling very well.

Case in point, Hulk vs silver surfer. Hardly no one on ebay wants to sell it for a loss, even though you can get the exclusive for the same price from sideshow.

Wow! I can't believe you are talking about my critiques and not addressing my point what so ever. The tread is about a POSSIBLE business practices and how it relates to the buyer psychology.

No, i was curious to see if anyone else noticed this. I don't think its a big deal even if it is true. I just buy the ones that i really like, and try not to get swayed by the fact that it will probably state its sold out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back