Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i didn't like the scrawny-arm look when i got him but i thought the rest of the figure was phenomenal. i'm glad they got bigger bodies now for the figures we've been getting lately. it's a huge improvement for the line.

Here's my updated Snake-Eyes:

snakeeyesk.jpg

Hey guys I just got my first Snake Eyes and I love it,I also want to do the body swap,What body is the best to get for this mod that makes him look the best,,And is there any little tricks I need to know or anything else I need to get..Thanks alot

Hey guys I just got my first Snake Eyes and I love it,I also want to do the body swap,What body is the best to get for this mod that makes him look the best,,And is there any little tricks I need to know or anything else I need to get..Thanks alot

You have 2963 posts to read. Enjoy. :wave

I seem to recall something about the uzi pouches being too tight or ripping. Honestly if you going to collect 1/6, and moreso 1/6 military, then get yourself a couple good pairs of tweezers in varying sizes at the hobby store. It makes life much easier.

If you can find one for cheaper than $30, Snake Eyes looks way better on the TTA than the Wolverine bod.

I've never owned a Hot Toys figure, my biggest concern is will it be able to stand on it's own? Almost all the pics I've ever seen they're always using stands. Can't tell if it's just for precaution or if there's pretty much no point in trying.

I've never owned a Hot Toys figure, my biggest concern is will it be able to stand on it's own? Almost all the pics I've ever seen they're always using stands. Can't tell if it's just for precaution or if there's pretty much no point in trying.

HT's bodies stand better than Sideshow's and it's almost a direct port over.

Port him over. Trust me. You won't regret it. The Obama TTA can be found cheap if you look hard around the net. I got one from monkey depot a few months back for $25

I avoided a lot of possible issues of frustration by simply using the sideshow shins. I only needed to wrap the leg pegs below the knees in some electrical tape.

Gloves come off the pegs pretty slick and you can just snap them on the TT with little effort.

I avoided a lot of possible issues of frustration by simply using the sideshow shins. I only needed to wrap the leg pegs below the knees in some electrical tape.

Gloves come off the pegs pretty slick and you can just snap them on the TT with little effort.

No potential frustrations needed. Boil and dip the boots, extract the pegs and Sideshow's boots work flawlessly with HT's ankle pegs. :wink1:

That works too.
I just get concerned bout ruining the peg though. Either way is pretty easy and both effective.

That works too.
I just get concerned bout ruining the peg though. Either way is pretty easy and both effective.

You won't ruin the pegs. Though the Pro pegs and TT pegs look different, they are the same size when you fit them into the boots. The only thing you really have to worry about is making sure you soak the boots in the water long enough to make them very pliable. It's a pain to pull the pegs out with needle nose pliers if the boots start to cool. Otherwise, you can pop the old pegs out and the new ones in like a dream.

Back