Sideshow SDCC Thread June 25th - July 12th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far this SDCC

MUST HAVE'S:

2535209-0320997951-nvbdz.gif

The stuff I want was already previewed before SDCC.

Nothing wrong with that. In fact, while I LOVE the things I want to get from SDCC, I would've been just as happy had that tumbleweed belonged to me. I've got more than enough pricey pieces (mainly Prime 1 Catwoman/Harley) in the not so distant future that I'd like to order, so knocking things off the desired PO list is always a bonus.

That said, I'm still incredibly happy that Red Sonja turned out the way she did, and that Masters of the Universe delivered as expected! :yess:

Anyone seen anything on the Goodsmile TMNT statues? I can't even find a thread about them on this whole site. The search just comes back with nothing.

Okay, so I ordered Maria Hill. I think she looks fantastic, and the odds of another are slim to nil, so that basically made my mind up for me. I'll stand by that she was $20 too much, and should've came with a few more accessories -- even if they didn't have to do with her character -- but alas, it is what it is. Like all aspects of this hobby now with rising costs, it'll just make me more particular as to what I purchase.

SO...what do I know I want moving forward? Red Sonja is a guarantee. She's just too good, and I have complete faith that a worthy representation of the proto will be delivered to us in the end. After seeing how STUNNING Prime 1 Arkham Knight Batman looks, I'm more than thrilled that I made that order on day one. It's also really pushed me to believe that Catwoman and Harley will turn out fantastic, so those two are really high on my list right now. If the price is right (which, according to Prime 1, it should be) and the sculpts come out well, then I'll figure out a way to make it work for those two.

The surprises from SDCC would be Masters of the Universe. I knew they'd be awesome from the teaser, but I had that feeling of, "There's so much else on deck right now, that you have to make choices." I didn't want to get into that line, but I'll say that if they're priced right, I'll bite. They're just so good, and I think the amount of detail the pair will end up having will be great.

So while there are caveats to the pieces I'd like, I'd say I've got a pretty solid lineup on deck if it all comes to fruition the way I hope! The key will be saving as much as possible from now until 2016 when all these start shipping, so that if things turn out how I hope, I'm ready upon delivery!

And this are just major purchases...this isn't mentioning various Bishoujo figures, and the ArtFX Flash, as well as the Hulkbuster/Hulk combo I've got on the way from Koto! Where's my willpower, dammit?! :lol

tumblr_ncn7owRgh01rbc9h1o1_500.gif

Wallet.jpg

My foreseeable future.

I dropped out of the game shortly after starting several years ago when I got the Buffy/Spike/Angel maquettes. I recently got back in when I finally got my Raiders Indy PF I've wanted for so long.

Then the sickness hit. In the last few months I've ordered the following:

- PF Boba Fett
- PF Dr. Doom
- PF Daredevil
- PF Wolverine
- HT Obi-Wan Kenobi
- HT Luke Skywalker
- HT Han Solo/Chewbacca Set
- SS X-Wing Luke Skywalker
- SS R5-D4
- SS Jawa Set

Now, I have to figure out how to order:

- PF Sabretooth
- PF Aquaman
- PF Batman
- PF Wonder Woman
- PF Superman (aftermarket)
- PF Jason Vorhees
- PF Pinhead
- SS He-Man
- SS Skeletor
- HT Darth Vader
- HT Stormtrooper
- HT Sandtrooper
- HT Spacetrooper
- HT Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper Disguise)
- SS TIE Fighter Pilot
- SS Scout Trooper
- SS R2-D2
- SS C-3PO

Wallet.jpg

My foreseeable future.

I dropped out of the game shortly after starting several years ago when I got the Buffy/Spike/Angel maquettes. I recently got back in when I finally got my Raiders Indy PF I've wanted for so long.

Then the sickness hit. In the last few months I've ordered the following:

- PF Boba Fett
- PF Dr. Doom
- PF Daredevil
- PF Wolverine
- HT Obi-Wan Kenobi
- HT Luke Skywalker
- HT Han Solo/Chewbacca Set
- SS X-Wing Luke Skywalker
- SS R5-D4
- SS Jawa Set

Now, I have to figure out how to order:

- PF Sabretooth
- PF Aquaman
- PF Batman
- PF Wonder Woman
- PF Superman (aftermarket)
- PF Jason Vorhees
- PF Pinhead
- SS He-Man
- SS Skeletor
- HT Darth Vader
- HT Stormtrooper
- HT Sandtrooper
- HT Spacetrooper
- HT Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper Disguise)
- SS TIE Fighter Pilot
- SS Scout Trooper
- SS R2-D2
- SS C-3PO

That's a lot for most people but
tumblr_mawkhubK4N1ruva68o1_400.gif

Obi-Wan was $359.99, which is where I'm thinking there'll be some markup from there since that was a while ago. Star Wars is obviously a pricey license, so maybe that had more to do with it. I'd LOVE it if they were that price! I think having a good introductory price would be really smart. Mythos did that with Maul, who was $249.99.

I'm still expecting $379.99, but anything less would be more than welcome.

Yeah, I was thinking $380 minimum for the MOTU statues. I really want He-Man and Skeletor. The sculpts look great and I really like the bases. I think I'm pretty much done with Sideshow collecting though. The ****'s gotten too expensive over the last year or so. My last pre-order was from Feb 2014 for the Commander Cody PF which I'm still waiting on.

Yeah, I was thinking $380 minimum for the MOTU statues. I really want He-Man and Skeletor. The sculpts look great and I really like the bases. I think I'm pretty much done with Sideshow collecting though. The ****'s gotten too expensive over the last year or so. My last pre-order was from Feb 2014 for the Commander Cody PF which I'm still waiting on.

Yeah, prices are going up, which makes it tougher for sure!! There's so much to love from various areas after SDCC too. If you don't like MotU, then there's some DC, or some Prime 1, or a bunch of other pieces. Just lots out there to choose from, and prices are going up all around. Definitely makes one have to be pickier instead of just grabbing anything on a whim!

I could see He-Man being cheaper than Skeletor. I could see He-Man being like, $379.99 and Skeletor being $389.99...something along those lines. I think they'd be smart to start the line cheaper...I'd love $369.99...or even $359.99, but I think that $369.99 would be the lowest. With at LEAST a few more characters on deck in this line (though I think I'd personally keep it to the ladies after this) I think it'd be good to pull some in with cheaper figures, and then work it up as it moves forward. But who knows. Prices are far too hard to predict these days.

Back