Premium Format Sideshow Sabertooth Premium Format (2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in love with this statue. I've been asking for a fully sculpted non pajama mold Sabretooth for a long time and this thing is amazing. Ex is a must. Sort of wish they made the EX head the regular head since that's his classic look but whatever. As long as I can snag an EX I'm happy. Fantastic work SS.

How long would it typically take Sideshow to post edition sizes for this statue? And more importantly, how long does it usually take a statue to be allotted 10% coupons? Thanks for any info.

Edition sizes are usually within 3 months. 10% off coupons only show up when it's been on sale for awhile (several months) and no longer on pre-order. So when the button changes from "pre-order" to "buy now" after it starts shipping. Then after a few months you might see it eligible for 10% off if it isn't selling quickly enough. But if it's selling well then they won't give a coupon for it. Plenty of statues, especially EXs are never coupon eligible.

Wolverine EX was never eligible. Magneto still isn't eligible. Etc.

Edition sizes are usually within 3 months. 10% off coupons only show up when it's been on sale for awhile (several months) and no longer on pre-order. So when the button changes from "pre-order" to "buy now" after it starts shipping. Then after a few months you might see it eligible for 10% off if it isn't selling quickly enough. But if it's selling well then they won't give a coupon for it. Plenty of statues, especially EXs are never coupon eligible.

Thanks for info. Reason I asked is that they are now giving out 10% coupons for Magneto, as per collectors at SF site. So the coupon being offered is not for the Magneto EX? Hoping it is, as the Sabretooth buy has got to be the EX.

Thanks for info. Reason I asked is that they are now giving out 10% coupons for Magneto, as per collectors at SF site. So the coupon being offered is not for the Magneto EX? Hoping it is, as the Sabretooth buy has got to be the EX.
Oh I missed that. If it is for the EX, then it's been about 5 months since that started shipping.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That is simply not true at all. Rogue, Psylocke, Magneto, Thor, Catwoman....etc
All could be had with 10% off coupon, a lot of those are preorder items.

I am mistaken. But it is random. Wolverine and Miles didn't have coupons from what I remember. Those are my two most recent purchases.

So based on edition size and popularity, there could still be a real chance to get a 10% coupon for thé Sabretooth EX? And if yes, are coupons limited timewise when offered? Are the availability of coupons announced, or are they random offerings? Basically, how would one know, or be alerted by the coupon offerings in general?

So based on edition size and popularity, there could still be a real chance to get a 10% coupon for thé Sabretooth EX? And if yes, are coupons limited timewise when offered? Are the availability of coupons announced, or are they random offerings? Basically, how would one know, or be alerted by the coupon offerings in general?

They're usually not announced by SS. It's random from our POV.

No guarantees that a future 10% off coupon will be offered for Sabretooth. Would I bet on it? Yes I would. There has been two previous Sabretooth PFs and both have tanked (heavy discount, free shipping). I can't guarantee anything but I'd wait. There is zero incentive to preorder right now. Worst case scenario it gets waitlisted and you can still jump on the waitlist and get one.

No guarantees that a future 10% off coupon will be offered for Sabretooth. Would I bet on it? Yes I would. There has been two previous Sabretooth PFs and both have tanked (heavy discount, free shipping). I can't guarantee anything but I'd wait. There is zero incentive to preorder right now. Worst case scenario it gets waitlisted and you can still jump on the waitlist and get one.

Thanks. I’ll take your advise, and wait it out, at least until edition size is released. If high, can afford to wait longer, if low, just don’t know. As I really want this statue, and really want the EX., and really want the 10% coupon.

Thanks. I’ll take your advise, and wait it out, at least until edition size is released. If high, can afford to wait longer, if low, just don’t know. As I really want this statue, and really want the EX., and really want the 10% coupon.

Just check the listing on the SS site every day. Wait for it to say "Low Stock" or "Almost Gone!" Even if you get on the waitlist as soon as it goes on waitlist you'll be fine.

Just check the listing on the SS site every day. Wait for it to say "Low Stock" or "Almost Gone!" Even if you get on the waitlist as soon as it goes on waitlist you'll be fine.

Assuming the worst is getting on the wait list, would I still be able to apply reward points? I’m guessing a converting wait list status would completely nullify any chance at a 10% coupon, right?

Assuming the worst is getting on the wait list, would I still be able to apply reward points? I’m guessing a converting wait list status would completely nullify any chance at a 10% coupon, right?
With their new website design you can now apply reward points to waitlisted items. As for coupons not sure. A 10% pop up, probably not. But a $20 off one in the mail, I could see that working. The reason why I can't see a pop-up one working is because a) if it's on waitlist, nobody is getting pop ups for it and b)... There is no b lol. If something is on waitlist they have no reason to discount it.

With their new website design you can now apply reward points to waitlisted items. As for coupons not sure. A 10% pop up, probably not. But a $20 off one in the mail, I could see that working. The reason why I can't see a pop-up one working is because a) if it's on waitlist, nobody is getting pop ups for it and b)... There is no b lol. If something is on waitlist they have no reason to discount it.

Thanks. Sometimes hearing the obvious clarifies things. Now to try and perfectly time the ordering of this kickass sculpt.

So, no more love for this magnificent beast? The more I analyze the sculpt, the more completely blown away I become. The balance, the sublime detailed anatomy, the great pose full of movement, virtually look good from every angle, which make this a true masterpiece.

Heard some criticize the proportions, of head, chest, and legs, and actually question the integrity of this sculpt. At best, this argument is silly, as the front on pics of Sabretooth are skewed, simply due to perspective and pose. In all other photos, head,chest, and legs are all beautifully proportioned. And yes, he does have a neck, as side pics show him thrusting both head and neck forward, as Sabres prepares to lunge. Trust in Martin Canale to know anatomy. He is a master at it.

I like it!

Sculpt and pose are well done. A very dynamic statue. I need a Sabertooth statue in this costume, so I'm definitely in.

33b669053b19e82bc93a81ccfca76fc8.jpg

To go with the new Logan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bump, cause it’s too good to get lost in the shuffle.

Back