Sideshow Snake Eyes and Timber 1/6th Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Marvel stuff in since Spidey. Hulk is the only one that interests me.

Getting ready for the SS DC onslaught.

I'm beginning to wonder about the exclusive TAD items included with commando Snake-Eyes - the stealth jacket and sweater, the pants, and messenger bag. Is this a new trend with Sideshow 1/6th scale items? Any other Joes or lines that have name brand clothing/accessories? What is the extent of this partnership - does SSC pay licensing or does TAD pay SSC to help advertise its products. This could be problematic or a new way of dual marketing products and collectibles.

I would have preferred SE to be a little more mysterious.

I'm beginning to wonder about the exclusive TAD items included with commando Snake-Eyes - the stealth jacket and sweater, the pants, and messenger bag. Is this a new trend with Sideshow 1/6th scale items? Any other Joes or lines that have name brand clothing/accessories? What is the extent of this partnership - does SSC pay licensing or does TAD pay SSC to help advertise its products. This could be problematic or a new way of dual marketing products and collectibles.

Yeah hopefully we don't start seeing polystone environments of TAD outlet stores so that we can display our Snake Eyes figures out shopping for more commando gear.

:exactly: Next thing you know, the next SE will be a 2-pack w/gay, fashion designer.

The bright side, maybe we can use the designer's beret and glasses to bash an unmasked CC? :yess:

Quick question...

Why does his neck seem to be so long?

I want one of these but the neck area is killing it for me...:(

judging by the pics, it looks like his head is not pushed down all the way onto that neck post.

and if it is one of the longer neck posts like the viper has, it's a simple matter of swapping it with a hot toys neck.

Mines going straight to a TT muscular. Don't care for pro bodies at all.

judging by the pics, it looks like his head is not pushed down all the way onto that neck post.

and if it is one of the longer neck posts like the viper has, it's a simple matter of swapping it with a hot toys neck.

Thanks for the answer. This will be my first G.I. Joe figure so I have no ideal how these work, other I know that you have to put them together somewhat.

Quick question...

Why does his neck seem to be so long?

I want one of these but the neck area is killing it for me...:(

DSC03616.jpg

Read his backstory...he is meant to be a "prequel" version of the Snake-Eyes we know from the first "ninja" version. They mention his history of living in the isolated cabin in the woods and how he befriended Timber. This explains the simpleness of his clothing and the jacket. He is Snake-Eyes before he became a Joe!.

Also, the specs say his clothes are by TAD (Triple Aught Design). He is meant to look like he has been out in the woods in isolation and not on missions - until Cobra arrives at his cabin along with Storm Shadow.

Check out the designs - this is close to SE's jacket:

Stck_6330-A-1024-MT.jpg

Close...I hate to be that guy, but I am a huge Joe geek and read the Marvel RAH series religiously until issue 115 or so. Prior to joining the Joe team, Snake Eyes had not been disfigured yet. Therefore, considering he is wearing his mask, the accident at the training mission happened, and he is a Joe team member.

Additionally, Snake Eyes trained with the Arishakage clan after returning from his tour in Nam, and before he became a member of the Joe team.

A little of both maybe :yess: The time you refer to he wore old military BDU's and a Boony Hat that always shadowed his face, pretty much a variant of the same stuff he was wearing when he served active duty with Stalker and Tommy (StormShadow)

:exactly:

I've noticed that lately SSC's pictures of Joes have been doing a poor job showcasing all the accessories included with their figures.
The Siegie did a better job, but Zartan and Rock 'N Roll didn't even include the loadout pic and now Snake Eyes' loadout pic has several accessories still on the figure and satchel.
It might help sell the figure if we can see just how many mags and grenades that are included and what the Satchel looks like.

I was hoping for a small backpack as well.

If you look at the bottom of the bozes of the Joes that came with it, you'll see the Magpul logo. I'd expect you'll see the TAD logo on the bottom of Snake Eyes' box.

Alright, please answer a question for this arm chair military buff; is this the proper way to store magazines in the mag pouches? On all my figures, I've been placing the mags "top" up (where the bullets would feed into the assault rifle / pistol). Or does it even matter?

Alright, please answer a question for this arm chair military buff; is this the proper way to store magazines in the mag pouches? On all my figures, I've been placing the mags "top" up (where the bullets would feed into the assault rifle / pistol). Or does it even matter?

Yep, for those target plinking armchair operator types of mags (which I think are trendy and not practical in the least as grime gets caught in the "pouch" and you have problems getting clean pulls - imagine proning and having to crawl through brush with that ____ on :monkey1). Keeps the dirt and grime from getting in the magazine. I prefer traditional mag pouches though as you can store them upright and even tuck in the cover for the first pouch for redi-mag access.

Back