Sideshow selling QMx Serenity!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, one of the good things about being hand built to order and not just 1000 arriving from China. That, and with a direct QMx order, you can make some of your own changes and additions to the default configuration.

having bought a cylon raider and experienced their first class after sales support, i would say buy without hesitation.

We need companies like Qmx that pride themselves on their craft to prosper :D

Yeah, the whole artisan concierge service and custom options sound pretty amazing. The fact that you can truly customise some of the stuff on your replica is very, very cool. Talk about a personal touch!

Thanks for your comments, tnaig. Sounds like their service is top notch. And I agree with what you say about Qmx.

You guys are pushing me to the edge...lol...

Browncoats unite :banana

Plus the one thing that tnaig didn't point out, his purchase was from an ebay seller, not even direct from QMx.

UC7, and updates/progress or new pics?

Sorry for the lack of updates. I went through a couple of different magnet sets and think that I have found a thickness + strength that may work. Previously I had only found magnets that were either too bulky or too strong. By layering a thin magnet strip I believe that I may be able to hide the magnet and still get a good hold. I will try this within the next week.

(I wonder if QMx will be at C2E2 this weekend. It would be a great place for them to show off some of their product.)

Hey uc7,
Could you possibly tell me the dimensions of the Jason Palmer Art Print? I want to go ahead and pick up a frame before my BDR arrives, but I haven't been able to find how big the print is.

Browncoats unite :banana

Plus the one thing that tnaig didn't point out, his purchase was from an ebay seller, not even direct from QMx.

Yup. that's the main reason why i'm saving my my $ to get the next ship the put out from BSG :D

Hey uc7,
Could you possibly tell me the dimensions of the Jason Palmer Art Print? I want to go ahead and pick up a frame before my BDR arrives, but I haven't been able to find how big the print is.

The print is about 15 and 3/16" by 11"

The white edges take about 0.5" off each side, so the image itself is about 14" by 10" (but only showing the painted portions would eliminate the print edition number labeled at the bottom.)

Sorry for the lack of updates. I went through a couple of different magnet sets and think that I have found a thickness + strength that may work. Previously I had only found magnets that were either too bulky or too strong. By layering a thin magnet strip I believe that I may be able to hide the magnet and still get a good hold. I will try this within the next week.

All sounding very interesting, looking forward to seeing the results, but I'm starting to think I will just glue them on and be done with it.

Yup. that's the main reason why i'm saving my my $ to get the next ship the put out from BSG :D

That maybe a lot of $, especially if its a Battlestar. Tho on a plus side, I'd say you have plenty of time to save.

sigh.............

yeah....... hoping for good news any day now, especially since another lot got sent out last week.

Mind you, one pre-orders a PF from Sideshow and then you don't see that for 9 months and Serenity is a lot more involved then your average PF......

Hey guru, how early did you order your Serenity? Within the first few days? I'm curious as to how long a wait it will be if I place an order now...gulp...

Qmx charges you immediately once you place the order, correct? It would make sense since these are made-to-order, but that's an awful long time to sit on your money. At least with Sideshow, they don't charge anything until it ships. Of course, it's mass production vs made to order though.

The print is about 15 and 3/16" by 11"

The white edges take about 0.5" off each side, so the image itself is about 14" by 10" (but only showing the painted portions would eliminate the print edition number labeled at the bottom.)

Thank you. I'll probably pick up a frame this weekend. It will sit in the closet for a few months while I wait :( This waiting is rough.

Hey guru, how early did you order your Serenity? Within the first few days? I'm curious as to how long a wait it will be if I place an order now...gulp...

Qmx charges you immediately once you place the order, correct? It would make sense since these are made-to-order, but that's an awful long time to sit on your money. At least with Sideshow, they don't charge anything until it ships. Of course, it's mass production vs made to order though.

Within the first 30mins actually, it was a very very early morning order for me :lol But it was fairly clear at the time that the builds weren't going to start for a bit of time.

You can have QMx charge you right away, or you can have them wait till they are ready to build, so much like Sideshow. With Serenity and if your in the US, you can also go with a payment plan, which will start right away and end depending on how many months you select.

I did go with being charged right away, but that was because I had the money ready and set aside, plus I wanted to take advantage of a very good exchanged rate at the time (which hasn't been better since), just in case things went bad around the exact time the build was going to start and I got charged.

Wow, in the first 30 minutes! You should be one of the early owners of the BDR. Very cool.

Ok, I didn't know you that you could have Qmx wait on the payment. So it is very much like Sideshow. I think if I get it, I'll
pay upfront as well. Just so I don't end up spending that money, lol.

Wow, in the first 30 minutes! You should be one of the early owners of the BDR. Very cool.

Ok, I didn't know you that you could have Qmx wait on the payment. So it is very much like Sideshow. I think if I get it, I'll
pay upfront as well. Just so I don't end up spending that money, lol.

If you send an e-mail to QMx ([email protected]) they can probably give you and estimate as to when they would start construction on yours, if you would order.

The mule kit will be very cheap - I believe they were talking about under $200.

But perhaps our QMx rep can clarify...

My edition number ended up being 115 and they are allocated based on the time one ordered. Tho I think the first 20 or so numbers may already have been set aside.

Even so, I'm not in the first production batch and they make around 20 at a time.

Back