Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only drawback with the soaking method is that you have to do it every time you want to change out the boots from flat standing to an action pose.

Or if you have an abundance of the HT ball pegs you could just replace all your SSC boots with those to save time and effort I suppose.

The only drawback with the soaking method is that you have to do it every time you want to change out the boots from flat standing to an action pose.

Or if you have an abundance of the HT ball pegs you could just replace all your SSC boots with those to save time and effort I suppose.

You just answered you own concern. Several of the part sites sell either the HT or the equivalent knock-off feet pegs for $1-2. So if your porting a figure over with action feet, it would probably be the most affordable part of your custom.

If you can find one for cheaper than $30, Snake Eyes looks way better on the TTA than the Wolverine bod.

Are you 100% sure?
I've been looking through the thread and some of the bigger bodies (Wesker & Blade) seem to look better than the regular TTA. Why wouldn't the muscle body be better? It seems like it should. I actually believe you, I just don't understand why.

Are you 100% sure?
I've been looking through the thread and some of the bigger bodies (Wesker & Blade) seem to look better than the regular TTA. Why wouldn't the muscle body be better? It seems like it should. I actually believe you, I just don't understand why.

I think the Comedian/Wolverine/Royce/Dastan/Thor body looks better. The only drawback is that you loose some arm articulation.

Are you 100% sure?

The Comedian/Wolverine body is all but wasted since it's essentially covered up. It's also a huge hindrance to articulation since it lacks the double jointed elbows (which won't be seen anyway), double joint articulation and bicep articulation. So if you went that route, you'd be paying more for less. Wesker & Blade is essentially the same as the TTA - TrueType Advanced, just slightly taller, which makes SE look a bit out of place. The TTA has normal ankle sockets which give SE that muscular look, but bring his height back down to average.

Did you mistake the TTA for the Narrow-Shouldered Truetype?

I prefer the added articulation of a TTA to a slightly better looking body. Plus, the Comedian/Wolverine/Royce/Dastan/Thor body has funny looking shoulders when they don't have something covering them. The Wesker /Blade or TTA body is really the best for looks and excellent articulation (SE is know for getting into some dynamic poses afterall).

The Comedian/Wolverine body is all but wasted since it's essentially covered up. It's also a huge hindrance to articulation since it lacks the double jointed elbows (which won't be seen anyway), double joint articulation and bicep articulation. So if you went that route, you'd be paying more for less. Wesker & Blade is essentially the same as the TTA - TrueType Advanced, just slightly taller, which makes SE look a bit out of place. The TTA has normal ankle sockets which give SE that muscular look, but bring his height back down to average.

Did you mistake the TTA for the Narrow-Shouldered Truetype?

Your right Nam. I had my SE on the Blade body before the TTA had been released and he did look a bit tall and awkward looking. The TTA made his proportions look just right (except for that damn weak back the TTA have, of course).

Thanks everyone, TTA it is. If he needs more bulk I can sculpt it on.

Don't think more bulk is necessary. Here's Skimunster's on the TTA:

IMG_4715.jpg

I prefer the added articulation of a TTA to a slightly better looking body. Plus, the Comedian/Wolverine/Royce/Dastan/Thor body has funny looking shoulders when they don't have something covering them. The Wesker /Blade or TTA body is really the best for looks and excellent articulation (SE is know for getting into some dynamic poses afterall).

:dunno
picture032c.jpg

If a man's skin can turn blue-green and be considered awesome then it's ok for a commando with ninja training to have a sword.

This quote outs most critiques of the line into proper perspective. :clap

Got my TTA for Snakes, thanks for everyone's input! It does work really great on him.
Was also able to make a custom, I mean bash a version one Snake Eyes with some spare parts. Need to make some mods to his head, either add those slits to the mask or make a face shield :dunno

dscn1605j.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job Mercer. I just switched mine over to the TTM-15. What does everyone do about the neck? Use the SS or the TTA?

Back