Sideshow SDCC Thread June 25th - July 12th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far the Mondo TMNT are of strong interest, and I'm curious about Sonja. Black Spidey a possibility, but not sure that's worth $400 to me.

So far the Mondo TMNT are of strong interest, and I'm curious about Sonja. Black Spidey a possibility, but not sure that's worth $400 to me.

Then he definitely won't be worth the $470+ that he'll actually cost! :lol

As I mentioned in the Sonja thread, she'll be tempting -- as was the first -- but it's so scary with how much changed during production with her. She would've been so much better with the pale skin she was promoted with, over the tanned ashy look that she ended up with. Still really interested in seeing the reveal, but that'd be incredibly disappointing if they did that again.

So on the other Forum Alex said that a/more Batman related PF(s) will be revealed at the Con but she did not say what they were. Now this could just be the DKR PF and the Red Son PF but both those were previously shown so I'm hoping for something completely new and comic related. Really hoping for either Nightwing or Robin but we'll see.

I know Prime 1 has Nightwing on deck for their 1/3 line from Arkham, and it's always confused me how little respect he gets in general. I love Grayson, and would love to see a great Nightwing PF made; I just don't believe it'll happen any time soon. Same with Robin. Then you'd have to figure which Robin they'd go with: Do you go with Drake, or do you skip right ahead to Damian?

The Batman universe is so deep that I'm surprised they don't just keep digging into it. There are so many great rogues, and partners that he has...and if you want to skip that, and just stick with ladies to try and make more sales, you've got Huntress, Black Canary, Zatanna...and who wouldn't want an awesome Talia al Ghul?

I'm just surprised that this well isn't tapped much more often.

preview_AshFigure.jpg

As I mentioned in the Sonja thread, she'll be tempting -- as was the first -- but it's so scary with how much changed during production with her. She would've been so much better with the pale skin she was promoted with, over the tanned ashy look that she ended up with. Still really interested in seeing the reveal, but that'd be incredibly disappointing if they did that again.

I know Prime 1 has Nightwing on deck for their 1/3 line from Arkham, and it's always confused me how little respect he gets in general. I love Grayson, and would love to see a great Nightwing PF made; I just don't believe it'll happen any time soon. Same with Robin. Then you'd have to figure which Robin they'd go with: Do you go with Drake, or do you skip right ahead to Damian?

The Batman universe is so deep that I'm surprised they don't just keep digging into it. There are so many great rogues, and partners that he has...and if you want to skip that, and just stick with ladies to try and make more sales, you've got Huntress, Black Canary, Zatanna...and who wouldn't want an awesome Talia al Ghul?

I'm just surprised that this well isn't tapped much more often.
Nightwing is a yes, Tim Robin is a yes...eff Damian [emoji38]

I'm interested in seeing this Punisher figure, but Sideshow isn't exactly lighting the place on fire when it comes to actually getting their Marvel and DC figures up for preorder. Might get this in-hand in 2-2 1/2 years?

Nightwing is a yes, Tim Robin is a yes...eff Damian [emoji38]

:lol Damian was annoying for his Morrison run quite often -- which is kinda funny since Morrison made him. But the Batman & Robin series by Peter J. Tomasi was SUPERB while Batman was missing. It was Grayson (taking on the cowl) and Damian and their dynamic was great. I guess you could say they were a dynamic duo.

self-five.gif

But I agree, he'd be the last one I'd like to see with a statue. And it'd only really work as a combo statue with a Batman. In my eyes, at least. But Nightwing would be great! I'd love that. I know Prime 1 will likely be doing one from Arkham Knight, but I'm still unsure about his mask in that one. I like his single eye mask over the face being partially covered. That's an entirely different size and price point though, so yes, Grayson would just be great in general from Sideshow.

I'm interested in seeing this Punisher figure, but Sideshow isn't exactly lighting the place on fire when it comes to actually getting their Marvel and DC figures up for preorder. Might get this in-hand in 2-2 1/2 years?

I think it could look cool, but sometimes Sideshow's 1/6th figures look more like they're wearing pajamas of their outfits over actual suits. Their Deadpool was like that...I was instantly turned off, and he's one of my favourite characters without question. It just looked odd, especially since his head was plastic.

100178-deadpool-002.jpg

With the new movie coming out (which NAILS the suit! Have you seen the latest Entertainment Weekly cover?)

deadpool3-450x600.jpg

That'll be the version to get!!

That all said, Punisher COULD come out better! I'm guessing the outfit will be the same sort of puffier looking suit than tight gear, but at least he's got a headsculpt that isn't supposed to match the outfit and doesn't! I could see him being one that's pulled off well...if he's pulled off well! :lol

Then he definitely won't be worth the $470+ that he'll actually cost! :lol

Yuck. Didn't realize that it had already crept to that price point. I remember paying $200 each for my TMNT statues, my first Sideshow pieces. The prices have just blown up over the past year or so.

The market exists for it, though. The giant ARH pieces are successful at $700+, and some of the PCS stuff is getting up there, too. Until the sales cool down, these companies are going to keep pushing the prices, and really it's hard to blame them.

Yuck. Didn't realize that it had already crept to that price point. I remember paying $200 each for my TMNT statues, my first Sideshow pieces. The prices have just blown up over the past year or so.

The market exists for it, though. The giant ARH pieces are successful at $700+, and some of the PCS stuff is getting up there, too. Until the sales cool down, these companies are going to keep pushing the prices, and really it's hard to blame them.

Yeah, prices have gone up all around, but that's an issue that's discussed about every other thread here! :lol The average Sideshow statue costs $450-$470 now...and it's rare to find them at $450! I won't bring XM into the conversation, as they're another category now that it takes so much of a workaround to get'm here, so that ups the prices even more. But Prime 1 is still up there with pieces around $1000, and PCS as well. ARH is up there too. So yeah, it's gotten to be a pricey hobby for sure!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again (Turtle reference!), gone are the days of buying anything that just looks cool, as we've now entered the age of being incredibly selective -- if you can control yourself! :lol

Its July 7 already, shouldn't there be pics of statues and stuff from SDCC?

Preview night is this Thursday! So pictures will start circulating late Thursday evening, I believe! Well, East Coast, at least. But Thursday evening regardless!

Yeah, prices have gone up all around, but that's an issue that's discussed about every other thread here! [emoji38] The average Sideshow statue costs $450-$470 now...and it's rare to find them at $450! I won't bring XM into the conversation, as they're another category now that it takes so much of a workaround to get'm here, so that ups the prices even more. But Prime 1 is still up there with pieces around $1000, and PCS as well. ARH is up there too. So yeah, it's gotten to be a pricey hobby for sure!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again (Turtle reference!), gone are the days of buying anything that just looks cool, as we've now entered the age of being incredibly selective -- if you can control yourself! [emoji38]

Preview night is this Thursday! So pictures will start circulating late Thursday evening, I believe! Well, East Coast, at least. But Thursday evening regardless!
Wednesday :)

Back