Sideshow selling QMx Serenity!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guru, if you got it in the first 30 minutes and got number 115, I wonder how many of these things they have sold?!:google

Well, the big news is: I preordered mine!! :fireworks

By far the most expensive collectible I've ever picked up but I think it will be well worth it. I've scoured the net for all the info on the BDR and after chatting with you all here, my fate was pretty much sealed, lol.

Ok, let the excruciating wait begin!:rock

Welcome to the club comicboy :banana At this rate, soon will we have a whole fleet of Firefly's.

No way to know for sure how many have been pre-ordered, but in theory, you should soon be told what edition number you'll get, so that will give us a fairly good clue.

Lets start a pool and see who's gets closest, I'm going to go for #278.

It's the most expensive collectible I've ever purchased and will likely stay that way, this always was going to be a one off I suspect. Still, I've spent more on a computer (more then once) and it's not like they hold their value :lol

yes, the wait, it slowly gets more and more painful :banghead

My edition number ended up being 115 and they are allocated based on the time one ordered. Tho I think the first 20 or so numbers may already have been set aside.

Even so, I'm not in the first production batch and they make around 20 at a time.

You must have clicked submit just a few seconds before I did. I'm #118.

I'm putting my bet on comicboy getting #489. No idea how I came up with that number. Just a guess.

Thanks, guru! Glad to be part of the club!:rock2

Yeah, I can't wait to see what number I get. As soon as I find out, I'll post it up. I don't know if I want the number that boochydog quoted though...:lol

Although the wait is brutal, it will be well worth it when it finally shows up! I look forward to new pics when they start landing.

Ok, now who here is up for the Enterprise?:naughty

You must have clicked submit just a few seconds before I did. I'm #118.

yup, just got in before you, with a couple others in-between. But then for for me, the pre-order was bloody early in the morning. I had to wake up in time (which I didn't, overslept for around 15min) and was sitting up in bed using my ipod touch to place the order. It went pretty smooth, but even so, would have been quicker with a proper PC and mouse.

Yeah, I can't wait to see what number I get. As soon as I find out, I'll post it up. I don't know if I want the number that boochydog quoted though...:lol

Well, someone has to get 666 :lol but seriously I will be totally surprised if that many have sold already.

As cool as the Enterprise would be, even if I could afford it, I'd have no where to put it, I think it will be around twice the size of Serenity. So one will have to be my limit.

Thanks, guru! Glad to be part of the club!:rock2

Although the wait is brutal, it will be well worth it when it finally shows up! I look forward to new pics when they start landing.

congrats! :fireworks

you won't be disappointed :D

Thanks, tnaig! :banana

guru: The enterprise is one big space eater -- I need another job and a new house.:lol

Man, after watching the vids, I love all the various types of lights that are on the Serenity. And the remote for it is too cool. What a fantastic ship!

Thanks CB. Turns out that 'within a week' ended up being within a day.
I got a new email this morning to say that construction has started, so 2-3 weeks before she is ready to fly.

Thanks CB. Turns out that 'within a week' ended up being within a day.
I got a new email this morning to say that construction has started, so 2-3 weeks before she is ready to fly.

Wow, congrats big time!!!!!
I still have a little while before mine moves into the hanger. It's mixed emotions, I want it now, but I also want them to take their time and not rush it.

It's mixed emotions, I want it now, but I also want them to take their time and not rush it.

Funny you should say that. Within a day, this will of course mark 6 months from my initial order. But like I've said, the average PF from Sideshow takes around 9 months, so we are doing well.

Wow, I just got the "your Serenity is in the Queue" email. They will start construction soon. A document they had attached stated that construction takes 2-3 weeks. :banana:banana:banana

So I guess #118 will be landing home in a little over a month.

Oh yeah, one thing of note. They are using pegs now to attach the reactor doors instead of those unsightly screws.

Oh yeah, one thing of note. They are using pegs now to attach the reactor doors instead of those unsightly screws.

Yeah, I noticed the pics of that, which is a very nice solution, makes it easy to put together and does away with the ugly screws.

So basically your a week or so behind me, the race is on :naughty

So comicboy, any news on what edition number you got?

Congrats, Yama! Awesome news!

Hey guru, you should be getting your BDR soon. How exciting! I can't wait to hear your impressions once it arrives.

No news on my number yet. I'll send them an e-mail and see if I can find out. I'll keep you posted!

No news on my number yet. I'll send them an e-mail and see if I can find out. I'll keep you posted!

With luck you'll find out this week. I know it doesn't really matter in the end, but it's still going to be very interesting to see how many have been sold so far.

i just received another update on mine - apparently, it is getting close to Stage 1 and QMx wants to confirm my options. i do like the forms now included with the e-mail - it makes everything easier to identify. however, i am pretty sure i explained my option choices already a few months ago...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi BDR Concierge Customer!

You are currently two batch groups away from going into Stage One of Building Your Serenity. Here are those stages I just mentioned:

"Ship Is In Queue" - next in line to begin the building stage. (1 - 2 week process)
"Build Stage" - Ship is being built. (2 - 3 week process)
"Preparing for Flight" - ship is on its way to you. (1 - 2 week process, according to shipping method chosen)

I will email you as soon as your Big Damn Replica goes into Stage One.

I need you to fill out the following attached form and return it to me as soon as possible, in order to prep your BDR for the In Queue and Build Stage. The most important part of this process is ensuring that we build your Replica to your exact specifications.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great day!
Beth

--
Beth Nelson
Customer Service Manager
Event Manager, Product Manager
Quantum Mechanix Inc.
www.qmxonline.com
[email protected]

Congrats boochydog!!!! :clap
Hopefully you'll have better luck than I'm having. I got a similar email over two weeks ago and they still haven't started building mine. I sent Beth a courteous email asking if there was an update on my status (since we were past the "typical" two weeks) and she basically replied with "you'll get an email when we start building".
Really? I just spent $2000 on a replica and you can't even take the time to find the status of my build?

Anyways, enough of my complaining. Hopefully mine is an isolated case and everyone else is having really good luck. I'm sure I'll forget all about it when I have my BDR sitting here. :hi5:

Last edited:
Back